Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Theres a taxi rank within sight of my house and for some reason the assholes have decided to beep at each other at half 1. No idea why but its really annoying.

But it's not 1 30 yet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Theres a taxi rank within sight of my house and for some reason the assholes have decided to beep at each other at half 1. No idea why but its really annoying.

Cause we know we are annoying you, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's to get the taxi driver in front to move forward when one leaves the rank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tim Minchin, Duke Special & every other white guy who thinks they can carry off dreads successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've heard it before, never encountered it to be honest, but recently, people saying 'pacifically' instead of 'specifically', what is that about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It's to get the taxi driver in front to move forward when one leaves the rank!

If he cant see theres space to move forward, maybe he shouldnt drive a car for a living. Still happening at 2:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

But it's not 1 30 yet :eek:

this is a trivial thing that annoys me, actually its not trivial, its just annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

1. The guy two doors up who walks his dog precisely at 6.50am and 6.50pm, and insists on shouting to it. It's on a lead and it doesn't need it
    2. People on escalators who don't know the convention is stand on right, pass on left
    3. Supermarkets should have traffic lights - I can fly round Tesco etc....should be fast and slow lanes
    4. People queuing for ATMs who only at top seem to know that they need a card
    5. Val in Fair City
    6. Takeaways who rap my door - I have a lit up door bell!
    7. Smug marrieds, who say 'we' all the time (yes, I am single)
    8. But most annoying - I get the same bus into work, and this woman has been reading 'The Da Vinci Code' or the 8 years I have got the bus, and is till only half way through it - she bites her nails with enthusiasm, and gets through a page a day...now she gets on way before me, but at this rate I'll be retired before she finishes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jiggers

When the aul doll starts asking questions...JUST SHUT THE F*** UP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Subscription offers in UK based magazines e.g , get an annual subscription for half price , then in the small print , 'not valid in ROI', lets just rejoin , I'm prepared to forget about the 800 years of oppression or whatever , I want my half price subscription .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People who post pictures on FB, with either pictures of that bearded guy from the hangover or Will Ferrel with quotes, when they weren't the ones that said it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Lucena wrote: »
    Just to take the p1ss, you should've launched into a big discussion about why you were tired:

"Well actually you know, didn't get much sleep last night, one of the kids has teething problems, so of course the other one woke up as well. Had to drag him out of bed to bring him to school this morning. Although the onions mightn't have helped either. I love onions but jaysus they give me terrible heartburn. That'll teach me to have pizza late at night. Still, have to have a few pleasures in life. Speaking of which, I was chatting to a fella in Spar the other day..."

:P
    Better than that, takes less time and will hopefully fsck them up a bit.

"oh, I know, thank you for noticing. My wife/parent/child died last night and I've been up all night preparing for the funeral."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Ireland being referred to as 'Republic of Ireland". The country is Ireland or Eire. It's in the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Women who don't take the stickers off of the back of their heels..was walking behind three of them the other day and they all still had them on..it looks awful and just annoys me for no reason,they're not my shoes why should i care!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

this is a trivial thing that annoys me, actually its not trivial, its just annoying

Umm, sorry? :confused:

amtc wrote: »
    8. But most annoying - I get the same bus into work, and this woman has been reading 'The Da Vinci Code' or the 8 years I have got the bus, and is till only half way through it - she bites her nails with enthusiasm, and gets through a page a day...now she gets on way before me, but at this rate I'll be retired before she finishes it!
    Maybe she's reading extremely dirty erotic fiction and just keeps covering the books with a Da Vinci Code cover to avoid attention?
    Oops69 wrote: »
    if she had said this to a woman , she would have been b****-slapped , the sexist pig !
    I know this was said lightheartedly, but it's one of my trivial annoyances - when people say "if that was a woman there would be outrage!", when actually it happens to women all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Wilberto wrote: »
    I made that mistake too last year. As a result, this year I just put in the phone number 0870000000 ((or something similar))! Let's see them try and ring that one!!! :D:D :P :pac:

I'm going to do this - great idea!

New annoyance, when you're in a shop trying to look at items and someone that works in the shop is stacking the shelves/tidying up the rails or shelves right in front of what you're looking at and they don't move out of the way, so intent are they in finishing their job. My purchasing things is what pays their salary - it's more important that I can see things to buy then you finish up your tidying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm going to do this - great idea!

New annoyance, when you're in a shop trying to look at items and someone that works in the shop is stacking the shelves/tidying up the rails or shelves right in front of what you're looking at and they don't move out of the way, so intent are they in finishing their job. My purchasing things is what pays their salary - it's more important that I can see things to buy then you finish up your tidying now.
    Or when you want to buy a magazine and some inconsiderate stinge bag is standing right in front of it blocking the shelf while they read through an entire magazine slowly. When you politely ask to get to the shelf they give you the stink eye like 'how dare you interrupt my cheapassery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IN dublin working class ,standard is ma,
    or me ma for mother.eg my mother.
    its probably something else up the north.

A thing that annoys me ,is men that wear sandles ,
    without socks.
    i just think mens feet look ugly ,in sandles.
    UNLESS you are at the beach, or work on a farm ,
    i think its better to not wear sandles.
    unless you are a woman.
    i DON,T like people who use world like you guys,
    awesome ,mom, cool, dude, american slang ,
    this is ireland we have our own slang.
    I think its people who watch mostly usa tv shows or they think its just cool.

When people say 'tremen-jus'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I caught a headline on the newspaper today saying that Bressie didnt want to court attention by making his romance with Roz Purcell public. Then this beauty "I know people are interested but...". Newsflash for the 2 of you: NOBODY IS INTERESTED. People up and down the country are in arrears with their mortgages, getting harrassed by banks, losing their jobs and generally trying to keep their heads above water. Morale in the country is low, and the last thing on peoples minds are what some musician and some (enlighten me I dont even know what Roz does??) get up to in their spare time. I would even bet that over half the country have never even heard of either of them. Honestly, if he thinks anyone cares about that his ego is massive. Bigger things going on in the world :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

That really high pitch scream kids can do when they are excited. General happens in supermarkets. Worse than nails on a chalkboard.

One of mine does that in the swimming pool, the minute he hits the water he squeels with delight and keeps going for a few minutes- I have no idea why he does it, I try to swim away from him until he shouts mammy mammy and the whole pool turns to look at me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Skanks swearing profusely. I spent ages at Limerick Regional on Friday, I hadn't been to an outpatient clinic there for decades, I'm not impressed:mad: Anyway we were on a bus back from the hospital to the city centre and we had 2 utter skanks sitting behind us swearing like it was going out of fashion and whispering, as if we had the slightest interest in their pathetic lives.

Christ on a bike I pity anyone living in the Hyde Road/Meagher road areas, it was shocking passing by on the bus, like some sort of war zone with all the burned out and or boarded up houses:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

everlast75 wrote: »
    When people say 'tremen-jus'

Also, millons and billons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Maybe she's reading extremely dirty erotic fiction and just keeps covering the books with a Da Vinci Code cover to avoid attention?

I know this was said lightheartedly, but it's one of my trivial annoyances - when people say "if that was a woman there would be outrage!", when actually it happens to women all the time.

Fair enough , I'll have to visit the cosmetic counters in brown Thomas more often ,just in case I feel like being told I look really tired !

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Our doorbell was out of action for a couple of days and a few callers used their keys to tap on the door's glass instead of just knocking!

For me the result is akin to nails on a blackboard not to mind the fact that it might scratch the glass. Surely knocking is the most natural thing to do in that situation, even with your car keys in hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I fcukin loathe hand dryers in public jacks.

I was using one today in a restaurant, they don't actually dry your hands. They just displace the water elsewhere so it's all round your wrists giving you damp cuffs on your shirt etc.

I usually stand at the feckin things rubbing my hands like a knob for 3-4 mins getting blown by barely hot air, then when I think they're done I walk of only to realise there's still a thin layer of soap lather still on the hands, and return to get (which I should have got to begin with) a couple of handfuls of toilet paper to pat them dry. :mad:

I can't be the only person to detest these useless fcuks of machines. Surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you find messages sent between your partner and her ex organising a secret meetup for when you wont be around...oh wait....trivial...damn...:(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When you find messages sent between your partner and her ex organising a secret meetup for when you wont be around...oh wait....trivial...damn...:(

Poxy indeed, but better you found out than not!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

everlast75 wrote: »
    Poxy indeed, but better you found out than not!!

aye...what to do... :eek:

I sort of wish something trivial was all I had to annoy me now..looks around for next bus lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement