Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

People who answer a question they can answer, rather than the one you actually fecking asked. :mad:

This is such a silly little thing, it's hard to explain, and will probably make me look like a jerk, but it sends me bananas.

I used to work with an immediate supervisor who did this all the fecking time and it drove me up the wall. I needed to get his input on stuff every week so I could get my work done and go home, but if he didn't understand the question or couldn't make his mind up, it would be like he had a short circuit and he'd just answer some tangentally related thing I hadn't asked instead.

"I'll only have time to do either X or Y this evening, which is it?"

"I think it was Mary who did Z earlier."

THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED AND THAT DOES NOT HELP ME!

On boards, for instance, if you ask where you can buy X and why you need X in particular, and you get 15 responses asking you why you're not getting Y instead because people know about Y. So you have to go through a whole rigmarole of explaining again why you need X in particular and three pages of chatter later you still have no answer.

I'm actually pretty chill generally, and even typing all that out, I realise what a petty bitch it makes me sound like, but it drives me absolutely crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People who answer a question they can answer, rather than the one you actually fecking asked. :mad:

You wouldn't be a politician's secretary would you Jill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Some gobshyte's car alarm keeps going off under my office window. Horrible high pitched whine, and on top of that, my headphones picked today to pack it in. Hopefully not attending to their stupid alarm will run down their battery. Bastards. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

C14N wrote: »
    Jeans with buttons instead of a fly (why did this become so popular).

Don't knock it, zips on my Levi's 501s were forever bursting, at least with button flys on the 512s you can close them back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    It must make you people really mad to go to Dunnes or tesco where the moving of all your stuff back into the trolly to then proceed packing it elsewhere isnt practised. No one else seems to mind waiting in a queue there,why is it any different in lidl?

If I've ever been behind you in a Queue in either of these places, you are SO Wrong.

Just because somebody doesn't dropkick you doesn not necessarily mean they don't mind your incompetence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Hypochondriacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hypochondriacs.
    At least you won't offend any hypochonriacs posting here , you might find them posting in the 'massively annoying apocalyptic things ' forum though !;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When people are telling you something that happened to them and won't get to the point. Just keep going on and on about irrelevant crap. Granpda Simpson-esque.
    JUST TELL ME WHAT THE FÚCK HAPPENED.

Gaa managers don't seem to be able to give an interview without using the phrase "well look it " numerous times , almost as bad as the famous English soccer mangers phrase "end of the day".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Why, why, WHY do Asian people ALWAYS make the 'peace' sign when they are being photographed??

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Aggressive queue jumpers piss me off. I was in Tesco this morning and the lady behind me put her shopping on the conveyor belt while she got something off a shelf behind her. In the short space of time that she was gone, 4 eastern europeans, in their late 50's jumped in ahead of her and slapped their groceries on the conveyor belt in front of her aggressively, while the women glared at her making it clear they were going ahead of her.

Then a right old barney match started with the men clearly berating the women they were with for doing it and it seemed the women were telling them to fcuk off. All the while myself and the lady they'd just jumped ahead of just looked at each other. Fcuking assholes:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I hate hate hate people who play there music so loud that they think the whole street might want to hear but all we hear is the dull boom boom boom of the same tune they keep listening to over and over again.

I also hate the people that can't store away a trolly correctly in the shopping centre. Its quite simple one trolley is pushed inside the other then you push the chain in to get your money back. NO you don't push them together handle to handle stopping any normal person from returning there trolley. You are just lazy.

The Trolley thing really gets my goat and if I ever spot anyone doing it you will feel the sharp side of my tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Aggressive queue jumpers piss me off. I was in Tesco this morning and the lady behind me put her shopping on the conveyor belt while she got something off a shelf behind her. In the short space of time that she was gone, 4 eastern europeans, in their late 50's jumped in ahead of her and slapped their groceries on the conveyor belt in front of her aggressively, while the women glared at her making it clear they were going ahead of her.

Then a right old barney match started with the men clearly berating the women they were with for doing it and it seemed the women were telling them to fcuk off. All the while myself and the lady they'd just jumped ahead of just looked at each other. Fcuking assholes:mad:

In all fairness, it seems that those people had finished getting what they needed BEFORE going to the checkout.

I'm no expert on shopping, but wouldn't this be the correct way to conduct oneself?
    I mean, if we all just went in grabbed a few items, reserved our spot at the tills and decided we wanted a few more things.... it'd be chaos.

Who here hasn't relived the childhood trauma of being left moneyless at the impending end of conveyor belt while mother goes off to do the other half of her shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Who here hasn't relived the childhood trauma of being left moneyless at the impending end of conveyor belt while mother goes off to do the other half of her shopping?

:(

My God, that dredged up some repressed emotional scarring.

I'm sorry good people of Quinnsworth, it's not my fault!!! She'll be right back!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Every now and again I decide I need to learn about something, or take up a new hobby. I found my tin whistle today and gave myself a headache listening to myself murdering the lonesome boatman.

Then I decided to learn Irish Sign Language again, so of course I have to stay up all night to learn it. I'll forget half of it by the morning and yet I can't go to sleep.

I wish I could be a responsible adult :( I'm so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

In all fairness, it seems that those people had finished getting what they needed BEFORE going to the checkout.

I'm no expert on shopping, but wouldn't this be the correct way to conduct oneself?
    I mean, if we all just went in grabbed a few items, reserved our spot at the tills and decided we wanted a few more things.... it'd be chaos.

Oh no have to disagree here. I think we have all done it put our shopping on the belt to look at our list and seen we forgot something. Easy done. If I caught anyone trying to jump infront of me like that The shop and them would live to regret it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 starhillroad

Moderators
    Plastic bags
    Slow drivers
    Women drivers
    Politicians
    Sin taxes
    TV licence inspectors
    TV Licence
    Political correctness
    The Middle East
    Middle East politics

The list goes on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Oh no have to disagree here. I think we have all done it put our shopping on the belt to look at our list and seen we forgot something. Easy done. If I caught anyone trying to jump infront of me like that The shop and them would live to regret it

Merciful of you to allow them to live to regret it. I'd probably opt for a brutal machete murder of the line-jumper myself.

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Merciful of you to allow them to live to regret it. I'd probably opt for a brutal machete murder of the line-jumper myself.

Isn't that what happened in the shopping centre in Nairobi? Someone loaded everything onto the belt then nipped off to get something they forgot and the queue behind them turned nasty?

Tasteless I know.

• Advertisement

:(

My God, that dredged up some repressed emotional scarring.

I'm sorry good people of Quinnsworth, it's not my fault!!! She'll be right back!!!

That mention of Quinnsworth gave me flashbacks of another annoying 'thing ' , remember Maurice Pratt !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oops69 wrote: »
    That mention of Quinnsworth gave me flashbacks of another annoying 'thing ' , remember Maurice Pratt !

And all that yellow pack ****............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Having to get up at night to use the loo if I drink Alcohol it is nearly enough to put me off me few glasses of wine. Generally I am very tolerant of minor irritation's in life, having said that I cant stand moaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Google Instant :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    If I've ever been behind you in a Queue in either of these places, you are SO Wrong.

Just because somebody doesn't dropkick you doesn not necessarily mean they don't mind your incompetence.

lol, dont forget to put supersonic bag packer on your cv :P

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Google Instant :mad:

Are Google making coffee now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Well I think (although I'm clearly no expert, not being able to pack quickly enough and leaving people standing half the night while their hungry babies cry at home) that once you get back before your items reach the til, it's ok. I mean...the person behind would have had to wait that long anyway, even if you'd stayed. Obviously if you hold up the queue because you're still running around that's a different story. Never really happens to me. The odd time it would and I'd feel terrible - lots of yummy fresh fruit and veg, meat wine etc on the belt...and I have to run back for a box of cat food :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Green/khaki combats... forgetting to step back from the sink whilst washing hands....splashback.

No I didn't piss all over myself, thanks for asking :pac:

Well I was in front of her and there was someone ahead of me so the minute or 2 that she was away was negligible, wouldn't have made a difference to the queue and certainly didn't justify skipping the queue for. Fact is some people are cnuts and would plough you down to save a few minutes of queuing time.

• Advertisement

Green/khaki combats... forgetting to step back from the sink whilst washing hands....splashback.

No I didn't piss all over myself, thanks for asking :pac:

Every single time I wash the dishes my top gets soaked at tummy level, every single time:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement