Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The fact that Doritos dont come with, dip, all I want is one small dip in the packet, like the size of the dominos garlic may dip.
    if I buy dip I dont use much and it goes off before I get another packet. I would pay 50-80 cent more for this dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

I hate when people use acronyms and abbreviations and then put the full word in brackets next to it...

It defeats the entire purpose...

I was reading a post where somebody said "I completed an EFR (emergency first responder) course which was PHECC (pre hospital emergency care council) approved... or something along those lines....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The way in windows 8 I can't use the left and right arrows to move over and back in apps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The way in windows 8 I can't use the left and right arrows to move over and back in apps!

There isn't enough nurofen in the world that would that would make me want to deal with that abomination. It's like a whole lot of trivial annoyances all built into one.

I know where they're going with it, and it's a great idea to have uniformity across devices in an ecosystem, but jesus h christ their cack handed attempt at desktop integration and the fugly UI is turning people off in their droves!

Touch will never be a viable input for an office admin with a 70 wpm typing speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate the fact that so many sweets have beef or pork gelatine in them. I'm a veggie and it's hard to find sweets that don't have it. So far I've found 2 packets in Lidl that don't have any and some liquorice in Holland and Barrett. I tried some veggie Percy Pigs from M&S tonight, bloody awful:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

have a small pocket radio & only stations it picks up are Radio na Gaeltacht & Lyric FM.

who listens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    have a small pocket radio & only stations it picks up are Radio na Gaeltacht & Lyric FM.

who listens to them.
    You:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Czarcasm wrote: »
    There isn't enough nurofen in the world that would that would make me want to deal with that abomination. It's like a whole lot of trivial annoyances all built into one.

I know where they're going with it, and it's a great idea to have uniformity across devices in an ecosystem, but jesus h christ their cack handed attempt at desktop integration and the fugly UI is turning people off in their droves!

Touch will never be a viable input for an office admin with a 70 wpm typing speed.

I know, it's so bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I really hate the fact that so many sweets have beef or pork gelatine in them. I'm a veggie and it's hard to find sweets that don't have it. So far I've found 2 packets in Lidl that don't have any and some liquorice in Holland and Barrett. I tried some veggie Percy Pigs from M&S tonight, bloody awful(
    Well yeah, the murder is what makes it taste good

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

who listens to them.

Ah come on, ok Radio na Gaeltacht not so much, but Lyric FM with Marty in the morning and every so often throughout the day I'd tune in on the phone when I'm on the move, love me some classical music I do :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Parody threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Dropping a sponge on the ground while washing my car,all the little stones, sand and dirt makes it unusable. ...

I was in Ennis one day, seen a young lad drop the sponge on the ground, he was washing a year 12 bmw 5 series.
    Picked up the sponge and proceeded to the bonnet. ...
    Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When my arse goes numb either sitting on the bed or the office chair when I'm playing the PS3.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    When my arse goes numb either sitting on the bed or the office chair when I'm playing the PS3.

I hate that, happens to me in the bath where my legs go numb and I have to flop out over the side like a drunk seal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate that, happens to me in the bath where my legs go numb and I have to flop out over the side like a drunk seal :pac:

:pac: What a fantastic image! :D

We only have a shower so I don't have that problem.

Geomy wrote: »
    Dropping a sponge on the ground while washing my car,all the little stones, sand and dirt makes it unusable. ...

I was in Ennis one day, seen a young lad drop the sponge on the ground, he was washing a year 12 bmw 5 series.
    Picked up the sponge and proceeded to the bonnet. ...
    Not good

:eek:

Would insurance cover such a thing actually? Not your car insurance but the garages liability insurance? I wonder how something like that would pan out...

Worse are those fcukers when you're stopped in traffic say near a roundabout or at a traffic lights and they come at you with the bucket of filthy water and the gravel filled sponge, intent on scraping the shìte out of your windscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I really hate the fact that so many sweets have beef or pork gelatine in them. I'm a veggie and it's hard to find sweets that don't have it. So far I've found 2 packets in Lidl that don't have any and some liquorice in Holland and Barrett. I tried some veggie Percy Pigs from M&S tonight, bloody awful:(

Jelly tots are vegetarian!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

:eek:

Would insurance cover such a thing actually? Not your car insurance but the garages liability insurance? I wonder how something like that would pan out...

Worse are those fcukers when you're stopped in traffic say near a roundabout or at a traffic lights and they come at you with the bucket of filthy water and the gravel filled sponge, intent on scraping the shìte out of your windscreen!

Yeah I think the garages insurance should cover the damage, I couldn't intervene as I was in a hurry to get to work and the traffic was busy. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Gaa pundits on radio/ tv, every time there's a good close game like today they have to roll out this old chestnut amongst others ;"it was a great advertisement fot the sport of hurling/football", come on a bit of originality please !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate it when sometimes after you've pushed the off button in the shower you get distracted for a second, then you get blasted with the freezing cold water just before the water stops. It takes all the pleasure away from the shower you've just enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Two girls when going out on their own to the cinema or anyone, and calling it "date night"

Ger Canning's bland, inane, monotone commentary - he has no appreciation for moments skill - every game is the same to him, and he somehow keeps the gig as RTE's top commentator.
    Hate looking at the top goals/points of the year and they get the life sucked out of them when you hear his bored voice describing it without any passion or enthusiasm.

Also, I hate Mo Farah's stupid heart shaped celebration, and Usain Bolt's arrow sign - they'll never be the Michael Jordan symbol , now THAT was iconic

I hate posting really cool/funny things on Facebook and getting at best one or two likes.

Then someone posts an unspectacular picture of their kid and gets 30 likes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

When I go to click on a thread when i'm on my phone and it clicks on the poster instead so it makes it look like im perusing their profile when i'm not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Also, I hate Mo Farah's stupid heart shaped celebration, and Usain Bolt's arrow sign - they'll never be the Michael Jordan symbol , now THAT was iconic

I thought it was meant o be an 'm' for Mo. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I thought it was meant o be an 'm' for Mo. :confused:
    It's the mobot! I like it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I hate posting really cool/funny things on Facebook and getting at best one or two likes.

Then someone posts an unspectacular picture of their kid and gets 30 likes :mad:

Don't knock it, this kind of sh1te helping me to cut my Facebook usage down to almost never going on there.

Typically someone would post up photos of their kids, and pretty much every time someone would write "So cute!" underneath, not even necessarily the same person each time.

Got boring after the fiftieth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

People saying "I personally believe" or "Personally I think" or any such derivative. Grrrr....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

White pepper in tables in restaurants. White pepper is rotten! It destroys food. Black or nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

feckin ejits that hog the overtaking lane on a dual carriageway, doing the same speed as the normal lane when there is no cars in front of them and they could easily pass! was behind said Muppet the whole length of the carraigeway home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement