Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

People who take 10 minutes to empty their purse at the supermarket checkout

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

hfallada wrote: »
    When people think they can treat like **** because you work minimum wage. It's generally only the Irish that cause issues. Other nationalities respect you. But the Irish think you should do whatever they want or say to you

I don't really ever see this (as a customer ), I am polite when dealing with shop assistants etc, but I'm sure there are people who look down on service industry type roles / workers. Disappointing behaviour.

it's nice to be nice.

ronan45 wrote: »
    House mates! ;)

Start referring to them by the name 'sh-*t stainz' when out and about, with other friends, in the pub, in front of they girl friends etc.

They will soon get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Neighbours knocking on my front door at 3 and 4 in the morning.

Don't they realise that's my drum practise time:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

People (women mainly) who stand waiting ages for a bus and then only decide to assemble the exact change when they're actually on the bus holding the rest of us up.

When your walking behind someone whos slower and then as soon as you try to walk past them they make a sudden direction change as your walking past them and block you.

People who get off a bus or train and suddenly stop one or two steps off said bus/train for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm going to start throat punching the ****.

or....

You'll do nothing and bitch about it online that night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When there are NO cars behind you but moving traffic in front and still that idiot driver wants to pull out of a side road to get into a small gap in front of you causing you to brake hard when he could have just waited a couple more seconds for you to pass and joined the flow without being a d/@k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Nonsmokers beside me when im outside, that let out a little girly cough like their poor little lungs are jumping out their throat. Makes me want to use their pokey little eyes as an ashtray.

Feck off back into some smoke free building somewhere, the outside is the smokers domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I hate when people drive on the over taking lane, as if its a regular lane....and wont get out of my way.
    Or when the traffic is backed up coming off a dual carriage way and people drive past everyone on the over taking lane right to the top of the queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Fcukers with stinking breath.

Go to the dentist ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

People who take 10 minutes to empty their purse at the supermarket checkout

I hate that - They spend 5 minutes packing or letting the assistant pack for them and then when that's done, it's like big shocked head - Oh what I have to pay for it as well -What an inconvenience....Cue next 5 minutes looking for exact change or maybe a voucher suddenly appears. Drives me mad.

On seperate note - I was in Lidl last week and big queue forms - next customer up is a guy in a wheelchair - in his sixties maybe. He buys 5 bottles of alcohol. Grand no problem - but then I realise - it's not a motorised wheelchair and he has no bags - He has nowhere to put the stuff and if he does hold onto it - he can't wheel himself.

Now one of the staff came over straightaway and helped him outside ( now i don't know if there was someone there waiting on him) but surely the thought must have crossed his mind - How am I going to bring this stuff home??

iDave wrote: »
    When your walking behind someone whos slower and then as soon as you try to walk past them they make a sudden direction change as your walking past them and block you.

An idiot did this to me yesterday, barged him out of my way. Fat spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

so many things , so little time :)

People , typically older women who act surprised when the cashier at the supermarket says , that's 10 euro 50 cent pls , they then proceed to look for their bag , then hunt in the suitcase type bag for their purse , unzip it , hunt for the money , then get change and the whole thing is done in reverse....

HAVE THE PURSE / MONEY READY , you will need to pay for your purchases !

Airtricity people knocking on my door every two weeks ..... NO I WILL NOT CHANGE !

People who park in disabled spots when they are not entitled ....... I have been known to approach them and ask if there has been a miracle ! It's amazing how rain seems to create miracles at my local Tescos.

People who drop litter...... grrrrrrrrrrr

Shop workers that wont even hold the bag open for you. Standing there with your change in their hand, judging you because you havent taken it yet while you try to speed pack 2 bags on your own. All the time there's 3 auld ones behind you tutting away cause they're late for mass or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Merged to keep the mega thread going.

Moved house recently. There's a light switch in the new place that switches nothing. Why the fook is it there?

The F**cker next door that keeps knocking my tv on and off with their dodgy light switches...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Shop workers that wont even hold the bag open for you. Standing there with your change in their hand, judging you because you havent taken it yet while you try to speed pack 2 bags on your own. All the time there's 3 auld ones behind you tutting away cause they're late for mass or something.

This only came in since we had to pay for the bags....which Ive always found a bit odd, when they were free the person serving you would pack them for you or at least help with them, but ever since we've had to pay for them you get a bag thrown at you and an impatient look....da fuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The F**cker next door that keeps knocking my tv on and off with their dodgy light switches...

If it's affecting your TV it's not just their light switches that are dodgy…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Moved house recently. There's a light switch in the new place that switches nothing. Why the fook is it there?

whoa ... don't switch it off ............ :)

If it's affecting your TV it's not just their light switches that are dodgy…
    You might wanna read Dr. Bollocko's post above my original one :)

• Advertisement

Davidth88 wrote: »
    whoa ... don't switch it off ............ :)

Im trying to watch iCarly here!!!!

(admit it, you all watch it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You might wanna read Dr. Bollocko's post above my original one :)

Ahhhh…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

people parking in child and parent places...i know its not as bad as parking in a disabled place, but when you have to try and get a baby into the car in a smaller space, possibly with the car next to you parked too close, it can be quite annoying, especially if you have to put the actual car seat in, not just the child.

Taxi drivers that say they've only just started and that they have no change, when you hand them a fifty.

Not my problem if you're too incompetent to understand what a float is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Merged to keep the mega thread going.

Hold on, what I posted wasn't "trivial" it was inconsiderate actions of dedicated dickheads. Its not appropriate for this thread and I'd like my thread reinstated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hold on, what I posted wasn't "trivial" it was inconsiderate actions of dedicated dickheads. Its not appropriate for this thread and I'd like my thread reinstated thanks.

Well, now you got a new trivial thing that annoys you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thighland

Billy Jo-well

Does Calafawna count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This only came in since we had to pay for the bags....which Ive always found a bit odd, when they were free the person serving you would pack them for you or at least help with them, but ever since we've had to pay for them you get a bag thrown at you and an impatient look....da fuq?

I notice this more so in Lidl. I think they are told to rush people through. I love when they hold out my change and I can make a point of finishing packing my bags before taking it. Play them at their own game. Leave them holding their hand out like an eejit. I refuse to queue for ages and then be hurried on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

hfallada wrote: »
    When people think they can treat like **** because you work minimum wage. It's generally only the Irish that cause issues. Other nationalities respect you. But the Irish think you should do whatever they want or say to you

I am repeating myself here, what the uckerss who walk in to a shop to be served while on that very important call............

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I notice this more so in Lidl. I think they are told to rush people through. I love when they hold out my change and I can make a point of finishing packing my bags before taking it. Play them at their own game. Leave them holding their hand out like an eejit. I refuse to queue for ages and then be hurried on the other side.

you know that lidl has a specific bag packing area behind the tills to reduce queues? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement