Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine were the biggest culprits with that tit Weller a close second.

Christ stefan you're going back a few years now, they would've been around the same time as Oasis and Blur- "You should cut down on your pork life mate"... Fcuk!

There were definitely a few more culprits too, just not that many I can remember from 20 years back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

cofy wrote: »
    There's another word I have heard "scutting". Horrid word.

There were big posters on all the Luas platforms last year saying TRAM SCUTTING IS DANGEROUS or something like that. I don't understand how anyone could keep hold of a moving Luas though, there's nothing to grab on to:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The rte news purposely being put on at 2 minutes past nine so you are forced to watch 2 minutes of ads , and don't get me started on the Saturday night night at 20 past nine so the can fit that spin the wheel rubbish into prime time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

This post has been deleted.

North Tipp did you say? I'd say that fella Lowry is behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Nonsmokers beside me when im outside, that let out a little girly cough like their poor little lungs are jumping out their throat. Makes me want to use their pokey little eyes as an ashtray.

Feck off back into some smoke free building somewhere, the outside is the smokers domain.
    Nope. Smokers banned from inside does not equal non smokers banned from outside.

Glad to clear that up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Just after steam ironing a lovely white shirt for tomorrow when out comes this cruddy brown limescaly crap which liquefies onto the shirt thus destroying Said item for morning , so pissed off , I know you're supposed to maintain steam irons (how??)but 'ain't nobody got time for that'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Purple starburst sweets annoy me. They're supposed to be blackcurrant but have a gross creamy flavor to them. And blackcurrant isn't a particularly nice flavor to begin with, but these are Absolutely brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Insomnia!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Insomnia!!!!

The trouble of sleeping? The Game? The Movie? The Coffee shop? The Book? The Band? Of various Albums ? Songs? :confused:

Come on, be more specific!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The trouble of sleeping? The Game? The Movie? The Coffee shop? The Book? The Band? Of various Albums ? Songs? :confused:

Come on, be more specific!

:mad:

If it's Insomnia the Faithless song it annoys the tits off me.
    I haven't heard it for years, thanks for reminding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Fiddling around with the video quality settings on youtube & missing the first 30 seconds of every video you watch on it because its defauleted to 360p despite you having the hd option ticked in preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine were the biggest culprits with that tit Weller a close second.

Unbelievable :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People on buses (yes, what a surprise) who waste precious time in the mornings asking the driver questions about the route/fare etc. This bint got on this morning and actually got the bus number wrong. She jumped on and said, "this is the 77 yeah?" (it wasn't). Cue confused look, but she kept going, "Oh well do you follow the same route as the 77? Where do you stop? (like there's only one). How much will that be? It's cheaper on the 77!" I'm like, listen love, we'd all prefer if you were on the fuucking 77 ok but sh1t happens :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Unbelievable :pac:

That was EMF. Another atrocity

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Unbelieveable was E.M.F not CTUSM

That was EMF. Another atrocity

Oh **** yeah. My bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And now i have that song in my head.Thanks:(:o

Me too :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Christ stefan you're going back a few years now, they would've been around the same time as Oasis and Blur- "You should cut down on your pork life mate"... Fcuk!

There were definitely a few more culprits too, just not that many I can remember from 20 years back!

What about Dick Van Dyke (Yep) the singing chimney sweep in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Ironically nearly killed in fire a couple of weeks ago....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

when someone mispronounces a word that makes the word they mean sound like another word.

for example, If someone is using the word city and they pronounce it sissy, it gives their sentence a whole new meaning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

when someone mispronounces a word that makes the word they mean sound like another word.

for example, If someone is using the word city and they pronounce it sissy, it gives their sentence a whole new meaning

Like " I am gonna spend the weekend in the big sissy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Those who have just enough imagination and originality of their own to rave on about Netflix. I don't use netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

skywalker wrote: »
    Fiddling around with the video quality settings on youtube & missing the first 30 seconds of every video you watch on it because its defauleted to 360p despite you having the hd option ticked in preferences.

Happens on both my win xp and win 7 laptops on firefox and ie. Stopped using google chrome its a big resource hog

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about Dick Van Dyke (Yep) the singing chimney sweep in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Ironically nearly killed in fire a couple of weeks ago....

I just youtubed there, I won't embed it, but quite frankly it's kinda weird how a film that captivated you in childhood could be so god damn irritating in 30 years time...

supercaliffffffuck off! :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

gugleguy wrote: »
    Happens on both my win xp and win 7 laptops on firefox and ie. Stopped using google chrome its a big resource hog

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who had this issue. Installed Chrome on a Vista machine a couple of years ago and couldn't understand why it was slowing down (more so than normal) :pac:. Checked it out and Chrome was the culprit. Top of the resource hogs every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Oops69 wrote: »
    The rte news purposely being put on at 2 minutes past nine so you are forced to watch 2 minutes of ads , and don't get me started on the Saturday night night at 20 past nine so the can fit that spin the wheel rubbish into prime time

You know they have the news on computers these days?

OhHiMark wrote: »

Yeah, and they have no advertisments on the internet, right? Crazy, isn't i...

Oh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Yeah, and they have no advertisments on the internet, right? Crazy, isn't i...

Oh :(

I don't know what your point is.

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    I don't know what your point is.

RTE Player has all the advertisments too, before they show you the news. Try it for yourself -

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement