Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

'Amazeballs'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Really hot chillis:mad: My husband loves them and I cut up some Scotch bonnet ones to put on his pizza. I've washed my hands 4 times and just touched my tongue and it burned the tongue off me:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

I love brown basmati,10 years ago I'd have preferred white long grain but the texture and flavour of brown basmati is well worth the extra cooking time.

I've never tried brown basmati but I love white basmati. Ever since I discovered it, I've never gone back to long grain and never will. Even my youngest son who is hopeless when it comes to cooking can easily make my recipe for basmati and not screw it up. He prefers basmati over long grain also.

I'll have to give brown basmati a try some day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

People who say "orturs day"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

You mean those bastards that drive at the speed limits? Yeah, what a shower of c*nts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

You should switch to Basmati. I've never had that problem with Basmati.

I find chewing my food works as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Bus drivers who act like selling a ticket is some crazy new imposition on their real jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

'Amazeballs'

Totes :pac:

I got a bus this morning...and nothing annoyed me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I got a bus this morning...and nothing annoyed me :P

I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Missus make's me put up curtains everywhere ( Even though we have blinds) then goes ballistic when I close them!!

Apparently there not meant to be closed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Missus make's me put up curtains everywhere ( Even though we have blinds) then goes ballistic when I close them!!

Are you allowed use the "good" towels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you allowed use the "good" towels?

Christ no, are you mad man??

We have a wooden floor going in soon in the Living room...followed by a huge rug to protect it :rolleyes:

I said why not put carpet in the middle and wooden floors on the outside then :D?

She wasn't impressed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That Nescafe Azera ad bugs the crap out of me:mad: The one where she says
    'guess what I want' It's pis*ing rain, she's not dying, not pregnant and yet she can't settle for a normal coffee like the rest of us, oh no, she's gotta send him down the street for take out coffee. If it were him sending her out for it on the other hand there'd be uproar.

Don't know why it annoys me as much as it does:confused:

or the longer one where the family are over and he makes 4 different types of coffee? balls to that.

Id tend to be the same, drives them all mad.:o

Curtains, some can be closed, others not so much.

Good towels, are you crazy, get away from them, FFS ;)

''fix them cushions properly on the couch.''

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Flaker

bluewolf wrote: »
    Would you not practise the reading for a wedding beforehand??

I was asked to step in at short notice - on the day actually. Only had the bit of the ceremony before I was to read to practice.

If I'd been asked before that, then of course I'd have practiced - I'm not an eejit you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals annoys me. He has everything pre chopped and peeled and the kettle pre-boiled before the show begins it took ya well longer than 15 minutes ya little bollox.

And he uses some mad ingredients nobody would just have knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals annoys me. He has everything pre chopped and peeled and the kettle pre-boiled before the show begins it took ya well longer than 15 minutes ya little bollox.

And he uses some mad ingredients nobody would just have knocking around.

Ha yeah, "cheap meals" are cheap if you have loads of spices and ingredients you have to go buy lying around. Oh yeah hang on I'll just grab four different spices from my spice garden out the back and mix them with the 9 different fresh vegetables you need for garnish and side dishes, fook off.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

lahalane wrote: »
    People who write 'Thats fake' in the comment section of videos/pics on the internet. Who cares if its fake? Movies are fake but we still watch them.

Depends on the video. Sometimes the appeal is that what you're watching or looking at is real, even though it's actually staged or photoshopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

On the topic of cooking, the ones who say it's "essential" to use a pinch of oregano or some other crap. You're putting a pinch of herb into a 2 litre pot of random flavours and foods, gway with your essential! Noone is even gonna taste it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

SV wrote: »
    On the topic of cooking, the ones who say it's "essential" to use a pinch of oregano or some other crap. You're putting a pinch of herb into a 2 litre pot of random flavours and foods, gway with your essential! Noone is even gonna taste it!

Depends on the... ahem, "herb", tbh! :D

Oh yeah, that reminds me - those who pronounce it 'erbs, I have no thyme for them, it's pronounced Herbs, the H is NOT silent. And feck off with your "an 'otel" and "an 'istoric".

Woman beside me today, we were chatting about the match last Sunday and she says "yeah I was sad for Mayo, they're the underdog, and there's a little bit of anyone-but-dublin in there too" - felt like punching the stupid géebag. Fuuck off out of Dublin if it's that terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Depends on the... ahem, "herb", tbh! :D

Very true but if you're just putting a 'pinch' of that in then you're only wasting your time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I hate when you update an app and the only thing they have added New are ads, especially those annoying pop up ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

My local spar never having any of the cheap milk left when I arrive so I have to get the overpriced Avonmore stuff, not to mention the milk being located in the most out of reach corner on purpose , just one of the annoying things about spar !

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Really hot chillis:mad: My husband loves them and I cut up some Scotch bonnet ones to put on his pizza. I've washed my hands 4 times and just touched my tongue and it burned the tongue off me:eek:

A tip, in future should you cook chillies wash your hands in full fat milk, cream, yogurt etc. then with soap (obviously). Works for me, something about the fats lifting the capsicum off your skin, haven't tried it with oil though.

My interfering MIL at times she is lovely however most of the time its like this:
    Brace-Yourselves-Mother-In-Law.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

12 minutes of adverts between programmes and then a programme advert and a sponsors advert before a show starts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement