Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Oldnotwise specifically complained about having to wait in the queue before getting to the till.
    Actually I believe she said she refused to be rushed through at the till when she had been queuing for a long time..didn't really complain about being in the queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Oldnotwise specifically complained about having to wait in the queue before getting to the till.

No, she complained about the cashier waiting with her change when she's packing her bags in the Lidls and the Aldis and how she likes to go extra slow to annoy them, holding everybody else behind her up in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

No, she complained about the cashier waiting with her change when she's packing her bags in the Lidls and the Aldis and how she likes to go extra slow to annoy them, holding everybody else behind her up in the process.

I didnt complain about them holding out my change - I specifically said I love it, and I dont "like to go extra slow" - I just go at my normal pace :) Maybe its extra slow in the eyes of the supersonic vigilante Lidlsville packers :P Off to Tesco with you until you get your act together girl! They should make shopping and packing in Lidl an olympic sport - we might get more gold medals that way :D Can you imagine, all the olympic hopefuls being waved off at Dublin Airport - lets check this list again - passport? Yes. Boarding pass? Yes. Shopping trolley? Yes. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

or you could just not be a wanker and use the packing shelf like everybody else?

or you could just not be a wanker and use the packing shelf like everybody else?

How can a girl be a wanker? (checks again) - nope, definitely nothing there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

OldNotWIse wrote: »

You don't have any sexual organs?

You don't have any sexual organs?

I was under the impression that wanker specifically referred to bored use of one's own penis? In any event, it's not masturbation thats holding up the queue - even I'm not that bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was under the impression that wanker specifically referred to bored use of one's own penis? In any event, it's not masturbation thats holding up the queue - even I'm not that bad :D

In France, "la queue" is a vulgar term for "penis". :pac:

Aglomerado wrote: »

:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Aglomerado wrote: »

So all this time, people have been unknowingly forming lines 'resembling' a penis?

Them French are just downright dirty!! :mad:

Edit - did a translation, it's tail... -.-;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Surely that's for a different thread?? Sorry, I thought it said Banker.....my eye sight is going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Goons who post the most trivial pointless nonsense as videos on youtube, then get their fellow youtube chums to rate the video positively. And then disable the rating on the same video so it cannot be rated negatively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Those cardboard cartons that Aldi, Tesco, everywhere sell eggs in.

I can't touch them without getting the shivers.

Every have someone scratch the blackboard with chalk and you shudder? That's what I get from those cartons.

Even if there was a special deal on I would not buy them. Plastic for me

mikemac1 wrote: »

Every have someone scratch the blackboard with chalk and you shudder? That's what I get from those cartons.

I get that from cotton wool, it's a horrible feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I totally understand that. For me, it's wet wood, e.g. ice pop sticks (most unfortunately!) and also wet wooden spoons. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Forks that have their tines stuck together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

BeerWolf wrote: »
    So all this time, people have been unknowingly forming lines 'resembling' a penis?

Them French are just downright dirty!! :mad:

Edit - did a translation, it's tail... -.-;

Live in France, it's 'dick'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I get this too.... Cotton wool and putting wet hands on tissue as well. Urgh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Yes, more plastic. Terrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Those hand driers where you can't turn up the little silver funnel to dry your face. Even worse when you're hunched down underneath one trying to dry your face and a girl walks out of the cubicle behind you.

Checking the sign on the door you realise that's meant to be a girl, and you're in the wrong toilet, again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Those hand driers where you can't turn up the little silver funnel to dry your face. Even worse when you're hunched down underneath one trying to dry your face and a girl walks out of the cubicle behind you.

Checking the sign on the door you realise that's meant to be a girl, and you're in the wrong toilet, again.

mixing up the Mná & Men again Czar .... ;) that excuse will only fly for so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    mixing up the Mná & Men again Czar .... ;) that excuse will only fly for so long

It's not even that I mix them up or anything, I just use the first toilet entrance I see, I'm not even paying attention to the sign on the door! :o

No girl has ever actually minded tbh, but lads seeing me coming out of the girls toilets have done a double take alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Eeden wrote: »
    I totally understand that. For me, it's wet wood, e.g. ice pop sticks (most unfortunately!) and also wet wooden spoons. *shudder*

Oh Christ I can't stand that. I thought it was just me. My kid chases me around the house chewing ice pop sticks cause she knows it drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The phrase "it's not even funny anymore" when clearly was never funny in 1st place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I get that same feeling from the mere idea of biting wool.
    I know it's weird :p Did it once when I was young (trying to pull up the sleeve of my school jumper while washing my hands) - NEVER AGAIN. Horrible feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

people taking ages on ATM.
    people rooting through change in purse after being in checkot queue for 6 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I get that same feeling from the mere idea of biting wool.
    I know it's weird :p Did it once when I was young (trying to pull up the sleeve of my school jumper while washing my hands) - NEVER AGAIN. Horrible feeling.

The NOISE that goes through you when you do that,absolutely horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The words fook, fooker and the use of the word omnomnom for food.

Also, the use of hashtags on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The word 'skitting',

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Hate the way Apple force you to update. I downloaded itunes 11 before hated it plus had problems with it so I spent ages to find a way to downgrade it and finally did. Now with the new ios 7 you can't use the itunes 10 the one previously with the ios 7 so you can't add apps or songs or back up your iphone or itouch unless you have itunes 11..now I have no choice but to get itunes 11. I can't even restore and get the previous ios back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement