Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I get really annoyed with people who when I visit and bring a cake or biscuits or whatever.. (my mom always said you shouldnt go visit with your hands hanging ) and the person says something like "oh we dont eat them, take them home with you"
    I just think its very rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    people who poison the sauna with weird sh1te eucalyptus oil :/

...or people who walk in a dash loads of water over the coals (ignoring the sign telling them not to) raising the temperature to "surface of the sun", sit there sweating profusely for 90 seconds then fck off for a splash in the pool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Beerwolf not letting me wear shoes in the house.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057030301

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

This might have been said before, but people banging doors or else leaving them wide open really bug me!

Nosy people also offend me. People you barely know asking personal questions - I just find it really rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The Queens was always ghastly! :p

What are /Is the Queens, big gay Clare gaa fans dress in blue and yellow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Oops69 wrote: »
    What are /Is the Queens, big gay Clare gaa fans dress in blue and yellow ?

haha it's a hotel, they recently painted it yellow and blue..looks awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

When you are walking past a stationary group of people and all of a sudden, while you are parallel with them, they start moving in the same direction as you and at roughly the same speed, so you get all caught up in their group. Happened to me last week at the airport and they all looked at me like i was stalking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

EDit wrote: »
    When you are walking past a stationary group of people and all of a sudden, while you are parallel with them, they start moving in the same direction as you and at roughly the same speed, so you get all caught up in their group. Happened to me last week at the airport and they all looked at me like i was stalking them.

Ooh, I hate that. When it happens, I just lays aboot me, Glesgae-style. See ye, Jimmy! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Its to do with my OCD but I hate it, absolutely hate when grown adults say your and they should be saying you're... Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Its to do with my OCD but I hate it, absolutely hate when grown adults say your and they should be saying you're... Lol

How can you hear the difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

How can you hear the difference?
    Wat do u mean? Cnt u hear ppl say stuff two?

Lol yenno what I me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

This happened to me on Saturday night! I managed to go with the handbag strap between my teeth - hovering too! Multitasking brilliance :D

What kind of diseases do women think that they're going to get on the backs of their thighs that they have to hover in public bathrooms and piss all over the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

It's the dirty hoverers who splatter the seat with piss for the rest of us who don't fear catching syphilis through our thighs.

Filthmongers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What kind of diseases do women think that they're going to get on the backs of their thighs that they have to hover in public bathrooms and piss all over the place?

I thought this was mainly the domain of the male??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Crying at work. How utterly female :( Stiff upper lip for fuuck sake! Get your sh1t together woman!

If this was an old B/W fifty's film, you could smack her face a couple of times, and throw some water on her......then she kisses you and sez thanks:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

The really poor spelling in forum posts

Love2u wrote: »
    People chewing gum thinking it looks cooool.

How do you differentiate between people who think it looks cool and people who are just chewing gum?

everlast75 wrote: »
    People who post pictures on FB, with either pictures of that bearded guy from the hangover or Will Ferrel with quotes, when they weren't the ones that said it in the first place.

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/Captainfrogbert/Gandalf-Yoda-Dumbledore-Argh.jpg

riclad wrote: »
    IN dublin working class ,standard is ma,
    or me ma for mother.eg my mother.
    its probably something else up the north.

A thing that annoys me ,is men that wear sandles ,
    without socks.
    i just think mens feet look ugly ,in sandles.
    UNLESS you are at the beach, or work on a farm ,
    i think its better to not wear sandles.
    unless you are a woman.
    i DON,T like people who use world like you guys,
    awesome ,mom, cool, dude, american slang ,
    this is ireland we have our own slang.
    I think its people who watch mostly usa tv shows or they think its just cool.

This guy has a fetish for women's feet. And also bad grammar and spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The little kid next door in the back garden playing with her friend speaking lovely clear English , then along comes 'momzilla' , shouting in raucous Portuguese really destroying the peace !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Oops69 wrote: »
    The little kid next door in the back garden playing with her friend speaking lovely clear English , then along comes 'momzilla' , shouting in raucous Portuguese really destroying the peace !

Yeah, how dare those foreigners be vocal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought this was mainly the domain of the male??

The ladies in the Ilac centre tells a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My neighbours gate squeaked. Really really loudly. Every morning she's leave the house about 6:00am and the squeak would wake me and the missus up. It was like an alarm clock.

It was one of those things though that you'd completely forget about until the next morning at 6:00am when the squeaking alarm clock would go off again.

One night after a few beers it popped into my head - I grabbed a bottle of olive oil in a rage and ran out the door, over to her drive and started pouring olive oil all over the gate.

It no longer squeaks. Victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who ring when they're in someplace that's really loud, then complain they can't hear you. I just hang up, makes life easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

krudler wrote: »
    People who ring when they're in someplace that's really loud, then complain they can't hear you. I just hang up, makes life easier.

I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do :L

I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do :L

Get it multiple times a day at work, it's why I have zero tolerance for it in real life. I genuinely don't understand the mentality behind it, ringing an office while you're driving, or standing at the edge of the Cliffs of Moher (true story), blowing the ear off someone asking them to repeat themselves constantly annoying the crap out of them because you're too dimwitted to ring in someplace quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

krudler wrote: »
    People who ring when they're in someplace that's really loud, then complain they can't hear you.
    And then, because they can't hear you, they start shouting down the phone at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What kinds of diseases do women think that they're going to get on the backs of their thighWhat kind of s that they have to hover in public bathrooms and piss all over the place?

The piss of the woman who's gone before you on your leg who has done the same.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    And then, because they can't hear you, they start shouting down the phone at you.

exactly, or ask you to call them back, ehhhh, no. I have a special hatred in my heart for people who ring on car kits or speaker phone, usually bombing along in a car so all you hear is road noise, or with screaming kids beside them. being on speaker is my biggest pate hate, all you can hear is your own voice echoing back at you, its coming out of the phone speaker and being picked up by the mouthpiece so its like you're having a conversation with yourself, grrr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement