Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The piss of the woman who's gone before you on your leg who has done the same.

It's quite a common problem in male jacks also. Generally I'd just scrub the seat with tissue paper and perhaps soap if wanting to enjoy a good poo. Carrying wet wipes in the handbag could be useful for women also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate when you've just put on a nice clean top and then minutes later you drop something down the front of it. Did it this morning while putting sun cream on my face. Was wearing a dark top that I only ironed last night and had to change again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

When people leave wet spoons in the sugar bag/jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This annoying trivial thing has been bothering me since childhood and there still hasn't been a solution; there has to be an easier way of opening MR.FReeze pops than biting off the plastic bit including 10 billion bacteria at the same time if you haven't got a scissors handy !
    I know I'm a bit old to still be eating mr freeze but I also like smarties, jelly tots and buttons , yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Oops69 wrote: »
    This annoying trivial thing has been bothering me since childhood and there still hasn't been a solution; there has to be an easier way of opening MR.FReeze pops than biting off the plastic bit including 10 billion bacteria at the same time if you haven't got a scissors handy !
    I know I'm a bit old to still be eating mr freeze but I also like smarties, jelly tots and buttons , yum!

Wrap two fingers around the top inch of the pop, then use your thumb to put pressure on the pop to break it at the inch mark. Then bend it back the opposite direction, and twist. Keep twisting until the plastic breaks- voila.

An even more trivial annoyance is when you break off a bit and push it up too fast and it shoots out and falls to the ground... bastard :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Driving when the sun is low and the road keeps meandering so you have to keep moving the sun visor to the front and then to the side and then back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

When people constantly end there sentence with "man" or "dude".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wilberto wrote: »

Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Wilberto wrote: »

Whatever dudeman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Instead of dude or man what about nooch or buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

gugleguy wrote: »
    Instead of dude or man what about nooch or buddy?

I'm not your nooch, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well I'm not your buddy, nooch.

What the hell is a nooch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

When the curtains aren't even on each side.
    I can't sleep till they are perfect
    act-now_0.jpg

When a dog is a pooch, a guy is a nooch��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Eathrin wrote: »
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

The Chinaman is not the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lavelle72

People crunching food

People who say "i enjoy my ..."

When cars break the lights and pull up short of the pedestrian crossing

The words 'banter', 'delicious' and 'grassroots'

Every other hand dryer, if you've ever used a Dyson

Underripe fruit

People with their head stuck in their phone in a social setting

Snoring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who refer to themselves as being great fun, as in "Sure I,m mad craic". Usually turn out to boring sh1tes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

dont mind the feet on seats but bags on seats is a joke, was on the train l8ly and an old woman(cough free travel) had a few bags on the seat,then another woman got on and she went to sit down on the seat with the bags on it, the old woman made a half arsed attempt to move them, then the other woman had to stand the whole way to dublin.

Hate all the people that seem to think they need an extra seat just for their bags on public transport. I usually just plank my arse down on top of their bags anyway. They're pretty quick about moving them then!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hate all the people that seem to think they need an extra seat just for their bags on public transport. I usually just plank my arse down on top of their bags anyway. They're pretty quick about moving them then!! :D

Even better if you fart on their bags too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate radio alarm clocks. We live in a terrace house and our neighbour has one in his bedroom on the opposite side of our bedroom wall. It seems to get louder and louder. FFS ars*hole if I want to listen to music early in the morning I'll switch on my own radio. Get up off your lazy ass and turn the damn thing off. General rule of thumb if you, can hear it from the bathroom in your bedroom it's too fricking loud:mad:

I soooo need a hanging punchbag to vent my stress

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who refer to themselves as being great fun, as in "Sure I,m mad craic". Usually turn out to boring sh1tes.

the same people often turn out to be stupid & narky as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Lucena wrote: »
    The Chinaman is not the issue here.

The preferred nomeclature is Asian American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

This: ;)

To me anyone that uses it is saying "I'm a smug, know-it-all, arsehole"

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

I hate radio alarm clocks. We live in a terrace house and our neighbour has one in his bedroom on the opposite side of our bedroom wall. It seems to get louder and louder. FFS ars*hole if I want to listen to music early in the morning I'll switch on my own radio. Get up off your lazy ass and turn the damn thing off. General rule of thumb if you, can hear it from the bathroom in your bedroom it's too fricking loud:mad:

I soooo need a hanging punchbag to vent my stress

My neighbour does that all the time. She normally doesn't turn the alarm off properly so it goes onto snooze mode. Sometimes after she's left the house, to go to work, her bloody alarm clock is still going off every 10 minutes! Usually happens when I have a lie-in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This: ;)

To me anyone that uses it is saying "I'm a smug, know-it-all, arsehole"

Ain't we all? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Ain't we all? ;)

You said it (and used it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

One sure way to either get them to move the bags or piss off altogether, is get a set of handcuffs and attach one side to your wrist, and smear the other cuff with tomato sauce and leave it dangling.........and then just stand and stare Mansonlike at them....gone in 60 seconds. Works on buses, trains and Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Everything annoys me.

People
    Trains
    Clouds
    Door handles
    Stones
    The No. 4 (number not the bus)
    Animals
    Wheels
    + lots more

Farts smell nice tho I only like my own, not others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

scudo2 wrote: »
    Everything annoys me.

Door handles

+1 what a bunch of knobs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement