Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining my favourite thread btw!

Exactly. I'm hacked off with the amount of times this thread gets pulled off into discussing rules of the road, etc. People who don't obey the rules of the road or acknowledge basic road safety and common sense, aren't going to give a fiddlers about other road users, let alone other people's opinions online.

Trivial thing that annoys me -

... I've forgotten now what I came in to post! :o

That's annoying! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That the George Foreman grill (the smallest one) doesn't come with an on/off button. I don't know if the more expensive ones have them but the smallest one doesn't so you have to plug it in or out to turn it on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

SV wrote: »
    Find where I said joyriding is ok and I'll respond to that..lol.

and no, boy racers and stealing cars and drinkin driving have NEVER been one and the same and if you think that then more fool you.

Right, analogy being drawn with rape and torture now..jesus we really are jumping ship

You're very welcome for ruining the thread, you very much contributed to it.

btw I have about 12000 hours driving experience. Not that it has any relevance.

Damn does this guy have a mute button? :P

ps analogy is the process of transferring an inference or argument from one particular to another. It's a well known and widely accepted linguistic tool used in reasoning and communication. You seem to be labouring under the (convenient) misapprehension that it puts the two particulars in question on the same severity level - it does not.

pps....who counts their driving experience in hours??

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Exactly. I'm hacked off with the amount of times this thread gets pulled off into discussing rules of the road, etc. People who don't obey the rules of the road or acknowledge basic road safety and common sense, aren't going to give a fiddlers about other road users, let alone other people's opinions online.

Trivial thing that annoys me -

... I've forgotten now what I came in to post! :o

That's annoying! :(

I have some doughnuts if you want to put the kettle on :)

I have some doughnuts if you want to put the kettle on :)

I've been sidetracked from what I was going to say by the mention of doughnuts.

I'll have one if there's enough spare. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This post has been deleted.

Either:

a) You have an irrational hate for apple/iphones and direct your anger at them despite the ringtone being a Samsung and android thing

or

b) you are a culchie who refers to all kinds of smartphones as iphones (similar to how they call all brands of crisps 'taytos')

both of which are trivial things that annoy me :p

pps....who counts their driving experience in hours??

Someone asked it and I worked it out roughly based on years driving. Congrats on continuing to ruin the thread.

The way some kettles keep boiling for ten-15 seconds more than they need to before they automatically click off. Seriously, it fills the room with steam and there's just no need for it.

Also the way oven chips have to be turned in the middle of cooking, has it not go to the stage they can be just left in for the 15-25 minutes yet without going near them?

Candie wrote: »
    I've been sidetracked from what I was going to say by the mention of doughnuts.

I'll have one if there's enough spare. :)

There's a place in Tramore that sells real doughnuts. They're amazing. You know the proper ones - they have just the right amount of grease and leave that wonderful aftertaste. You can get them plain, sugar etc but they also sell them with cream on top and little pieces of fruit. Heaven :P

Someone asked it and I worked it out roughly based on years driving. Congrats on continuing to ruin the thread.

The way some kettles keep boiling for ten-15 seconds more than they need to before they automatically click off. Seriously, it fills the room with steam and there's just no need for it.

Also the way oven chips have to be turned in the middle of cooking, has it not go to the stage they can be just left in for the 15-25 minutes yet without going near them?

Peace man.

I our house we use that as a cheapo facial :D

You could try one of those trays that has little holes in it so the heat circulates? Though one of the fun things about turning them halfway is being able to take one off and throw it on the ground and watch the cat "hunt" the live prey. (they figure it must be live because when they hit it, they feel the heat - hilarious)

There's a place in Tramore that sells real doughnuts. They're amazing. You know the proper ones - they have just the right amount of grease and leave that wonderful aftertaste. You can get them plain, sugar etc but they also sell them with cream on top and little pieces of fruit. Heaven :P

Sounds good, but I've still got a soft spot for the processed and bland taste of the Krispey Kreme with the caramel topping. Must be the additives that give them that je ne sais quoi :).

My siblings and I used to compete to see who'd last the longest without touching or licking their lips, when we'd have those sugar coated doughnuts. I always lost.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Sounds good, but I've still got a soft spot for the processed and bland taste of the Krispey Kreme with the caramel topping. Must be the additives that give them that je ne sais quoi :).

My siblings and I used to compete to see who'd last the longest without touching or licking their lips, when we'd have those sugar coated doughnuts. I always lost.

lol, we were never that self-controlled. The ones with custard in them are pretty good too. There's a place on O'Connell Street in Dublin that sells real ring doughnuts. They're pretty good, only you can buy them by the bag and well...who can stop at one?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lol, we were never that self-controlled. The ones with custard in them are pretty good too. There's a place on O'Connell Street in Dublin that sells real ring doughnuts. They're pretty good, only you can buy them by the bag and well...who can stop at one?:)

I usually buy one or I'd have a PROBLEM
    they're so nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Smelly little cars that trick you into thinking you've found a parking space!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That the George Foreman grill (the smallest one) doesn't come with an on/off button. I don't know if the more expensive ones have them but the smallest one doesn't so you have to plug it in or out to turn it on and off.

Can you put doughnuts on it?:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Ah here....(gets coat) :P

I've put bagels on it before.

I've put bagels on it before.

You can make awesome pannini on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

QuantumP wrote: »
    Smelly little cars that trick you into thinking you've found a parking space!

Beep Beep :pac:

Smelly people! You know the sort, wears blue shirt/blouse today, green blouse/shirt next day, and day after that, the blue one is back on, BUT HAS NOT BEEN WASHED.. Or that jacket the wear, which has NEVER been near a dry cleaners..............Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Smelly people! You know the sort, wears blue shirt/blouse today, green blouse/shirt next day, and day after that, the blue one is back on, BUT HAS NOT BEEN WASHED.. Or that jacket the wear, which has NEVER been near a dry cleaners..............Grrrr.

+1.
    Except my colleague doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that he doesn't wash his clothes, same shirt every day for a whole week and sometimes 2 or even 3 weeks. You can tell by the smell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

People who insist on having their phones on loud speaker when talking to someone. Guy on the bus this morning organising to collect his car. Head every detail. Cost him 731 euro which he was not happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

People who insist on having their phones on loud speaker when talking to someone. Guy on the bus this morning organising to collect his car. Head every detail. Cost him 731 euro which he was not happy about.

Guy in my office does this with his f*ckin land line. Incredibly annoying, especially when someone is transferring a call and I can hear the person on one side of the office and their voice through the phone on the other side.

Guy in my office does this with his f*ckin land line. Incredibly annoying, especially when someone is transferring a call and I can hear the person on one side of the office and their voice through the phone on the other side.

Back when I was office bound, and when this sort of thing occurred, I would suggest he smear a light film of Vaseline on the handset.................and shove it up his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Or throw it in the bin like I did with mine, one less annoying thing to be annoyed by!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Back when I was office bound, and when this sort of thing occurred, I would suggest he smear a light film of Vaseline on the handset.................and shove it up his ass.

I'd love to, but unfortunately he's more important than me :pac:

Oops69 wrote: »
    Or throw it in the bin like I did with mine, one less annoying thing to be annoyed by!

Why would you throw it away :eek:
    I think it's the handiest cooking thing I've ever bought!

Someone just said "deZember" wtf?? Deeezeeember? DeCember!!!

Also, people who sniff and sniffle before engaging in a verbal interaction with you.

People who tell you stuff you dont fuucking need to know!

Someone just said "deZember" wtf?? Deeezeeember? DeCember!!!

Also, people who sniff and sniffle before engaging in a verbal interaction with you.

People who tell you stuff you dont fuucking need to know!

I am a Capricorn:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Ditto for rice cookers. Pretty sure I've wasted loads of power by forgetting to plug it out after dinner.

People who slurp hot drinks or chew gum with open mouths. I've sat in two lectures recently near these people and it was like they were completely unaware that there is a quiet way to consume both of these things.

When people keep sniffing and never blow their noses it's pretty irritating too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

People who use o instead of zero.

There is no number o.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement