Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Jake1 wrote: »
    When the cream cracker breaks before you put it on the slice of bread . Drives me f***ing mental

Cracker sandwiches?

BeerWolf wrote: »
    You put cream crackers on your bread...? :confused:

No, shock absorber. I mean the slice of bread acts as a shock absorber so the cracker dosent break.
    But sometimes the cracker breaks before you even get it onto the bread.
    Example you butter cracker on counter , bread board, whatever. The cracker usually breaks. So if you put it on a slice of bread it usually doesnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

When the cream cracker breaks before you put it on the slice of bread . Drives me f***ing mental

WTF are you putting crackers on bread for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

No, shock absorber. I mean the slice of bread acts as a shock absorber so the cracker dosent break.
    Example you butter cracker on counter , bread board, whatever. The cracker usually breaks. So if you put it on a slice of bread it usually doesnt.

That's actually rather clever! :eek:

Which side do you butter? The smooth side or the bubbly side? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Man up and eat the f**king cracker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

people that put the year they were born in their username efb80 pah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

conorhal wrote: »
    Yeah, but consider how amusing it's going to be when the little darling hits her teenage years and rebels againt all that helicopter parenting and becomes a pot smoking mini-slag with more tattoo's then Amy Winehouse.
    Then whenever you ask 'so how's that precious little darling of yours these days?' you can enjoy their squirming discomfort as all they have to say is 'fine, she's fine..'

Not sure....she comes from a long line of "box tickers". You know the ones. The kind who never put a foot wrong. When we were kids, my mum used to come back from their house like an antichrist because their house was spotless. No toys strewn around. Perfect little princesses with handmade clothes. Good at everything in school. Played sport. Had two boyfriends each in their lives - the first they met at 16 and were childhood sweethearts for two years then broke up and remained best friends. The second became fiance. Exactly like that. BF-Fiance-House-Marriage-Baby in that order only or else! In fact, I've started to hate the Christmas party because I always feel so...out of place :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

efb wrote: »
    people that put the year they were born in their username efb80 pah!

That always makes me feel like an old fart when I see someone with something like 'username1995'

'but they're not old enough to be on the interne....oh'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

o1s1n wrote: »
    That always makes me feel like an old fart when I see someone with something like 'username1995'

'but they're not old enough to be on the interne....oh'

Or the word "Cortina" in it......don't get me started

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That's actually rather clever! :eek:

Which side do you butter? The smooth side or the bubbly side? :pac:

Oh the bubbly side, more room for absorbsion by the butter :)))

Oh the bubbly side, more room for absorbsion by the butter :)))

:eek:

Contravershall... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

People that misspell words like boy as Bhoy to make themselves sound like a Scottish hardman.

Know what ya mane boi :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I think you should just butter, or whatever, your crackers with less force... :P

I think you should just butter, or whatever, your crackers with less force... :P

yeah , but its not like I bodyslam them onto the counter now either :D

( bet yiz all try this bread/cracker scenario, next time you want a cracker ) :)

yeah , but its not like I bodyslam them onto the counter now either :D

( bet yiz all try this bread/cracker scenario, next time you want a cracker ) :)

I certainly will anyway, but I don't think I'm brave enough just yet to try bubbly side buttered... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People yawning without covering their mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Every year when the tins of chocolates appear on the shelves I'm suspicious that the tins seem smaller, but Jesus when I saw them today they look ridiculously small. I don't think one box would last a small family for more than a day. You could hardly graze your way through Christmas week mindlessly shoveling choccies into your mouth on one tin alone. Then again that's probably a good thing:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I certainly will anyway, but I don't think I'm brave enough just yet to try bubbly side buttered... :(
    Mouth-spray!

It's not his fault, but every time the guy sitting opposite me leaves his desk, his phone rings non-stop until seconds before he gets back. Losing it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Clearing all the liquorice in Candy Crush but still having loads of jelly to remove :(
    I hate level 86 :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People yawning without covering their mouth.

During a job interview....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And they spelt Yawn with a H :D

Mouth-spray!

It's not his fault, but every time the guy sitting opposite me leaves his desk, his phone rings non-stop until seconds before he gets back. Losing it here.

Ohh that drives me spare - The office phone might not ring for an hour in the morning, I decide I'll head out for a coffee and a smoke, and I've just lit up and taken the first drag when *ring ring*... It's not the smoke that turns the air blue as I storm back in to take the call! :pac:

I'm thinking I'll just divert the office phone to my mobile altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

sitting in the dentists chair and regreting having onions on that sandwich at lunch, the Dentist is hawt and my breath has the strong pong of onions, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...It's not his fault, but every time the guy sitting opposite me leaves his desk, his phone rings non-stop until seconds before he gets back. Losing it here.

It is too his fault. Fukker's ringing his desk from a cellphone to make himself look busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

sitting in the dentists chair and regreting having onions on that sandwich at lunch, the Dentist is hawt and my breath has the strong pong of onions, doh!

I generally don't eat after breakfast, brushing after, should I have a dental appointment later that day...

Why in God's name would you eat, of all things, onions... knowing you had a dental appointment!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I generally don't eat after breakfast, brushing after, should I have a dental appointment later that day...

Why in God's name would you eat, of all things, onions... knowing you had a dental appointment!?

thought I would have had time to go Home and use mouthwash and brush before the appointment, I didnt have time, now sexy Dentist woman prob thinks I dont look after me teeth and that I eat raw onions for dinner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

jimgoose wrote: »
    It is too his fault. Fukker's ringing his desk from a cellphone to make himself look busy.

A cellphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OhHiMark wrote: »
    A cellphone?

Yank for "mobile telephone". I was an infrastructure engineer at Motorola for seven years - cut me a little slack, maaan!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »

That's bad! I was having a cup of coffee today in a shopping centre when the person at the next table decide to display their tonsils. Yeuch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement