Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

krudler wrote: »
    Websites that have a top 10 or 20 of something but require you click through page after page instead of having them all on a list, grrr. Also image sites that if you click into the thumbnail and go back it goes to the top of the previous page not where you were looking at meaning unecessary scrolling.

#whitepeopleproblems.

Done intentionally, as sites often make their ad-revenue based on the number of pages viewed, meaning we have to put up with having to click through page after page.

Still annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Indeed...were they not learned anything in school??

Were they not learned NOTHIN in school !

Irish women , usually in groups ,'out for a walk' , dressed in shocking pink ,three abreast and arms flailing

1. Girls , you're too pale for shocking pink
    2. Give the rest of us room on the path , you hippopotami!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Oops69 wrote: »
    Irish women , usually in groups ,'out for a walk' , dressed in shocking pink ,three abreast and arms flailing

1. Girls , you're too pale for shocking pink
    2. Give the rest of us room on the path , you hippopotami!

:D

Well satirised in Killinaskully! I see ladies of this ilk most days and you wonder how they breathe - they never shut up, it's yapyapyapyap the whole way down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Really annoys me when you're in bed, really comfy and cosy and toasty and feel like you could nod off into a restful and much-needed slumber when you realise you have to get up and pee or you'll be awake in an hour anyway....grrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Merkin wrote: »
    Really annoys me when you're in bed, really comfy and cosy and toasty and feel like you could nod off into a restful and much-needed slumber when you realise you have to get up and pee or you'll be awake in an hour anyway....grrrrrrrrr :mad:

Damn you bodily functions...!

Be practical, get a bottle if that's THAT much of an issue... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

People who decide to park on the road through a car park for a few minutes. I dont mind if its just stop, someone gets out, drives off but not someone walks off, then comes back to open the door, another girl gets out, goes to the boot, opens it, goes back into the car, back to the boot, gets a bag out. No idea what happened then as I just passed them at that stage. If you need to park go into one of those special places they have for such an event in the damn car park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who put their indicators on after they slow down the car and begin turning. Its just a fuucking token gesture at that point isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

When you're waiting for something to be delivered and it doesn't come when you want it to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

This post has been deleted.

I salute you for believing that the HSE is trivial!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

looking for new films released and searching through piles and piles of absolute rubbish, films and t.v shows that should never have been made in the first place.

what kind of an idiot would buy a CSI dvd boxset?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

When people talk about football matches saying "WE won" " WE hammered them" "WE are top of the league" are you playing for the team? No! So stfu!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When you order something out of the takeaway,that you havent had in a while.Your really looking forward to it and its not as nice as you remember.Especially bad if its your last few quid and you were treating yourself.

Joe DUffy of liveline fame , talking like an auld dub , as If he was brought up in the 1910's rather than the 1960s, just as we'll he was off the air this week or he might have tried to reminisce about the day Harry Ramsden's opened a hundred years ago and saved all the poor Duffys from they're starvation diet of tea and bread dipped in dripping , "if we were lucky " !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

People driving with headphones in.

Wondered whether I should post that here or in the "how to spot an idiot" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

People who seem incapable of flushing the toilet. Where I work there is one toilet and any time I go in there is a pissy seat and a un-flushed toilet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Maybe they are preparing for the water charges coming in & only flushing when necessary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When people talk about football matches saying "WE won" " WE hammered them" "WE are top of the league" are you playing for the team? No! So stfu!

Especially when you don't have a bucken clue which match/team/sport they are even on about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Whenever I see a picture of a woman with a navel piercing. Why the hell would you do that to yourself? It must hurt like a mother, and that fugly lump of metal stuck in the hole must surely catch on your clothes? Totaly pointless. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

bnt wrote: »
    Whenever I see a picture of a woman with a navel piercing. Why the hell would you do that to yourself? It must hurt like a mother, and that fugly lump of metal stuck in the hole must surely catch on your clothes? Totaly pointless. :rolleyes:

Not to mention disgusting looking. Blecch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gokogo

Full licensed drivers (apart from me of course) we Irish seem to think that a full license gives us leave to drive however we want, does my nut in!!! Especially middle aged women doing their make up in the rearview mirror while letting the kids bounce around the back seat, I see this every day and every day I think seriously??? How stupid can you be?? grrrrr >:-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gokogo wrote: »
    Full licensed drivers (apart from me of course) we Irish seem to think that a full license gives us leave to drive however we want, does my nut in!!! Especially middle aged women doing their make up in the rearview mirror while letting the kids bounce around the back seat, I see this every day and every day I think seriously??? How stupid can you be?? grrrrr >:-(

You'd be able to start a whole new thread on the annoyances of Irish drivers there are so many of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

My neighbour going away for long weekends and leaving her dog wandering around.

I'm not sure if she's arranged with the people across from me to actually mind the dog, or if they're just animal suckers who like to feed any animal that comes to their door (the dog sleeps on their door step anyway).

Seriously, care for your own animal and stop letting it out to foul up the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

That really high pitch scream kids can do when they are excited. General happens in supermarkets. Worse than nails on a chalkboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Love2u

People chewing gum thinking it looks cooool.

In the jervis centre and Liffey valley and possibly others , having to avoid those ones selling the cosmetic Dead Sea crap for your face /nails , I was told twice as an opening gambit by one of the girls targeting the men that "you look very tired today", if she had said this to a woman , she would have been b****-slapped , the sexist pig !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Oops69 wrote: »
    In the jervis centre and Liffey valley and possibly others , having to avoid those ones selling the cosmetic Dead Sea crap for your face /nails , I was told twice as an opening gambit by one of the girls targeting the men that "you look very tired today", if she had said this to a woman , she would have been b****-slapped , the sexist pig !

Just to take the p1ss, you should've launched into a big discussion about why you were tired:

"Well actually you know, didn't get much sleep last night, one of the kids has teething problems, so of course the other one woke up as well. Had to drag him out of bed to bring him to school this morning. Although the onions mightn't have helped either. I love onions but jaysus they give me terrible heartburn. That'll teach me to have pizza late at night. Still, have to have a few pleasures in life. Speaking of which, I was chatting to a fella in Spar the other day..."

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Lucena wrote: »
    Just to take the p1ss, you should've launched into a big discussion about why you were tired:

"Well actually you know, didn't get much sleep last night, one of the kids has teething problems, so of course the other one woke up as well. Had to drag him out of bed to bring him to school this morning. Although the onions mightn't have helped either. I love onions but jaysus they give me terrible heartburn. That'll teach me to have pizza late at night. Still, have to have a few pleasures in life. Speaking of which, I was chatting to a fella in Spar the other day..."

:P

One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Theres a taxi rank within sight of my house and for some reason the assholes have decided to beep at each other at half 1. No idea why but its really annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement