Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who drive big SUV's and MPV's and big ignorant Mercs and can't judge
    them or park them..........

Result - Parking dent Number 5 on my rear wing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Drivers who ignore the fact that you are on a zebra crossing and try running you over :mad:
    The amount of times it has happened to me, it's ridiculous :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

gammygils wrote: »

I saw a person in an SUV trying to move forward, it might have been easier for them if there was not a great big sign post right infront of the vehicle.:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

People who say 'I'm such an alco' even though they go out once a week at most and spend less than 50 quid. Stop trying to sound 'mad' especially if you're really REALLY boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cofy wrote: »
    Ok this is really trivial but it bugged the hell out of me today. When shopping for trainers/football boots the laces are always set to the tightest and you have to spend about 10 minutes loosening them out in order to try them on. It's like they expect skeletons to be wearing these items.

I always relace my runners, bar lace ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The word Hon when cheering on a sports team... what happened to c'mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Gloss Paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭angwd

Parents who park in the cycle lane so they can watch their kids play footie in the local park. Two large car parks just yards away, aargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Those ball throwing things that dog walkers bring to the park , I get nervous when I see some doddery one or someone who looks like they can't aim for s**** when I'm out on my run, especially when they're behind me , I'm just waiting to get clocked on the back of the head or the b***** by one !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The word Hon when cheering on a sports team... what happened to c'mon?

Started with john Joe nevin and long may it continue. Sounds more genuine and less sun shine supporter than come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Having to remove cobwebs from my passenger side wing mirror twice or three times a day.
    Why doesn't the little fecker just get the message and move out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Oops69 wrote: »
    Those ball throwing things that dog walkers bring to the park , I get nervous when I see some doddery one or someone who looks like they can't aim for s**** when I'm out on my run, especially when they're behind me , I'm just waiting to get clocked on the back of the head or the b***** by one !
    Thought a pooch running into ya chasing after one such badly aimed ball might be more unnerving!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Filling the kettle to the top just to make one cup of tea...

Pulling out in front of you and using the indicator after pulling out...

And just because you use your indicator, it does not give you the right to "squeeze in" wait for a suitable gap, especially on the motorway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oops69 wrote: »

Especially if they don't have a dog with them...............:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gammygils wrote: »

I drive a big ignorant merc :( Haven't hit anyone yet (fingers crossed) but thats the car I learned in so maybe I am just used to the size cause its all I've ever known. I was parked one day and someone in a smart car flew past and hit off my mirror...mine was fine but they managed to remove their own. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I drive a big ignorant merc :( Haven't hit anyone yet (fingers crossed) but thats the car I learned in so maybe I am just used to the size cause its all I've ever known. I was parked one day and someone in a smart car flew past and hit off my mirror...mine was fine but they managed to remove their own. :D

In my experience, "big ignorant Mercs" tend to be driven by fifty-something Fr. Fintan Stack types and rumble along at or slightly above the speed limit without making any sudden, unpredictable moves, much like artics. They are among the safest vehicles to be around. Yes, they're big. Deal with it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    In my experience, "big ignorant Mercs" tend to be driven by fifty-something Fr. Fintan Stack types and rumble along at or slightly above the speed limit without making any sudden, unpredictable moves, much like artics. They are among the safest vehicles to be around. Yes, they're big. Deal with it! :D

Try as I might I can't pull this off :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Try as I might I can't pull this off :P

You're the exception that proves the rule, ONW! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

jimgoose wrote: »

You could just as easily have been describing word for word my father in law there! Hell he's even got the beard! Yep, he used drive a mercedes E class estate (you'd never think a merc could be shaaaameful, but yes, he pulled it off in spades with a bright red ghostbusters shaped car) before he upgraded to a mercedes E class saloon (it's like driving a ball of cotton wool! :D).

Because he's driving a mercedes atcross (an artic lorry) during the week, the car only gets a spin on a Sunday. I don't think the speedometer even knows what 100kph even looks like, and he's driving the last 40 years, never been in an accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

people who think going out an drinking themselves into a stupor makes them a fun and interesting person. yay for advanced cirrhosis of the liver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I think I'll unsub from this thread until next week when people have stopped giving out about a guinness marketing campaign. There's enough threads in AH about it already, and this thread will just become infested over the next few days! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

People who give out about what other people give out about saying, "if you don't like it then don't do it/watch it/buy it."

If YOU don't like it then don't listen. :pac:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I think I'll unsub from this thread until next week when people have stopped giving out about a guinness marketing campaign. There's enough threads in AH about it already, and this thread will just become infested over the next few days! :(

Aye. You wouldn't think it'd get folk so lathered-up in Ireland, would you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

also those types on facebook who keep announcing they are going to leave because of x, y, or z. just fck off, nobody cares you gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Christ stefan you're going back a few years now, they would've been around the same time as Oasis and Blur- "You should cut down on your pork life mate"... Fcuk!

There were definitely a few more culprits too, just not that many I can remember from 20 years back!

THANK YOU!!

It's been bugging me for 15 years + what the f*ck the word is after pork.

PHEW!

*I do realise that I should have just googled the lyrics or had enough cop on to figure out myself*

People who would not be caught dead in your local boozer, except when...........................Karioke comes to town!! Then there are Celine Dions all over the kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Jeans with buttons instead of a fly (why did this become so popular).

People slurping drinks or chewing gun behind me.

Crisp bags opened upside down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

People I work with who can't be bothered to do their job properly so I end up having to chase them to get things done and more often than not have to do it myself.

When you send someone an email with two or more questions in it and they reply to only one. I feel like a knob having to ask the second question again.

People in general.

People I work with who can't be bothered to do their job properly so I end up having to chase them to get things done and more often than not have to do it myself.

When you send someone an email with two or more questions in it and they reply to only one. I feel like a knob having to ask the second question again.

People in general.

Minions, ay......................aint life a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Minions, ay......................aint life a bitch.

...what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement