Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about the people (usually men) who close one nostril (while walking/running) with index finger and propel snot from the other nostril on to ground........................is it too early for that one:P

The snot-rocket is an essential method for nose clearing while out n about and without a tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I hate sneaky ads, the ones on you tube etc but a new low - the ryanair security check online where you have to type in the letters you see? Now you have to click on the box to see the letters and when you click on the box...yes you guessed, its a fuucking advertising video :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not a pet peeve of mine but my mate despises these business type women you see walking along in town wearing full office attire but with Asics runners. Usually seen clutching a Starbucks take coffee cup too. He says the runners just rub him up the wrong way and he doesn't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not a pet peeve of mine but my mate despises these business type women you see walking along in town wearing full office attire but with Asics runners. Usually seen clutching a Starbucks take coffee cup too. He says the runners just rub him up the wrong way and he doesn't know why.

Makes sense though, why walk to and from the office in heels when you can wear something more comfortable, loads of women I work with do it as the nearest bus stop is a good distance away from the building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

AEDIC wrote: »
    Yeah thats horrible, but something else spitting related really annoys me. When fellas go up to the urinal in the jax, and before they even start peeing they spit into it. Its a horrible habit anywhere

Gotta spit somewhere when you have a frog in your throat, might as well send it to the place that was already full of piss.
    Omackeral wrote: »

Yeah I'm the same. I understand why since they probably have to do a bit of walking and women's shoes aren't good for that but it's honestly the worst looking combination I can imagine women wearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wear the runners as well. No wet feet from ballet pumps, no godawful blisters from heels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hitler Halloween Masks.

Seen alot of these popping up lately to buy. I just don't get it. Why would anyone wanna dress up as Hitler? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Hitler Halloween Masks.

Seen alot of these popping up lately to buy. I just don't get it. Why would anyone wanna dress up as Hitler for Halloween? :confused:

Why would anyone want to dress up as a vampire for Halloween?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OhHiMark wrote: »

Dracula, the boogeyman, the wolfman and frankenstein are fictional mosters. There is nothing fictional about the monster that was Adolf Hitler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I did last year. To me, Halloween costumes should be horror based, not dressing up as Buzz Lightyear etc., but that's just like, my opinion man.:pac:

My point is just about 'is it in taste'

sure, there are actually masks of James Eagan Holmes (The Dark Knight Rises Cinema Shooter) floating around for sale too. Just over a year after he killed those people.

Again, taste is a good word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dracula, the boogeyman, the wolfman and frankenstein are fictional mosters. There is nothing fictional about the monster that was Adolf Hitler.

Dracula is not real ?:D

My point is just about 'is it in taste'

sure, there are actually masks of James Eagan Holmes (The Dark Knight Rises Cinema Shooter) floating around for sale too. Just over a year after he killed those people.

Again, taste is a good word.

Maybe your tastes are different from other people's. Some people might not be offended because someone chooses to wear a rubber representation of Hitler's face. Now if they started killing Jews for Halloween as well you might start to have a problem.

Maybe your tastes are different from other people's. Some people might not be offended because someone chooses to wear a rubber representation of Hitler's face. Now if they started killing Jews for Halloween as well you might start to have a problem.

Oh i get that we have all different tastes.
    It's just Hitler? :pac: Of all the things in the world to go as.

I wonder how many americans will be going as Osama Bin laden this year :pac:

Probably a few as Dead Osama. I'd say he's pretty popular around the world though. As a costume I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I hate sneaky ads, the ones on you tube etc but a new low - the ryanair security check online where you have to type in the letters you see? Now you have to click on the box to see the letters and when you click on the box...yes you guessed, its a fuucking advertising video :mad:

keeping costs down for us

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saw a zombie Bin Laden costume last year

keeping costs down for us

Well I know with youtibe it keeps it free but ryanair?

krudler wrote: »
    Saw a zombie Bin Laden costume last year

:pac:

Oddly enough I just heard of the news about sainsburys or something pulling a costume off the shelves because it had "mental patient" on it. Now thats crazy! (pun intended) lol.

• Advertisement

:pac:

Oddly enough I just heard of the news about sainsburys or something pulling a costume off the shelves because it had "mental patient" on it. Now thats crazy! (pun intended) lol.

I can't figure out if the costumes were really creating a stigma or if its just PC gone mad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

People who write 'Thats fake' in the comment section of videos/pics on the internet. Who cares if its fake? Movies are fake but we still watch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Awaiting the facebook assault of "To Arthur".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That Nescafe Azera ad bugs the crap out of me:mad: The one where she says
    'guess what I want' It's pis*ing rain, she's not dying, not pregnant and yet she can't settle for a normal coffee like the rest of us, oh no, she's gotta send him down the street for take out coffee. If it were him sending her out for it on the other hand there'd be uproar.

Don't know why it annoys me as much as it does:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

The baby in the apartment next to mine has discovered that loud, continual high pitched shrieking gets its' parents attention. Honestly, the sound is like nails down a blackboard. And this is a Celtic Tiger apartment, so I can practically hear them breathing at the best of times.

That's what's currently annoying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

That Nescafe Azera ad bugs the crap out of me:mad: The one where she says
    'guess what I want' It's pis*ing rain, she's not dying, not pregnant and yet she can't settle for a normal coffee like the rest of us, oh no, she's gotta send him down the street for take out coffee. If it were him sending her out for it on the other hand there'd be uproar.

Don't know why it annoys me as much as it does:confused:

That would annoy me too....fortunately we do not have that ad here in Canada and I hope Tim Horton's never uses it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Long grain rice.

It only takes one grain to go down the wrong way and you're coughing, choking and spluttering for the next half hour... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People who overtake and leave their indicator on for miles after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Long grain rice.

It only takes one grain to go down the wrong way and you're coughing, choking and spluttering for the next half hour... :mad:

You should switch to Basmati. I've never had that problem with Basmati.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You should switch to Basmati. I've never had that problem with Basmati.
    I love brown basmati,10 years ago I'd have preferred white long grain but the texture and flavour of brown basmati is well worth the extra cooking time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement