Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

People who play with their phones in the cinema.

Yeah I didn't pay 9 euro to have you shine a light in my face, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

People eating crisps loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

The cost plus sofas and beds etc ads. Jesus Christ, the animations are so ****. Yet they feel the need to make new ones every damn week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Was waiting on a lift yesterday at a shopping centre.
    First lift was fairly full and we had a buggy so we said to go ahead we'd wait for the next one.
    Waiting on the lift and there are now a fair few people queing behind us(shopping trolley's, buggies etc).
    Lift just about to "ding" at our floor and this woman with a child(no buggy, trolley)walks straight past everyone to the top of the queue and gets in as soon as the doors open:mad::mad::mad:

I was just about to say "ah heyorr" but the OH wouldn't let me:D

I hate cheeky people

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

the inability of some RTE anchors to say Gardai.

The inability of people to realise that the pronunciation normally used by RTÉ anchors is in fact correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dog shìt on footpaths.

Owners who don't clean up should be fed them with a glass of cold piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That top bit of foil on butter does my head in!

It always ends up folding on itself becoming a real bitch to peel back to get at the remaining bit of butter in the corner.

It's worthless to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I was sat in one of my local ale houses last week and these 2 sloaney types were having a conversation. Well, when I say "conversation", it was more akin to a monologue. The girl doing all the talking did an awful lot of "I was like... and she was like... and I was like, y'know... and OMIGAWD, I was like..."

I was distracted by her almost hypnotic chant and decided if I couldn't read the free paper, I could always count how many times she said "like". I gave up at 150 and went to finish my pint up at the bar.

The inability of people to realise that the pronunciation normally used by RTÉ anchors is in fact correct.

It's not orr-T-E neither is it ehhrr-T-E.

It's Ar-T-E :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

old hippy wrote: »
    It's not orr-T-E neither is it ehhrr-T-E.

It's Ar-T-E :D

Well, actually, since there's a fada on the E, the last part is pronounced "ay". ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

is it not Shy-te TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Excessive packaging on foods.
    I bought a double pack of Club bars last week. There was 3 layers of packaging before I actually got to the chocolate bar. (Outer wrapper, 2 inner clear wrappers...1 for each 'single' pack, then the individual wrappers)

I also bought an SSD drive a few weeks ago. It's just a 3.5 inch drive, but it came in a huge 10x14x8 inch box.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Smelly f****** who can't b e botherd to wash ,notin worse than ppl who rank because they don't bother to wash ,and bath breath too

one person comes to mind when both of the above smell (havent the b***s to say it to HIM )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

old hippy wrote: »
    I was sat in one of my local ale houses last week and these 2 sloaney types were having a conversation. Well, when I say "conversation", it was more akin to a monologue. The girl doing all the talking did an awful lot of "I was like... and she was like... and I was like, y'know... and OMIGAWD, I was like..."

Yeah, that kind of mindless, brain-dead chatter does my head in. It takes a lot of restraint for me to not go over and bash their skulls in repeatedly with a bar stool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I drive a bike. I live in Ireland. It drives me bat **** crazy when I arrive into work, after battling through really **** weather, and somebody says to me "Did you get wet?" It makes me want to throw them through the window.

Someone eating with their mouth wide open and speaking with food in their mouth.

People that don't close doors after themselves. No matter how many times you get up as they're leaving a room and close the door after them or actually ask them to close the door, they still don't bother.

People who say "first world problem" before complaining that they lost their hairbrush or they can't find €20 to get Dominos, just so they sound self-deprecating. You don't, you just sound like a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I also bought an SSD drive a few weeks ago. It's just a 3.5 inch drive, but it came in a huge 10x14x8 inch box.
    As far as I know ssds are only 2.5 inches, which is worse again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Soooooooooo... another thing that annoys me is when someone types a reply to another person online, in order to show their disdain for the other person's opinion by adding multiple vowels in order to replicate a drawn-out pronunciation of a word.
    Yeaaaaaaaah... it comes across as quite obnoxious, only in part due to the fact that one has to make a conscious effort to type it that way, as opposed to it perhaps coming naturally in speech. It also only really works in an American accent, so it's very odd when an Irish person types that way.

Also, when it's used to begin a post that's not quoting another, there's often an element of "I'm acting as though I'm hesitating to state this opinion because it's so shocking, because I'm such a rebel."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Smelly f****** who can't b e botherd to wash ,notin worse than ppl who rank because they don't bother to wash ,and bath breath too

People who drink bath water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

People who refer to someone's house as the location it's in, rather than who lives there.

My boyfriend does this all the time and it drives me MAD! He'l say, i'm going over to 'Lakeside' which means he's going over to his parents house. They live in the Lakeside estate. We live on a 'windmill crescent' so he calls the house 'windmill'. Oh my god... It irritates the SH!TE out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Omackeral wrote: »
    So it would be fair to say there are multiple Tescos?! :D
    Not in one single town!!

''Are ya goin' to Tescos tomorrow?''

''Ya. Galway & Ballinasloe!!!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

People

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

morning alarm

Yeah, that kind of mindless, brain-dead chatter does my head in. It takes a lot of restraint for me to not go over and bash their skulls in repeatedly with a bar stool.

Er, it doesn't annoy me that much :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wurly wrote: »
    People who refer to someone's house as the location it's in, rather than who lives there.

My boyfriend does this all the time and it drives me MAD! He'l say, i'm going over to 'Lakeside' which means he's going over to his parents house. They live in the Lakeside estate. We live on a 'windmill crescent' so he calls the house 'windmill'. Oh my god... It irritates the SH!TE out of me!

Dump him, and come to over to me in Roselawn.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Salnacs The 3rd

I get annoyed when someone doesn't have a mirror in their house, really irritates me. Strange thing is both my Dad and Grandad hate mirrors, they think I'm backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

the way it's virtually impossible to get the first tissue out of those small square tissue boxes without ripping it to shreds, along with your sanity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Has to be unjustifiably smug people who have no reason to look down on anyone.
    Really want to bitch slap the smug from them.

Oh and Grammar Nazis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Vodafone sending you a text telling you you've got a missed call. It's a thing of sheer stupidity.
    Why would you need a text telling you you've missed a call when the phone has a notification telling you anyway?

You're ****ing thick vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

When people complain about people complaining.

I had a friend once that gave out about people giving out about him always giving out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Learner drivers that put the L plates on backwards. These people want to be allowed drive on the roads yet can't put a sign up properly. Everybody in the car knows you're not capable of driving, its the other drivers you're supposed to warn ffs. I call them backwards learner drivers.

I saw an instructor with them on backwards a few weeks ago and i nearly lost the plot.

its impossible to put one on backwards if the sticky side is the L side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement