Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People quoting the post just prior to theirs and saying "This" when referring to trivial things that annoy them.

Might have been amusing the first 1000 times, but not anymore!

Must resist !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Someone at work telling you a story involving people you don't know and starting the story with what they did themselves when they got up that morning and how they decided whether to go out that night or not bother because they might be going out the next night or maybe not depending on what the neighbours were going to do and also they really weren't feeling that well because in fact they hadn't had a great sleep the night before - they tossed and turned and tossed and turned and actually thought at one stage that they might actually be sick because their head was lifting, maybe it was because of the change in the weather, but really they hadn't really felt well for a couple of weeks what with the whole lower-back situation and the weird sniffles, omigod, everyone's complaining about it these days there's something weird going on, everyone seems to feel so tired these days but eventually we did go to the pub even though they weren't really feeling up to it and then would you believe it there was this guy who ended up being thrown out because he was so weird and no-one knew who he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I suppose I can be thankful for small mercies at least that hasn't happened, runny nose and a throbbing headache is the worst of it, lemsips do feckall!
    Excuse the pedantry, but if you don't have a fever, you don't have the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Planemo wrote: »
    Excuse the pedantry, but if you don't have a fever, you don't have the flu.
    And the influenza season hasn't even started yet , the vaccine hasn't even arrived yet even !, people who call the common cold/ rhinovirus the flu I.e influenza , hope all our sympathy is making you feel better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Bugs me when on announcing the winner of 'come dine with me' they always say: in fifth place **** in fourth place*****in third place*****in second place**** thus answering the question of who won without dramatic pause! Once in a blue moon someone does it right and goes from third place to first!!!! Very trivial but its the little things!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I hate not having time to remember my dreams. Or having dreams, and when I am in the dream and it is good, but then you wake up and reality is worser. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Twitter's new way of linking tweets in a conversation (i.e. moving the original tweet to the top of the timeline every time someone replies and linking them with a blue line, but not always showing the most recent reply). It's confusing me far more than it really should be. Stop it, Twitter, it worked better before!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

The way Sky plus remote seems to randomly select a channel when you press the blue "Favourite" channel..
    It should go to the next in the list, but it does not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Right I'll get the ball rolling.

One of the things that relegated people to barely above pond life in my estimation is when people smoke in bus shelters. Absolute ****.

If people want to smoke, fire away, whatever floats your boat. When dickheads force me to suffer their filthy, disgusting habit, they can get fu*ked.

I'm going to start throat punching the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

Similar to above, when you are standing on train platform (waiting for a train) and some sh***hawk stands beside you and starts smoking. No consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Seaneh wrote: »

One of the things that relegated people to barely above pond life in my estimation is when people smoke in bus shelters. Absolute ****.

If people want to smoke, fire away, whatever floats your boat. When dickheads force me to suffer their filthy, disgusting habit, they can get fu*ked.

When people don't know about the Ranting and Raving forum. That really gets my goat.

Public transport users who leave their backpacks on, on a packed train / bus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

When people eat while I'm trying to smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

People who cough or sneeze near other people without covering their nose/mouth. It's just gank.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that drain my energy with their misery and complaints, thinly disguised as "conversation".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

People standing right at your shoulder when you're using the ATM.

Had to ask some c*nt once was he looking for a signed photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Loud music from headphones in public spaces

'Noise' leakage from crappy headphones.

People who have a half hour phone conversation on the Luas, particularly when they sit next to you when you were already there and there are no seats to move to.

People who play music without headphones on public transport.

People who put their bags on an inside (or outside) Luas seat on a rush hour Luas. I have started sitting on the bag so they get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Litter from car while driving. FFS how hard is it to hold onto your litter and dump it in the bin at home? Lazy, ignorant and inconsiderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

People who leave SH1T£ stains constantly on the back of the toilet. Knowing fine well Ill be forced to clean it up. Every 3 or 4 days :mad: Animals

• Advertisement

Litter from car while driving. FFS how hard is it to hold onto your litter and dump it in the bin at home? Lazy, ignorant and inconsiderate.

Fairly regular to see a spilt coffee or soft drink on the Luas with the container rolling around on the floor.

Or remains of a few tinnies and biscuits on the DART. Most recent was some crushed Jammie dodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Seaneh wrote: »

Get out then you freeloading nicotine thief! :mad:

ronan45 wrote: »
    People who leave SH1T£ stains constantly on the back of the toilet. Knowing fine well Ill be forced to clean it up. Every 3 or 4 days :mad: Animals

Is this at home or at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Is this at home or at work?

House mates! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Leaving piss on the toilet seat in your place of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

**** that drive on bendy roads at fcukin 40kmh when the speed limit is fcukin 100kmh, you're late, and you cant get fcuking PAST THEM!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

People who try and get on the Luas while people are trying to get off.

Then tut because I knock them out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

People who yawn without covering their mouth - I don't need to see what you had for lunch.

People who don't indicate when driving.

People who block up supermarket aisles withh their trollies while they have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Oh yeah .... See it loads , all the burger boxs and cans carefully packed in a bag and then dumped out the window... Personally I'd gave the car crushed(with or without the occupants)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

When people think they can treat like **** because you work minimum wage. It's generally only the Irish that cause issues. Other nationalities respect you. But the Irish think you should do whatever they want or say to you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement