Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The clock in my car is on auto meaning it's kept on time by signals from radio stations. All was well until I started listening to Newstalk, (I moved the dial). When I switch to Newstalk it sets the time back by 1hr 36mins. It corrects itself again when I tune in to any other station. HOW ANNOYING and trivial IS THAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

thought I would have had time to go Home and use mouthwash and brush before the appointment, I didnt have time, now sexy Dentist woman prob thinks I dont look after me teeth and that I eat raw onions for dinner :(
    Guys ,relax , ;) the dentist deals with pus filled dental abscesses and pungent gingivitis for a living , onions and garlic are like airfreshener to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Where the fcuk does Alfie Moon get his shirts? Shìteshirts.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Why do people insist on talking to me when im in the middle of watching a movie or i have headphones on?

Leave me alone :mad:

Czarcasm wrote: »

Its next door to ****eActing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ebay of course.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Alfie-Moon-Shirt-Bird-Soul-Star-Full-Sleeve-Formal-Casual-Fashion-MS-OLLY-/230940794193

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Probably from that poxy market outside the most depressing pub in England,
    not that I watch Eastenders:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Probably from that poxy market outside the most depressing pub in England,
    not that I watch Eastenders:D

Try it on Christmas day...the pub is usually in flames whilst somebody slumbers in the bedsit above it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Was in the supermarket earlier and there was a smelly unwashed man walking around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

This is not trivial in my opinion but people who pad out the shortest sentence with the word "like".

"So I was like,he was like,it was like..oh my god"

They're also fond of misusing the word "random".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Was in the supermarket earlier and there was a smelly unwashed man walking around.

I work with one of those. He fcuking reeks at the moment, same clothes every day for last 2 weeks! :mad:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I work with one of those. He fcuking reeks at the moment, same clothes every day for last 2 weeks! :mad:

What about people who use those mothball things.....the bang off them is uckin cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What about people who use those mothball things.....the bang off them is uckin cruel.

Yeah, that's part of it as well I'd say. The reek of mothballs makes my eyes water. (As a side note, how do they get the moth's legs apart? :p)

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Yeah, that's part of it as well I'd say. The reek of mothballs makes my eyes water. (As a side note, how do they get the moth's legs apart? :p)

How do you get a moth's legs apart? That's a whole different thread....:D

Those ads for 'Tom Crean, Atlantic explorer ' that appear periodically on rte radio ,I live in dread of they're reappearance , I know the ad off by heart !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Oops69 wrote: »
    Those ads for 'Tom Crean, Atlantic explorer ' that appear periodically on rte radio ,I live in dread of they're reappearance , I know the ad off by heart !

It's the Barry's Tea 'Well, doesn't that beat Banagher' ad they have at Christmas that does my head in. Aural herpes so it is. And the worst part is the people that text in to the shows after it plays with sh¡te like 'Ah, I know it's Christmas now that I've heard that ad…'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Have you already said this exact same thing earlier in the thread, or was that someone else? :pac:

Have you already said this exact same thing earlier in the thread, or was that someone else? :pac:

Yeah , just cut your grass. Put out your window boxes of pansies and paint your parish pump and they'll leave you alone

• Advertisement

How do you get a moth's legs apart? That's a whole different thread....:D

A wedgie usually works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In my job the women who work here always put the black bags over to the door, but will never ever take them to the bins. It annoys the life out of me. If the bags were heavy I would say something, but they aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The mechanical escalators in the shopping centre; not the stair one, the other one that's like a ramp. It goes incredibly slowly so I always walk up and am amazed by the amount of people who just stand there going up at snails pace. Do these people not have anything better to be doing? Going in today there were about 10 in front of me so I didn't bother trying to weave past and coming out some dude had his trolley right in the middle so I would have had to get up on the handrail to get past so just waited there as my life passed me by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Being instructed by the recording on the 2013 Dublin buses to exit by the centre doors. Dublin bus should not bother with this unless they get the driver / inspector to say this to passengers - the only useful recording is the one about holding untouched the handles and rails. The one about getting fined 3000 euro is annoying as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When using upc remote control so many times either when flicking through the stations or press the buttons for the number of the channel you end up on the upc channel or some other channel way back. Must be the worst remote control ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When using upc remote control so many times either when flicking through the stations or press the buttons for the number of the channel you end up on the upc channel or some other channel way back. Must be the worst remote control ever made.

Speaking of which, just now- any time my wife gets near the remote control! :(

I wanted to watch "Dorian Gray" on More4, she insists on watching some "Lake Placid" crap on E4, *grumble grumble* :mad:

Speaking of which, just now- any time my wife gets near the remote control! :(

I wanted to watch "Dorian Gray" on More4, she insists on watching some "Lake Placid" crap on E4, *grumble grumble* :mad:

Assert yourself :)

(yeah, like that works, when us chicks want the telly...)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I hate when I'm Lidl shopping and I don't place the (full) trolley at the very start of the belt and the person behind me starts unpacking.

I arrived to a (surprise!) empty belt today and for some reason I placed the trolley mid-belt. I had a big shop in there, and I empty from the "end" of it, so I really don't like having to tell the person behind to stop filling the belt with their stuff as I won't have enough room for mine!

No, it's not Dunnes or Tesco where goods can build up post scanner while i empty the trolley, but for gods sake, discount German supermarkets have been in this country for over 10 years! Observe and learn people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The UPC remote makes me want to stab people. It is so unresponsive so it's impossible to type in a channel number because pressing three numbers in quick succession is just too much for it. Then some times it freezes and then loads of things happen at once. Don't get me started in the box thing and it's "series link" function.

I was all set to change to Sky recently because our year contract was up until I remembered in Feb they offered us an upgrade in our broadband speed but we had to sign up for a year from that date and I stupidly took it. Grr!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement