Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    I hate when ya order a roll or wrap and the person doesn't half it....

The result is either I tear it and make a balls of it and all the good stuff falls out or ya have to start from the bad end and it's just not as nice!

I read that post in a Cork accent and I cant stop laughing. The person doesnt haaaav it. :o Tears rolling down my face now :D
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The words fook, fooker and the use of the word omnomnom for food.

Also, the use of hashtags on Facebook.

I love the word fook and fooking. Reminds me of kfallon for some reason?
    cantdecide wrote: »
    The word 'skitting',

This word should be abolished. It makes me want to vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cantdecide wrote: »
    The word 'skitting',

There's another word I have heard "scutting". Horrid word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

cofy wrote: »
    There's another word I have heard "scutting". Horrid word.

Wasn't that used to describe people jumping on the back of buses to evade fares years ago? Horrible word, I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Wasn't that used to describe people jumping on the back of buses to evade fares years ago? Horrible word, I agree.

I never knew this. I have heard it to describe someone who is messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Scutter is a word to describe diarro diorrhe diereaah..........the sh!ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

That was called scutching where I'm from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Going back few years (Lots) It used to mean hanging off the back of a truck/bin lorry etc, more so that a bus.

cofy wrote: »
    I never knew this. I have heard it to describe someone who is messing about.

Yes, as in " a right little scut":P

Scutter is a word to describe diarro diorrhe diereaah..........the sh!ts.

AKA .....The backdoor trots

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lavelle72

When someone on TV / radio has a dry mouth and you can hear their tongue moving around as they speak

• Advertisement

lavelle72 wrote: »
    When someone on TV / radio has a dry mouth and you can hear their tongue moving around as they speak

Or when you can hear someone's dentures softly clicking as they speak :mad:

When you are driving, and the person in the backseat is giving directions, and says "turn here" (you of course cant see where they are pointing) and you say "where", they respond "here, You "where, Them "there oh **** you have missed the turn.....you "LEFT OR ****ING RIGHT!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The inescapable and often cringeworthy positivity presented in Irish made How - To programs such as cookery, DIY on any Irish Television channel. By positivity I mean the music, the presenter with a fixed hunky dory smile, as one of the beautiful people and everythings perfect, not a thing out of place, not too hot or not too cold as in baby bear's breakfast in Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Fairytale World. Otherwise known as Tir na n'óg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Irish tv in general is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Being off on a sick day and there's nobody to keep me company or bring me tea.

That and being rung from Australia hearing all the craic while I'm watching Ellen on me todd.

Or when you can hear someone's dentures softly clicking as they speak :mad:

Especially if they are whispering in your ear:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

gugleguy wrote: »
    The inescapable and often cringeworthy positivity presented in Irish made How - To programs such as cookery, DIY on any Irish Television channel. By positivity I mean the music, the presenter with a fixed hunky dory smile, as one of the beautiful people and everythings perfect, not a thing out of place, not too hot or not too cold as in baby bear's breakfast in Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Fairytale World. Otherwise known as Tir na n'óg.

You should watch "Bitchin' Kitchen" on the Food Network channel, I've been watching it a while now and I still can't cook anything anyone else would consider edible, but the presenter herself is deadly... in small doses, she'd melt your head full-time though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate fiddly food packaging. I opened a bag of prawns to make some prawn mayo sandwiches for my husbands lunch, one of those packets that you have to cut the top off with a scissors and then pull open. All was going fine up until the pull open bit when the pack fell on the floor and most of the prawns ended up everywhere. 4 cats we have and none of them likes prawns:rolleyes: He ended up having chicken salad sandwiches in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You should watch "Bitchin' Kitchen" on the Food Network channel, I've been watching it a while now and I still can't cook anything anyone else would consider edible, but the presenter herself is deadly... in small doses, she'd melt your head full-time though! :D

Holy crap she is annoying!

Holy crap she is annoying!
    Is it as bad as Rachel Allen's "bushar" (butter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Even the ads for that piss me off, i don't know how you'd sit through a full episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

When serving a customer , you hold your hand out for the money and they put it on the counter, you do that and your change is getting slammed on the counter for you to pick up.
    Customers who think its ok to talk on the phone while you serve them, unbelievably rude. It takes two seconds to say sorry I'm at the till willcchat to you in two minutes.
    Customers who complain to till staff about other shops running deals on different items. Ifyou have an issue ask for the manager, I do not make the prices

Is it as bad as Rachel Allen's "bushar" (butter)

" A bish of bushar....its lavly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

LittleFox wrote: »
    When serving a customer , you hold your hand out for the money and they put it on the counter, you do that and your change is getting slammed on the counter for you to pick up.
    Customers who think its ok to talk on the phone while you serve them, unbelievably rude. It takes two seconds to say sorry I'm at the till willcchat to you in two minutes.
    Customers who complain to till staff about other shops running deals on different items. Ifyou have an issue ask for the manager, I do not make the prices

You need to visit the ranting and raving forum, specifically cries of retail, honestly, you'll feel better, I promise:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

LittleFox wrote: »

I'm open to correction but is it not the case that certain non-Irish cultures think it rude (or maybe unhygienic) to actually hand money from hand to hand ? I say this because as a customer I've noticed certain assistants place your change on the counter too . I try to be understanding but have to admit I find it rude too .
    As a former shop worker totally agree though on all the points . Luckily mobiles weren't as common back then !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Had to visit the hospital 6 months ago with a personal condition. After I was done,
    I was told to book in an appointment in the hospital for a simple follow up a few
    months down the line, which I did. It was today. Got there and the Doctor was
    an absolute jerk fobbed me off as wasting valuable time and that I should have
    gone to my GP for something as simple. I said I was told to book the appointment
    there but he didn't care in the slightest and sent me off to book in with my GP.
    I did and it was all sorted in the end.

My point is, It annoys me how mean some Doctors can be while others are lovely.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand theirs is a stressful Job, but it really turns
    some of them into bitter bitter people.

Love her, love her kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Unnecessarily angry people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

People who sing with exaggerated Cockney accents, eg Eliza Doolittle and Lily Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    People who sing with exaggerated Cockney accents, eg Eliza Doolittle and Lily Allen.

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine were the biggest culprits with that tit Weller a close second.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement