Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

People who wait for announcements from Apple like as if they were going to announce the second coming of Christ! Seriously like, they're probably going to make the screen a small bit bigger, get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 greendrop

Separate taps for hot and cold water and windows opening to outside only!
    (I have a birds sh..e on my bedroom window that I can't clean!

What genius invented both above? :rolleyes:

-plus anyone sayin "whoopsie daisy" :( or calling me "love" "bird" or "pet" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who wait for announcements from Apple like as if they were going to announce the second coming of Christ! Seriously like, they're probably going to make the screen a small bit bigger, get over it.
    Be even funnier when they launch the smart watches, fool money easily parted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

People who use 'hidden gem' or 'wee gem' or any ****ing thing with a 'gem' to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

People who bite their forks.........

And people who bite their forks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I can't imagine it hasn't been mentioned but anyway...

People who write "grabs popcorn" at the start of any thread that's clearly going to turn into a train wreck.

It makes me want to commit genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I can't imagine it hasn't been mentioned but anyway...

People who write "grabs popcorn" at the start of any thread that's clearly going to turn into a train wreck.

It makes me want to commit genocide.

*grabs weapons of mass destruction and awaits to begin said genocide.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

When people attempt to flout the swear filter, but the words aren't actually subject to the filter in the first place, eg: piss, bastard, prick, balls to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Also people who tell you to "just buy Apple and get on with it". No, I don't want an iPod/iPhone. I want an mp3 that I can drag-n-drop my pre-existing music collection on to quickly and easily without having to change formats. I want one that can be synced with any computer and that I can back-up easily (i.e. I can just view the files, ctrl A, ctrl C, ctrl V and have all the files copied). I want one that doesn't require specific software and cables. I don't need an Internet browser/camera/address book on my mp3 player, I have devices for those already... My old Creative/new Sony do exactly what I want and the battery lasts forever - why should I "just buy Apple"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Also people who tell you to "just buy Apple and get on with it". No, I don't want an iPod/iPhone. I want an mp3 that I can drag-n-drop my pre-existing music collection on to quickly and easily without having to change formats. I want one that can be synced with any computer and that I can back-up easily (i.e. I can just vimew the files, ctrl A, ctrl V, ctrl C and have all the files copied). I want one that doesn't require specific software and cables. I don't need an Internet browser/camera/address book on my mp3 player, I have devices for those already... My old Creative/new Sony do exactly what I want and the battery lasts forever - why should I "just buy Apple"?

Here here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Waiters doling out the black pepper or grating the Parmesan for pasta dishes , always too mangy with the grinding and grating , just give me the grinder and the Parmesan , go away and I'll sort it out my self !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Oops69 wrote: »
    Waiters doling out the black pepper or grating the Parmesan for pasta dishes , always too mangy with the grinding and grating , just give me the grinder and the Parmesan , go away and I'll sort it out my self !

Does that really grind your gears?

When people attempt to flout the swear filter, but the words aren't actually subject to the filter in the first place, eg: piss, bastard, prick, balls to name a few.

I do that out of politeness.....kind of still a good way to take the edge off it without dulling it's impact too much,

e.g.

I am a b*stard

versus

I am a bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rm234

People from the country who refer to moving up to Dublin as 'the big move'. Ugh it's hardly that big of a deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Not everyone knows which words are filtered, I certainly don't.

Testing:

Bollocks
    Tits
    Arse
    Felch

Cool! We get to use all the good ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I bought the most gorgeous new coat, but havent had anywhere to wear it because im sick in bed :(

Its also on sale now :(http://www.newlook.com/eu/shop/womens/jackets-and-coats/pale-grey-jersey-snood-belted-jacket_283496302

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I bought the most gorgeous new coat, but havent had anywhere to wear it because im sick in bed :(

Its also on sale now :(http://www.newlook.com/eu/shop/womens/jackets-and-coats/pale-grey-jersey-snood-belted-jacket_283496302

If you didn't hate cuddles, I'd give you the biggest one right now! I saw a woman on the train this morning wearing the grey version of that coat and I wanted to ask her where she got it but didn't get a chance to.

vitani wrote: »
    If you didn't hate cuddles, I'd give you the biggest one right now! I saw a woman on the train this morning wearing the grey version of that coat and I wanted to ask her where she got it but didn't get a chance to.

Well thats cheered me up a bit :) Now you know where to get the coat, and its on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

lazy people, who go to the drive thru, cos they're too lazy to go in and order, then go to a car park, eat their grub, and then chuck the papers out the window, cos they're too lazy to go to the (non-drive-thru) bin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm really, and I mean, REALLY, starting to wonder about people. I just received a cover letter and attached CV by e-mail (snipped out the irrelevant bits, underlined the relevant bits):

To whom it may concern,

I would like to apply for <snip>

I would like to draw ur attention to my experience <snip>

Along with my experience I hold an honors degree in <snip>. I look foward to hearing from you should u consider me suitible for interview.

Yours sincerly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm really, and I mean, REALLY, starting to wonder about people. I just received a cover letter and attached CV by e-mail (snipped out the irrelevant bits, underlined the relevant bits):

That makes me weep with anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That makes me weep with anger.

Almost had me do a table flip tbh.

I've always said it though- I'm not by any means a spelling and grammar pedant, but more and more I'm seeing such terrible lack of attention to detail and pure out and out laziness. It just screams "unmotivated, lazy, can't be arsed" that someone wouldn't use the tools built into word processing programs and spell checkers built into browsers these days.

It takes 30 seconds in a short but such an important document as a CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lucena wrote: »
    Not everyone knows which words are filtered, I certainly don't.

Testing:

Felch

Cool! We get to use all the good ones!

Ha ha, Felch. I only heard that word for the first time a few weeks ago. Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

That coat is amazing - did you buy online or in the shop? I had bad experience with new look online and am not keen to buy from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Like, what's ur issue, like? Litterally they got like payper an wrote like a letter and u understud it so there majorly skilled in like olden day communication stuff. Maybe u shoud take this like windo of oppertunity and transition to like now coz maybe sum of ur custimers are their allreddy like. Besides which it tuk yeers for u and I to get as like perfect as we is now like so chill? They don't teech olden times spelling in MBA classes or like meeja studies u no? An tink of the time there saving bi utillizing this jonra of litterisy.

By the way, when is they're intervu?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

rm234 wrote: »
    People from the country who refer to moving up to Dublin as 'the big move'. Ugh it's hardly that big of a deal!

People who refer to anywhere outside Dublin as "Down the Country"....

aknitter wrote: »
    That coat is amazing - did you buy online or in the shop? I had bad experience with new look online and am not keen to buy from them

I bought it in store, never had a bad experience online though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A couple of years back, I was involved in an interview, when the candidate was asked if the had any questions in relation to the position, she asked "How long do you have to be here before you can go sick and how long do you get for lunch hour"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who refer to anywhere outside Dublin as "Down the Country"....

I prefer to say "Down the Bog"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement