Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When out for dinner, and the waiter says "you MUST try our special dessert blah blah, its really very nice"...........its supposed to ****ing nice, its a slice of cake that costs seven euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I'm talking about walking out of the jacks in work looking like I dribbled p*ss down the front of my cacks :pac:

Would ya not buy yerself a dishwasher? Best thing I ever bought.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

gramar wrote: »
    Are Google making coffee now?
    Ha, it wouldn't surprise me! :P

Google Instant is a search "enhancement" that shows results as you type (not the drop down list!) The search results appear as you are typing and keep changing the more you type. It can be turned off but it is the default option and when I clear my history/cookies it turns back on again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I hate those little static shocks you get off things.

People who open the fridge door & then walk away to get something else. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

delw wrote: »
    I hate those little static shocks you get off things.

People who open the fridge door & then walk away to get something else. :mad:

I find babies are little feckers for giving static shocks. All that time scooting around on their nappies I bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

People begging beside ATM machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

All the email notifications I get from the "Trivial things that annoy you" thread on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Ha, it wouldn't surprise me! :P

Google Instant is a search "enhancement" that shows results as you type (not the drop down list!) The search results appear as you are typing and keep changing the more you type. It can be turned off but it is the default option and when I clear my history/cookies it turns back on again. :(

Why would you turn it off? You don't have to keep an eye on what search results are turning up. Just keep typing.

Garzard wrote: »

Worst thing is when you ignore the c*nts, they mouth off at you, and then ende up getting angry when you insult them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why would you turn it off? You don't have to keep an eye on what search results are turning up. Just keep typing.
    It's distracting! When I'm typing there can be a slight pause before the letters appear on screen because Google is busy loading results of something completely unrelated to what I'm actually searching for. And it's pretty hard to ignore it because what Google thinks I'm searching for appears in the search bar in a light grey colour! :mad:

So my anger levels reduce greatly when I disable it. :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Socks!
    - Odd socks, where do the other f***ers go?
    - Crap socks which slip down so they bunch around your toes when you're walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Thargor wrote: »
    All the email notifications I get from the "Trivial things that annoy you" thread on Boards.ie.

My good deed for the day-

You can set e-mail notification options in your Boards User CP (I just have it enabled for PMs), or, in your e-mail program/app, you can set up message rules and filters for key words or senders to be diverted to pre-defined and/or custom folders, or do even more based on advanced filtering criteria.

Trivial annoyance for the day-

Passive-aggressive people.

I'm not a fcuking mind reader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Garzard wrote: »

If you're able to get cashback on ur card (i can only get cashback at some establishments now with my boi credit card) buy *somethin* there. Also cheaper than withdrawing from atm although i may stand corrected - main reason y i do cashback anyway apart from avoiding prying junkies etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That whistle that loads of people have on their phones as text message alerts. I don't see why people use that specific one, unless they can't change it on the phone or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You sure its not the android whistle notification? Its the default notification.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

You know that thing where you are pouring milk onto your Corn Flakes and one rogue flake decides its gonna make like a freaking ski slope and shoot the milk up and outta the bowl onto the table. ****ing stupid **** bastard bollox ****er of a flake:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You know that thing where you are pouring milk onto your Corn Flakes and one rogue flake decides its gonna make like a freaking ski slope and shoot the milk up and outta the bowl onto the table. ****ing stupid **** bastard bollox ****er of a flake:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

By Cheeses I hate that. :mad:

jimgoose wrote: »
    By Cheeses I hate that. :mad:

Not as much as me.
    You only had one of these :mad:
    I had at least this many:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad
    And i did some swearing such as **** and ****

• Advertisement

Lidl or Aldi?? I wanna make sure I don't get some from this rogue batch......

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Lidl or Aldi?? I wanna make sure I don't get some from this rogue batch......

Sirrah!!!!! There is only one Corn Flake worthy of the name!!!

Oh yeah...

Kellogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Kellogg's have always been a bit....out there....

http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/10/graham.htm

I'm not going to quote from that article, but some of it is enough to put you off your breakfast! Mad shìt :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm not going to quote from that article, but some of it is enough to put you off your breakfast! Mad shìt :D

Excellent:rolleyes:, I think there may be some doubt as to "cure" for masturbation...

Ever see the movie "The Road to Wellville", Anthony Hopkins played Mr. Kellog?
    What a strange, strange man :pac:

Just out of the Garda station there, I'd to get an ML10 form. I lost my wallet a couple of weeks back and the ML10 form is a valid form of ID if you don't have a passport or drivers licence.

So normally they'd just sign and stamp, but no, not this time, the Garda asked me did I have any passport or drivers licence... (Seriously, would I be looking for a form of ID if I already had a form of ID!).

I'd to go back home and print out a couple of utility bills, went back down to the Garda station for the second time.

While I was waiting, I overheard a woman of about 70 odd say to the Garda behind the counter "I've lost my car. I know I parked it on such and such a street, but I came back and it wasn't there". Losing a wallet is somewhat understandable, but how the hell do you lose something as big as a car!

I got my forms signed and stamped anyway (the Garda didn't even need ask look at the utility bills this time), "here you go" she said. "Could you snip off one of those photos for me?" I asked...

"No scissors". No fcuking scissors. They're pulling in lads with knives and blades all day and there's not even a bloody scissors in the building!

I just don't know what to make of people any more tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

i hate to see "doughnuts" or zig-zag tyre tracks on the road.

you just know, that some a$$hole boy racer, has been tearing down this road, in his souped up tin box, pulling doughnuts, thinking its the greatest thing in the world, without a care for other road users or themselves...

(i see them every day on the drive into work.... :mad::mad::mad:)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement