Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I get a payment from abroad into my bank account at the same time every month, this has been the case for years. For some reason, over the past couple of months my bank has decided to write to me to let me know that it's in my account and that they haven't charged me for the letter, wtf:confused: I use online banking, I know what's in my account, do they want a pat on the back for not charging me for a letter to give me information that I already have?

Oh, on a seperate note, what is with the awkward way that tubular packets of biscuits open? I bought some biscuits for my husband last week and he loved them, so I bought another pack today. I just wanted to try 1 but when I opened the back the design means that the top comes away with 3 biscuits in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Oh, on a seperate note, what is with the awkward way that tubular packets of biscuits open? I bought some biscuits for my husband last week and he loved them, so I bought another pack today. I just wanted to try 1 but when I opened the back the design means that the top comes away with 3 biscuits in it.

But that's the beauty of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

People that help themselves to whatever food in the kitchen, having the final bit - and leaving the empty packaging in the cabinet, or whatever...

Absolutely annoys the hell out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Also it's bad enough when people call to my house unannouced, but when they then follow me into the kitchen to chat while I'm making the coffee/tea, that pisses me off big time. I've left them in the living room, I'm making the fricking tea/coffee and I'll bring it to you when I'm done, why follow me, why?

Ever noticed that most unexpected visitors call when your house is in chaos or just generally untidy. Like maybe you decided, just for once, not to bother doing the dishes the night before, so the kitchen is a mess? Or you've got tatty grubby clothes on because you're doing some gardening or some such when they arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

while we're on the topic of biscuits here's what annoys me.

The last Digestive in a pack, its always broken, stale and
    crumbling to dust no matter how recently purchased the pack is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

chopper6 wrote: »
    I hate people who wear sunglasses when it's not sunny...they can usually also be seen holding a cup of coffee in one hand and thier phone in the other...rendering them deaf *and* blind with associated crashing into people.

Maybe if you drop some coins in the coffee cup, and offer a few encouraging words:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OhHiMark wrote: »
    He's 8 years old, that's not right. He should want to be out playing with friends.

24 hours in the day, he plays with his friends outside, goes over to their houses, does all the stuff children do, and he knows far more about engines, cars and lorries than I ever will, from spending time with his grandfather working on his lorries.

His encyclopedic knowledge of the world's major cities (I've tested him on this), I don't know where he gets it from, because looking at the books on his hospital table right now he's reading-

"Bonechillers Toilet Terror"

"Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb"

"Horrid Henry's Nits"

"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"

"James and the Giant Peach"

Sounds like your typical 8 year old to me anyway.

Trivial thing that annoys me? People ripping one single post completely out of context and formulating wild assumptions.

Czarcasm wrote: »

"James and the Giant Peach"

Good choice Roald Dahl got me through some tough times!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Trivial thing that annoys me? People ripping one single post completely out of context and formulating wild assumptions.

I think he was ripping the piss. I doubt there was a need to get that touchy about it…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I think he was ripping the piss. I doubt there was a need to get that touchy about it…

I dont think there's a place for ripping the p1ss when it involves someone's child though. Whatever about slagging the poster. Dunno, I dont have kids, but I imagine its a normal reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I dont think there's a place for ripping the p1ss when it involves someone's child though. Whatever about slagging the poster. Dunno, I dont have kids, but I imagine its a normal reaction.

Then the poster should not have brought up the issue of their kid. Not nice to talk about kids like that, I agree, but if the topic was brought up.

On an unrelated note,
    Kids. In general.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

People who eat with their mouth open making that noise when they chew, sound like a horse eating an apple.

Nah, if someone puts a spiel on a thread that's mostly been about jokey back and forth replies and someone puts up a pretty innocent remark about it, there's need to get so defensive and go off on one about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I hate when ya order a roll or wrap and the person doesn't half it....

The result is either I tear it and make a balls of it and all the good stuff falls out or ya have to start from the bad end and it's just not as nice!

Then the poster should not have brought up the issue of their kid. Not nice to talk about kids like that, I agree, but if the topic was brought up.

On an unrelated note,
    Kids. In general.:D

I'm undecided. Sometimes I see kids and I can feel my biological clock ticking and cant wait to have my own. Other times (especially when they scare the sh1te out of you with that unexpected, piercing scream at a checkout) I just want to cull them all :mad: Super narky today :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I agree, very normal reaction to get defensive about your kids....especially when someone else tells you what (they think||) the kids SHOULD be doing.

Oh sweet Jesus Divine, I just had the mother of all annoyances. Bad grammar and mis-use of the English language really gets to me anyway, the usual "he learned me everything I know" etc - you know when it is kind of right (in that, you know what the person means) but it's also hideously wrong and leaves a feeling of sick in the back of your throat. The one I just had? Someone said, "I was suggested to call you" - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ADVISED!!!!!! ADVISED!!!!!! ADVISED FFS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

People paying for small purchases with credit card, surely they can carry some few bob around with them. And then women who go rooting around in a big (fake designer) bag for their purse when it eventually dawns on them that they have to pay for the groceries! And of course its then a case of 'hang on a minute I think I have the 99 cent in change'

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I agree, very normal reaction to get defensive about your kids....especially when someone else tells you what (they think||) the kids SHOULD be doing.

Tbf, if you don't like people being pass-remarkable about your kids or their activities don't write about them on an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Oh sweet Jesus Divine, I just had the mother of all annoyances. Bad grammar and mis-use of the English language really gets to me anyway, the usual "he learned me everything I know" etc - you know when it is kind of right (in that, you know what the person means) but it's also hideously wrong and leaves a feeling of sick in the back of your throat. The one I just had? Someone said, "I was suggested to call you" - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ADVISED!!!!!! ADVISED!!!!!! ADVISED FFS!!!!!

Agreed . There is a Facebook page entitled " You know your in Drogheda when " . Says it all really !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm undecided. Sometimes I see kids and I can feel my biological clock ticking and cant wait to have my own. Other times (especially when they scare the sh1te out of you with that unexpected, piercing scream at a checkout) I just want to cull them all :mad: Super narky today :(:(

The way to get rid of any baby hankerings is go to a supermarket at 3pm on a saturday, put you off kids forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nah, if someone puts a spiel on a thread that's mostly been about jokey back and forth replies and someone puts up a pretty innocent remark about it, there's need to get so defensive and go off on one about it.

Ahh I genuinely didn't realise they were joking kunst, if I HAD actually gotten tetchy about it though and taken Mark seriously, my reply would've been a lot shorter and more, *ahem*, curt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

krudler wrote: »
    The way to get rid of any baby hankerings is go to a supermarket at 3pm on a saturday, put you off kids forever.

Heh - ain't that the truth! Thankfully, my strict Orthodox Hasidic Bloke faith forbids me from frequenting such places during the weekend, except before 8am and then only to sprint in-and-out for a few odds and ends! :D

I remember walking through a crowded shop before with a friend and this kid was screaming really loudly. My friend got this weird look and when I asked if she was ok she replied, "yeah, yeah fine...just reminds me I forgot to take my pill today" :D

im annoyed by this kind of indecisive weather we have at the moment, too cold for just a t-shirt/shirt, but put on a top and ye'r sweatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jimgoose wrote: »
    Heh - ain't that the truth! Thankfully, my strict Orthodix Hasidic Bloke faith forbids me from frequenting such places during the weekend, except before 8am and then only to sprint in-and-out for a few odds and ends! :D
    I remember walking through a crowded shop before with a friend and this kid was screaming really loudly. My friend got this weird look and when I asked if she was ok she replied, "yeah, yeah fine...just reminds me I forgot to take my pill today" :D

was in tesco the other day and near the till I was at there was a shelf of pet stuff, including squeaky toys, this kid was endlessly squeaking the toy, everyone looking at the little brat as his dope of a mother standing there oblivious, it wasn't like it was quiet either, do parents just drown out when their kids are being **** in public or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes you can usually drown most of the noise out.You become immune to it really.You forget how load they are to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

was in tesco the other day and near the till I was at there was a shelf of pet stuff, including squeaky toys, this kid was endlessly squeaking the toy, everyone looking at the little brat as his dope of a mother standing there oblivious, it wasn't like it was quiet either, do parents just drown out when their kids are being **** in public or something.

Yes, that is a fact. When I'm with the extended family at Xmas time I notice this. My aunt/uncle or whoever would be talking to me while their kid is shouting at them or me. They just carry on talking, and I can't even hear what they're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

dubstarr wrote: »
    Yes you can usually drown most of the noise out.You become immune to it really.You forget how load they are to other people.

To be honest, the only way you can handle it is to just develop a resistance. It's like a vaccine against torture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

You aren't selling parenthood here lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement