Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DeanAustin wrote: »
    People who use o instead of zero.

There is no number o.

Yes! " oh, oh, 7, oh"

stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

DeanAustin wrote: »
    People who use o instead of zero.

There is no number o.
    People who learnt the americanised' zero' rather than the correct 'naught ' from Sesame Street !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Seeing someones phlegm on the street. It's bloody disgusting to spit on the ground, people should have a bit of self respect and use a tissue. I find it sickening when I see someone spitting in public:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

This post has been deleted.

Seriously? Every city should be doing that! Even an exclusion circle of a few feet / meters around ATM's here would be good to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Dogs barking non stop outside. Bring the f*cker in. Just because he's an annoying sh*t don't make everyone else suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

SV wrote: »
    I just don't see how anyone could get annoyed over something they don't actually see being done.

I just raped your missus and burned down your house but sure you were away at the time and didn't see it being done. No need to get annoyed so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

gramar wrote: »
    I just raped your missus and burned down your house but sure you were away at the time and didn't see it being done. No need to get annoyed so.

Ah jaysus here we go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭riaganach

Apologies if this has already been posted....

I go to the local Tesco to get the 'Meal Deal'.

To those who haven't had the pleasure of this, it's a sambo + drink + snack for 3 euro.

However it's fecking impossible to choose the combination and get the deal.

Of the last 20 odd times I've attempted to do this, I managed it twice.

I thought I was the only sufferer, til I saw a lady in the shop with a shop assistant today. She was nearly in tears and the shop assistant was befuddled and apologetic....

This definitely qualified as the trivial thing that annoyed me (today).

'Tis tough at the top!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

My trivial annoyance:
    The pedestrian lights on the corner of Dame Street and Sth George's Street in Dublin that take an eternity to change. Seriously, if I arrive just after they've gone red, I can often listen to an entire song on my mp3 player waiting for them to change again. ALWAYS happens when I'm running late. And then when you finally get the green, it only lasts about 20 seconds, during which at least 2 cars or buses plough on through regardless so you have to run across on orange. And don't get me started on all the cyclists that speed through them diagonally so you've no idea where one might come from. ARGH. Those lights are one of my least favourite things about Dublin :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

My trivial annoyance:
    The pedestrian lights on the corner of Dame Street and Sth George's Street in Dublin that take an eternity to change. Seriously, if I arrive just after they've gone red, I can often listen to an entire song on my mp3 player waiting for them to change again. ALWAYS happens when I'm running late. And then when you finally get the green, it only lasts about 20 seconds, during which at least 2 cars or buses plough on through regardless so you have to run across on orange. And don't get me started on all the cyclists that speed through them diagonally so you've no idea where one might come from. ARGH. Those lights are one of my least favourite things about Dublin :mad: :mad:

My bus turns on the corner here from Dame st. It usually spends the majority of the filter light edging its way across as there isn't enough room for it to swing around. Probably explains the reason they are crossing.
    On a lighter note a woman told her child to share her sweets, when the mother answered her phone the child gave everyone a pastille and said "That's for you , and that's for you". Literally made my day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

Being teased about crushing on Colin Firth. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

People who boil a full kettle just to make one cup of tea. I mean, how thick is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

Seeing someones phlegm on the street. It's bloody disgusting to spit on the ground, people should have a bit of self respect and use a tissue. I find it sickening when I see someone spitting in public:mad:

Spreads TB too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ninap wrote: »
    People who boil a full kettle just to make one cup of tea. I mean, how thick is that?

My housemate fills a kettle, boils it and just leaves it there.
    He never ever uses it, just likes to fill the kettle and boil it for no reason. Has me on the brink of murder with the amount of stupid shít like that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

SV wrote: »
    My housemate fills a kettle, boils it and just leaves it there.
    He never ever uses it, just likes to fill the kettle and boil it for no reason. Has me on the brink of murder with the amount of stupid shít like that he does.

Go ahead, murder him. I'll provide you with alibi if you like. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Not being able to sleep at night and being wrecked all day! Then off to bed at last and wide awake! Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

efb wrote: »
    Not being able to sleep at night and being wrecked all day! Then off to bed at last and wide awake! Grrrr

I feel your pain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Yeah thats horrible, but something else spitting related really annoys me. When fellas go up to the urinal in the jax, and before they even start peeing they spit into it. Its a horrible habit anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The frickin' thanks button on touch. Sometimes when I need to go back through the thread (I wish there was a little arrow too like on the desktop site that you could go directly to the post!), I notice the little "+" symbol and realise it hasn't registered the "thank" (some reason even saying that out loud makes me cringe! :o).

Very annoying, but I don't think there's anything the site devs can do about it, it's more to do with the refresh speed and responsiveness of my browser :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ah jaysus here we go again

Did anyone bring the doughnuts today? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Did anyone bring the doughnuts today? :D

They'd better be boston creams! I was introduced to them a year ago. Up until then I wasn't sure what I was doing with my life, but from then on it's been all about the chocolate covered goodness with the choclatey centre! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

efb wrote: »

Happens to me often. I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you're on a bus with the extra doors in the middle and people still insist on leaving via the main door, delaying people getting on and thereby delaying everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

LittleFox wrote: »
    Spreads TB too

What about the people (usually men) who close one nostril (while walking/running) with index finger and propel snot from the other nostril on to ground........................is it too early for that one:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Nuts I know but I loath the foil/waxed paper thingys under the lif of dairy spread tubs.. why are they there? Does anyone leave them on? JUST WHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about the people (usually men) who close one nostril (while walking/running) with index finger and propel snot from the other nostril on to ground........................is it too early for that one:P

Ah the old PE teacher's hanky :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

AEDIC wrote: »
    Yeah thats horrible, but something else spitting related really annoys me. When fellas go up to the urinal in the jax, and before they even start peeing they spit into it. Its a horrible habit anywhere

And they are usually still on the phone!! I mean FFS, at what point do people have to told that its not exactly polite to continue pissing while on the phone.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement