Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about people who go to "Spayin" for holidays...

People make it a holiday to fix their pets now? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Or some brag on about going to Tennoreeeffff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You and whoever you're complaining about are both wrong.

It's Portugal.

Correct.

Italy, on the other hand, is not pronounced 'Ickly'.

Just so people know.

Italy...not Ickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Correct.

Italy, on the other hand, is not pronounced 'Ickly'.

Just so people know.

Italy...not Ickly.

What about the Eyetalians:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about the Eyetalians:D

Or those people who go for a romantic weekend to Paris?

****in numpties!

It's Par-i.

Par-i.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Or those people who go for a romantic weekend to Paris?

****in numpties!

It's Par-i.

Par-i.

People who say "par-i" in an otherwise English sentence :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Teenage boys - had the misfortune to get a Dart home from town today at school home time. Horrible, awkward, bum fluffed and hormonal things. Also, one of them had a girls haircut - a proper bob with a fringe and all. Weird.

I Almost cried looking at my little baby thinking he'd turn into one of those one day. How do parents deal with their kids becoming teenagers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Almost cried looking at my little baby thinking he'd turn into one of those one day. How do parents deal with their kids becoming teenagers?!

With alcohol, I imagine…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Teenage boys - had the misfortune to get a Dart home from town today at school home time. Horrible, awkward, bum fluffed and hormonal things. Also, one of them had a girls haircut - a proper bob with a fringe and all. Weird.

I Almost cried looking at my little baby thinking he'd turn into one of those one day. How do parents deal with their kids becoming teenagers?!
    Hopefully by getting sterilised before Its too late !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Simply by choosing not to reproduce.

That makes no sense. I asked how parents deal with their kids becoming teenagers. If you have "chosen not to reproduce" you're not a parent so the question wouldn't apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Thighland

Billy Jo-well

Pettiness, and it's close sibling, bitchiness.

I'm seeing way too much of it today, in way too many contexts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fcuking flu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

house mate watching the soccer when GBBO is on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Awl biddy post office workers annoy me. Always havin' a chat with another biddy at the top of the line. I feel as old as they are be the time I get through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Czarcasm wrote: »
    People who say they have the flu when in fact all they have is a sniffle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

People saying the flu when they mean diarrhoea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That stupid feckin ring on the plastic milk jugs that always falls into your cup / bowl.

Makes me want to dissolve the inventor in a barrel of hydrofluoric acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Smelly bin water that leaks out of the bottom of the bin bag and lands on your clothes when you take the bin out. Yuck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

That's what you told work.

So what are your first impressions of GTA V? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ice Storm wrote: »
    People who say they have the flu when in fact all they have is a sniffle. :pac:

I can't even sniff, my head is pure blocked up! It's like somebody snapped a wristband over my eyebrows! :pac:

People saying the flu when they mean diarrhoea

I suppose I can be thankful for small mercies at least that hasn't happened, runny nose and a throbbing headache is the worst of it, lemsips do feckall!

Lucena wrote: »
    That's what you told work.

So what are your first impressions of GTA V? :P

I feckin' wish, being self-employed I was still out working today, could barely focus on what I was doing and supposed to be doing a full days presentations tomorrow, I'll have a hot bath in a minute and... actually the unpredictable sneezing is the worst- I just snotted all over my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I can't even sniff, my head is pure blocked up! It's like somebody snapped a wristband over my eyebrows! :pac:

Thats just congestion, I suffer bad with that. get yourself a pack of sudofed and yer away! If ya had actual flu you wouldn't be on your phone or PC! :D

EDIT: Also get some Olbas oil, few drops of that on your pillow and enjoy a night of easy breathing :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I feckin' wish, being self-employed I was still out working today, could barely focus on what I was doing and supposed to be doing a full days presentations tomorrow, I'll have a hot bath in a minute and... actually the unpredictable sneezing is the worst- I just snotted all over my phone :(

Too much detail!! :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

That people fail to understand that something like the flu will effect people across a spectrum of severity. Some people won't have any symptoms, some will have some, some will be fscked from on high with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Putting on a pair or rubber gloves, only to find there are little pools of water in the finger tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

horsefarm wrote: »
    Putting on a pair or rubber gloves, only to find there are little pools of water in the finger tips

*PROTIP*

Use a pin to prick holes in the finger tips, thus draining out all the water!

Lucena wrote: »
    *PROTIP*

Use a pin to prick holes in the finger tips, thus draining out all the water!

Or turn them inside out to dry, thus maintaining the waterproof aspect of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

^^was just gonna say is that not the whole point of rubber gloves

• Advertisement

People quoting the post just prior to theirs and saying "This" when referring to trivial things that annoy them.

Might have been amusing the first 1000 times, but not anymore!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement