Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

thankfully, I don't have to listen to sports journalists calling him 'Joe-a-Vani Tap -a-tony' any more ! Please let the next manager have a name the dilberts can pronounce !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Movies being interrupted for the news annoys the sh*t out of me.

Tis an impatient ol' fart who requires his news at an exact time of the evening, let him wait till after and stop interrupting my enjoyment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Those little hairs in the corner of your mouth that I always seem to forget about when I'm shaving :/ I have to go back and do it all over again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

How Irish kids these days all seem to call their mother 'Mum'. What's wrong with good old Mammy, or Mam? Why Brit-icise everything?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Those little hairs in the corner of your mouth that I always seem to forget about when I'm shaving :/ I have to go back and do it all over again now!

Worse - nose and ear hair! :(

An electric razor though is good for getting the bits around your mouth and just under your nose. I wouldn't have time for a cut-throat job every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

People filing their nails nearby makes my skin crawl. People who whistle because very few people can whistle well and most can't maintain the tune. argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    I hate when ya order a roll or wrap and the person doesn't half it....

The result is either I tear it and make a balls of it and all the good stuff falls out or ya have to start from the bad end and it's just not as nice!

This reminds me of when I had my first sub. It was in San Francisco about fifteen years ago and I ordered a veggie sub with all the lovely salad and proceeded to attack it with gusto as I do with most food.
    As I took another monstrous bite I had a sharp stabbing pain in the roof of my mouth.
    Yes, so hungry and greedy that I was, I failed to notice the sharp little cocktail sticks they had spiked my food with to keep them together.
    Bloody things hurt.

So the trivial things that annoyed me are unnecessary weapons that lace your food and my gluttony.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Worse - nose and ear hair! :(

An electric razor though is good for getting the bits around your mouth and just under your nose. I wouldn't have time for a cut-throat job every morning.

Gillette Fusion stuff is the bomb. That's another thing that annoys me - I am immune to all advertising except theirs. Damn you, King C. Gillette!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭b_mac

Women who refer to their boyfriends/husbands as "hubby/hubbie" .Had to hit my head off the wall just a few minutes ago reading a thread ,where said name, was used in every sentence!! UGHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

b_mac wrote: »
    Women who refer to their boyfriends/husbands as "hubby/hubbie" .Had to hit my head off the wall just a few minutes ago reading a thread ,where said name, was used in every sentence!! UGHHH!!

Who refers to their boyfriend as hubby?:eek:

• Advertisement

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Who refers to their boyfriend as hubby?:eek:

Is it just what a wife calls their husband so?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aideenr1

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    How Irish kids these days all seem to call their mother 'Mum'. What's wrong with good old Mammy, or Mam? Why Brit-icise everything?!?!

Or even worse Mom or Mommy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

people who "mam", "mum" whatever as the 3rd person when telling a story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

b_mac wrote: »
    Is it just what a wife calls their husband so?

Haha, I hope so. If my GF called me hubby I would be a little worried!

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Haha, I hope so. If my GF called me hubby I would be a little worried!

Whoops haha, cheers for clearing that one up for me ... Still hate the word though !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

On an unrelated note,
    Kids. In general.:D

More like people who talk about nothing but their kids, and try to show you photographs of them all the f*cking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

people who moan about other people talking about their kids too much or showing them pictures of their kids but in reality they've probably been asked once to look at a photo and the kid talk is over heard between different sets of parents.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

how often are you asked to look at kid pics?

Quite a lot. I haven't actually kept a diary or anything ;)

• Advertisement

ah yes, I know what you mean, people forcing you to look at their facebook pics.

Nope. Those people are blocked :pac:

If you actually want an example, the lady who sits beside me in work talks about her kid constantly, and quite often, maybe once every two weeks, shows me pics of said kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Tbf, if you don't like people being pass-remarkable about your kids or their activities don't write about them on an internet forum.

I didn't, and I don't. Merely defending the right of people who wish to be defensive about their kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Nope. Those people are blocked :pac:

If you actually want an example, the lady who sits beside me in work talks about her kid constantly, and quite often, maybe once every two weeks, shows me pics of said kid.

I've a cousin like that. Every fuucking time I log onto FB there is more drivel about her child. She's at baby yoga, sign-language...probably moved onto interprative dance at this stage. Constant parping on about how many words she can sign now. The kid is 15 months old give her a fuucking break! You'd swear she was the first child ever to be born. Even before her birth, her grandparents were banging on about how beautiful she was going to be because her parents are good looking - child came out looking like grandad lol

What I find even more annoying than parents doing this is grandparents. At least parents have some excuse but grandparents? Most of them are just trying to fill a void in their own lives. My friends mother took over completely when the grandchild came along - we were actually worried about her - she seemed to think it was her own kid or something...super creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

What I find even more annoying than parents doing this is grandparents. At least parents have some excuse but grandparents? Most of them are just trying to fill a void in their own lives. My friends mother took over completely when the grandchild came along - we were actually worried about her - she seemed to think it was her own kid or something...super creepy.[/QUOTE]

Its like that crap about buying a card for Granny (They have special granny cards) on Mothers day.....whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I've a cousin like that. Every fuucking time I log onto FB there is more drivel about her child. She's at baby yoga, sign-language...probably moved onto interprative dance at this stage. Constant parping on about how many words she can sign now. The kid is 15 months old give her a fuucking break! You'd swear she was the first child ever to be born. Even before her birth, her grandparents were banging on about how beautiful she was going to be because her parents are good looking - child came out looking like grandad lol

What I find even more annoying than parents doing this is grandparents. At least parents have some excuse but grandparents? Most of them are just trying to fill a void in their own lives. My friends mother took over completely when the grandchild came along - we were actually worried about her - she seemed to think it was her own kid or something...super creepy.

Yeah, but consider how amusing it's going to be when the little darling hits her teenage years and rebels againt all that helicopter parenting and becomes a pot smoking mini-slag with more tattoo's then Amy Winehouse.
    Then whenever you ask 'so how's that precious little darling of yours these days?' you can enjoy their squirming discomfort as all they have to say is 'fine, she's fine..'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

condoms

When the cream cracker breaks before you put it on the slice of bread . Drives me f***ing mental

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Jake1 wrote: »
    When the cream cracker breaks before you put it on the slice of bread . Drives me f***ing mental

You put cream crackers on your bread...? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Jake1 wrote: »

Cream crackers on bread? Or in bread? Like a sandwich?

Clearly I'm missing something which has the potential to be either awesome, or a bit... dafuq? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement