Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Czarcasm wrote: »
    RTE Player has all the advertisments too, before they show you the news. Try it for yourself -

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/

But you don't have to watch RTE news. News is available everywhere at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OhHiMark wrote: »
    But you don't have to watch RTE news. News is available everywhere at any time.

Fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Using the expression 'hate on'.

Don't be hating on her, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

People who double post nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

dickwod1 wrote: »

People who double post nothing

People who only single post nothing and think they have just double posted nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Queue of traffic and an assh*le uses the left only or right only lanes to try and skip the queue, indicates in and tries to force the nose of their car in a gap. There should be straight white lines well before a set of lights with red light cameras to enforce it through fines. I wish people didn't let them back in but the queue skippers are aggressive. Also people who don't know not to enter a yellow box and stop or do it to get beyond a traffic light:mad:

Oops69 wrote: »
    People who only single post nothing and think they have just double posted nothing.

People who think that a person didn't double post nothing when a person did! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

dickwod1 wrote: »
    People who think that a person didn't double post nothing when a person did! :pac:

People who can't suck it up :)

Oops69 wrote: »
    People who can't suck it up :)

People who always have to have the last word :pac:

Signed,
    Mr. Ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who post on celebrities facebook fan page, actually expecting the celebrity to get back to them. If the page is even legit in the first place.

Example on a Jessica Alba page:
    Hi Jess howre you, I have bin a big fan of yours for many years and i would love to get to know you better. Please sens me a friend request, we can talk more that way. I'll be in LA over the fall period and meeting you in person would be a dream come true. you r a beautiful person inside and out. Love the check shirt in your pic, by the way. Best wishes and much love, Mike

Does this idiot really think JESSICA ALBA is going to add him on facebook?! Its a fan page that probably isn't even anything to do with her. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I welcome tourists. I really do.

But when they slinge on the paths, and then STOP. And I am stuck there behind them....

Ok, we are not all on holidays you know folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

people who shove child in buggy out between parked cars, and THEN look left/right before crossing............not so trivial maybe.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    people who shove child in buggy out between parked cars, and THEN look left/right before crossing............not so trivial maybe.

As bad as people coming out of electronics shop with brand new tv, they strap and secure the new appliance so it wont get damaged, yet they leave the kids bouncing around the back seats with no seat belts, drives me insane,:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The KBC Bank advert is really annoying me!

"The Bank of You". That just makes no sense.

Or, as a friend would say, "That makes so much no sense it makes nonsense!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the stupid quotedevil.ie ad. that really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

YES!!!!

It's an awful ad. If they can't even do the lip sync correctly or get their catchphrase right then they don't deserve any custom. In fact that ad has hopefully cost them business...it's more than a trivial annoyance of mine :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

YES!!!!

It's an awful ad. If they can't even do the lip sync correctly or get their catchphrase right then they don't deserve any custom. In fact that ad has hopefully cost them business...it's more than a trivial annoyance of mine :mad:

The lip syncing is poor but what's wrong with the catchphrase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

gramar wrote: »
    The lip syncing is poor but what's wrong with the catchphrase?

aha! just spotted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Bus and airplane seats that lean back. I mean whats the fecking point, it never leans back enough to make it any more comfortable for you, all you end up doing is hogging the space of the person behind you. And half the time they moan at you for doing so. Useless!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Also on the topic of buses, whats the deal with the amount of transfers you're expected to do on intercity bus journeys in Ireland. You'd swear we were massive country or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jake1 wrote: »
    As bad as people coming out of electronics shop with brand new tv, they strap and secure the new appliance so it wont get damaged, yet they leave the kids bouncing around the back seats with no seat belts, drives me insane,:mad:

Ah but you can replace a kid for free, not much money around for a brand new flatscreen tv these days:D

*I'll just leave quietly now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Proof that you can indeed over whiten your teeth.

What's annoying me at the moment is that I've just seen the word 'aloud' used instead of the contextually correct 'allowed'.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Another of the several things that really annoy me is when people voice controversial opinions just for the sake of being controversial.

Also, when people in an argument just write "Sigh." as their reply. If you still think you have a point and that you're still right then explain that point and back it up it viable evidence. Sole use of the word "Sigh" does absolutely nothing except make you look like a condescending twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Any joke featuring 'little Johnny'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The 46a.

One every 8 minutes my bollocks, three every 24 minutes more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

The RTE cartel annoys me, Seriously why do they have to recycle the same presenters to different shows, Im watching Up for the match on rte and grainne seoige was thrown into present it, when they have decent people from the sunday game they could have given the gig to or any body else with a even a little bit of GAA knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Ok this is really trivial but it bugged the hell out of me today. When shopping for trainers/football boots the laces are always set to the tightest and you have to spend about 10 minutes loosening them out in order to try them on. It's like they expect skeletons to be wearing these items.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement