Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Another one that got me tonight - chocolate biscuit cake with raisins in it. Why, why would you do that? Raisins are disgusting and chocolate biscuit cake is delicious :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

Americanisms really irritate me. The misspelling of English words for no good reason (color for colour etc.) and the fact that these have become acceptable over here and in Britain.

A topical one; the way everyone refers to the the Twin Towers atrocity as "9/11". If you're going to be stupid enough to refer to a tragedy as a date (which irritates me in itself), at least get the date right. It should be date-month-year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The UPC remote makes me want to stab people. It is so unresponsive so it's impossible to type in a channel number because pressing three numbers in quick succession is just too much for it. Then some times it freezes and then loads of things happen at once. Don't get me started in the box thing and it's "series link" function.

I was all set to change to Sky recently because our year contract was up until I remembered in Feb they offered us an upgrade in our broadband speed but we had to sign up for a year from that date and I stupidly took it. Grr!

I've been tempted to throw the remote at the tv at times and the start up takes ages before the remote starts to respond and then the software in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Speaking of which, just now- any time my wife gets near the remote control! :(

I wanted to watch "Dorian Gray" on More4, she insists on watching some "Lake Placid" crap on E4, *grumble grumble* :mad:

y
    You let your wife have the remote control?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

People who refer to me as pal or bud. Especially strangers. I am not your pal or your bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

People who refer to me as pal or bud. Especially strangers. I am not your pal or your bud.

Cheers mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

u ok hun?

Sorry, I'm sorry, couldn't resist! :pac:

Alright mate.......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Allright But ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Bunch of comedians in here :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Howya horse -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Americanisms really irritate me. The misspelling of English words for no good reason (color for colour etc.) and the fact that these have become acceptable over here and in Britain.

A topical one; the way everyone refers to the the Twin Towers atrocity as "9/11". If you're going to be stupid enough to refer to a tragedy as a date (which irritates me in itself), at least get the date right. It should be date-month-year.

I was quite annoyed to come back to Ireland about ten years ago (I live abroad) and notice people saying 'pissed' to mean annoyed and not inebriated.

It's fupping 'pissed off'!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gavingaz wrote: »
    My housemate has a dose of d dickcheese. That annoys me.

how do you know?

he paying his rent to you in kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Double posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Not being able to dislike something thats Irish without someone mentioning the "Irish inferiority complex"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

When people don't know the rhythm for giving a phone number - it's 3 3 2 2! (i.e. 08x xxx xx xx)
    Coworker drives me up the wall saying it like 3 2 3 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who pronounce Portugal like Porti-gall. Its Porchugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    You and whoever you're complaining about are both wrong.

It's Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Strangers who address me by my first name, i.e. in the bank they thank me when I make a lodgement in branch and a cashier says thank you 'insert name here'. Likewise if I'm dealing with a company rep on the phone, address me as Mrs not by my first name, I prefer the professional courtesy rather than familiarity with someone I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Women , and mostly overweight ones , in black leggings that are dirty and threadbare , my god girls have you no respect ....on the other hand maybe this should be a post in 'annoying large things !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Strangers who address me by my first name, i.e. in the bank they thank me when I make a lodgement in branch and a cashier says thank you 'insert name here'. Likewise if I'm dealing with a company rep on the phone, address me as Mrs not by my first name, I prefer the professional courtesy rather than familiarity with someone I don't know.

Oh I completely disagree. I prefer people using my first name for everything. I hate being addressed by 'Miss' or 'Ms'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

It's onions that have me annoyed today. Not their taste or the way they make you cry.

This time it's the 'hard to get rid of' smell they leave on your hands after cutting them. The fecking smell just lingers on yer hands no matter how much ya scrub them Made fajitas last night, was smelling onion off my hands this morning, making me gag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Rasheed wrote: »
    Oh I completely disagree. I prefer people using my first name for everything. I hate being addressed by 'Miss' or 'Ms'.

Many years ago on my first day working as a receptionist for a company, I addressed a client as Mr Browne. He very promptly told me " I was f*(king well christened and not pissed on".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

elfy4eva wrote: »
    It's onions that have me annoyed today. Not their taste or the way they make you cry.

This time it's the 'hard to get rid of' smell they leave on your hands after cutting them. The fecking smell just lingers on yer hands no matter how much ya scrub them Made fajitas last night, was smelling onion off my hands the this morning, making me gag!

Same with garlic. Chop up cloves of garlic and your hands smell of it for the rest of the week!

elfy4eva wrote: »
    This time it's the 'hard to get rid of' smell they leave on your hands after cutting them. The fecking smell just lingers on yer hands no matter how much ya scrub them Made fajitas last night, was smelling onion off my hands the this morning, making me gag!

Rub stainless steel under water. It's not a scientific fact or anything but it works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Planemo wrote: »
    When people don't know the rhythm for giving a phone number - it's 3 3 2 2! (i.e. 08x xxx xx xx)
    Coworker drives me up the wall saying it like 3 2 3 2

I swear I've been staring at this thinking, why is the Cork guy saying the numbers the wrong way around....then the light came on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

cofy wrote: »
    Many years ago on my first day working as a receptionist for a company, I addressed a client as Mr Browne. He very promptly told me " I was f*(king well christened and not pissed on".

What an ignorant prick.

I don't like when people say 'a-shume' instead of 'assume'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

You opened the door when you got there, would you mind leaving it the way it was after you've used it?

And then the "look around" to see who closes it- you're the nearest get up off your fat árse.

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »

What about people who go to "Spayin" for holidays...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement