Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I notice this more so in Lidl. I think they are told to rush people through. I love when they hold out my change and I can make a point of finishing packing my bags before taking it. Play them at their own game. Leave them holding their hand out like an eejit. I refuse to queue for ages and then be hurried on the other side.

Get the fook out of the way and stop holding up the queue. You dont pack your bags at the till once everything is scanned, you do that at the counter behind the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

Adds, pop up adds for iphone apps etc.

I have never once, seen a pop up add that made me think, “wow, what a good app / product. Ill download that now”

More likely to cancel the pop-up straight away.

Same with adds on you tube... “you may skip this add in 5 seconds...” damn right i will.....

grrrrrrr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I notice this more so in Lidl. I think they are told to rush people through. I love when they hold out my change and I can make a point of finishing packing my bags before taking it. Play them at their own game. Leave them holding their hand out like an eejit. I refuse to queue for ages and then be hurried on the other side.

The reason you had to "queue for ages" is because of a few other ignorant, selfish and stupid people just like you doing the same thing !!

Just for the record the vast majority of us pack our bags at the shelf behind . It's just a lot less hassle as well as being considerate and what's expected. Also the vast majority of us wish the assistants would ever tell you guys not to pack at the till and hold us all up longer !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I thought everybody packed at the shelf behind the tills in LIDL...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 HonTheLilies

When you'rein someone else's house, they make tea or coffee for the 2nd time and they give u the cup that they or someone else had the first time :-@ Obscure but bugs the life outta me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

When you'rein someone else's house, they make tea or coffee for the 2nd time and they give u the cup that they or someone else had the first time :-@ Obscure but bugs the life outta me.

...is it washed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Listening to the media and politicians talking about the 'ordinary vulnerable people'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

you know that lidl has a specific bag packing area behind the tills to reduce queues? ;)

Yes.

desbrook wrote: »
    The reason you had to "queue for ages" is because of a few other ignorant, selfish and stupid people just like you doing the same thing !!

Just for the record the vast majority of us pack our bags at the shelf behind . It's just a lot less hassle as well as being considerate and what's expected. Also the vast majority of us wish the assistants would ever tell you guys not to pack at the till and hold us all up longer !

Ignorant, selfish and stupid? Based on one post? I'm practically seduced by your powers of deduction lol

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

People who stop walking when they get on an escalator/travelator.. keep walking ye fat lazy shytes.

• Advertisement

Get the fook out of the way and stop holding up the queue. You dont pack your bags at the till once everything is scanned, you do that at the counter behind the tills.

I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I do.

Then you annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Dublin and free state people saying Pacific instead of specific.

A nice trick I have to deal with this is to name projects at work "Pacific 1", "Pacific 2" etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Remember the days of crazy prices?
    It didn't start with lidl!

People who stop walking when they get on an escalator/travelator.. keep walking ye fat lazy shytes.

They do that on those moving platforms in the airport too. Here's a tip - if you walk while you're on it, you'll move even faster.

Part troll wrote: »
    Adds, pop up adds for iphone apps etc.

I have never once, seen a pop up add that made me think, “wow, what a good app / product. Ill download that now”

More likely to cancel the pop-up straight away.

Same with adds on you tube... “you may skip this add in 5 seconds...” damn right i will.....

grrrrrrr:mad:

There's an insurance one that comes up on youtube and the five secs is just enough time for the annoying bint to say, "wait! dont click skip!" urgh!!!!!!!!!! Shut up b1tch, I'll fuucking click what I want :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Dublin and free state people saying Pacific instead of specific.

A nice trick I have to deal with this is to name projects at work "Pacific 1", "Pacific 2" etc. :D

Not, by any stretch restricted to Dublin .....and the Free State??WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I do.

So why do you get to have a separate rule, a rule that holds up the whole queue?! Just grab your sh!t and move to the packing shelf, like a normal thoughtful fast person.

Then you annoy me.

Then you're in the right thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

It must make you people really mad to go to Dunnes or tesco where the moving of all your stuff back into the trolly to then proceed packing it elsewhere isnt practised. No one else seems to mind waiting in a queue there,why is it any different in lidl?

• Advertisement

So why do you get to have a separate rule, a rule that holds up the whole queue?! Just grab your sh!t and move to the packing shelf, like a normal thoughtful fast person.

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I love throwing the "Free State" in now and again. Gets the Freestater's going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I know, I actually did a double take when I read that too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    It must make you people really mad to go to Dunnes or tesco where the moving of all your stuff back into the trolly to then proceed packing it elsewhere isnt practised. No one else seems to mind waiting in a queue there,why is it any different in lidl?

Well I don't shop in Dunnes and use self service check out in Tesco, simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Women handbags.......I effing hate them. Sometimes I have to take the wife's car and have to rummage through her handbag for the keys. Impossible to find among all the crap such as coins, chewing gum, hairbands, hairclips, lip balm, mirror, pens, painkillers, tampons, recipts, sunglasses, mobile and other such rubbish orbiting around inside. Now I just bring her the bag and ask her to look. I can't take it anymore.

The other day someone rang my mother. Rummaged through the bag for about 15 rings before the phone was located. She answered and put it back in the bag. It rang again about a minute later and another marathon rummage session ensued. YOU JUST ****ING PUT IT IN FOR ****S SAKE.

Because there are rules in Lidlsville. Tesco and Dunnes are full of ignorant, silly, thoughless neanderthals who dont know how to play by...the ruuuuuuuules. Thats why they are in Dunnes and Tesco - they're actually barred from Lidl. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Oldnotwise specifically complained about having to wait in the queue before getting to the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jjmcclure wrote: »
    I love throwing the "Free State" in now and again. Gets the Freestater's going! :D

We never stopped....Chucky ar law:pac:

gramar wrote: »
    Women handbags.......I effing hate them. Sometimes I have to take the wife's car and have to rummage through her handbag for the keys. Impossible to find among all the crap such as coins, chewing gum, hairbands, hairclips, lip balm, mirror, pens, painkillers, tampons, recipts, sunglasses, mobile and other such rubbish orbiting around inside. Now I just bring her the bag and ask her to look. I can't take it anymore.

The other day someone rang my mother. Rummaged through the bag for about 15 rings before the phone was located. She answered and put it back in the bag. It rang again about a minute later and another marathon rummage session ensued. YOU JUST ****ING PUT IT IN FOR ****S SAKE.

There's actually some unwritten rule that says no matter what you're looking for in a handbag, it will be at the bottom. You would think that statistically at least some of the time what you are looking for would be at the top but it never is!

• Advertisement

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Oldnotwise specifically complained about having to wait in the queue before getting to the till.

Yes, because the rule says everyone else has to pack elsewhere...remember?:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement