Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When the bin vans drive past you or if your behind it at the traffic lights it leaves such a horrible smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Speed ramps and pot holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

dd972 wrote: »
    12 minutes of adverts between programmes and then a programme advert and a sponsors advert before a show starts

12 is a very specific number to be wrong with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

When the bin vans drive past you or if your behind it at the traffic lights it leaves such a horrible smell.
    You poor thing , you should move to the south side ,down there the bin trucks diffuse lavender oil and play classical music as they pass you by :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

When the toilet roll is put on the holder backwards :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

dd972 wrote: »
    12 minutes of adverts between programmes and then a programme advert and a sponsors advert before a show starts

Christ yes. Have been downloading for years so no ads on my shows and then when the gf wants to watch tv or I don't have my laptop or cable for the tv. Christ it's awful. Makes me feel better about pirating

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who quote large posts, especially annoying in mobile. scrolling through the same thing twice. only to see "I agree"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

That referendum commission ad.
    "There's only one place to go to get unbiased information' and they then go on to list several places, leaflets, website, library etc.

How can we trust them if they can't even count to 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    People who quote large posts, especially annoying in mobile. scrolling through the same thing twice. only to see "I agree"

I agree. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

+1

Qft

I agree.

About sums it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The way the sun always shines in through the gap between the sun visors on the car. Then it moves to the side and you turn the visor......and it still manages to find the spot that the visor doesn't cover - blinding you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Garzard wrote: »
    Speed ramps and pot holes.

Potholes on speed ramps...in Dublin there are red kind of cobblelock looking ramps all over the place that were put in less than ten years, and they are all falling apart. What kind of twit in the corpo invests millions on materials that are not fit for purpose. I was going to say it's incredible, but in fact it's quite credible, even to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well I know with youtibe it keeps it free but ryanair?

free is not the same as keeping costs down

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I agree. :)
    Days 298 wrote: »
    +1

Qft

I agree.

About sums it up.

Right comedians here today

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Joe Duffy

about as trivial and annoying as life gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Trying to find a bottle of coke that DOESN'T have some stupid name on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

drivers who, after waiting for ages at a traffic light, appear surprised when the lights finally go green and take another 5 seconds to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Really hot chillis:mad: My husband loves them and I cut up some Scotch bonnet ones to put on his pizza. I've washed my hands 4 times and just touched my tongue and it burned the tongue off me:eek:

Rub your hands with a tiny bit of something milk-based - yoghourt, cream, butter - first and then wash them. I can also state, from personal experience, that it's not good to try and get a little bit of dirt out of your eye having handled chillies.

Same reason that it's no use drinking a water drink with really spicy food - best to have lassi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Rub your hands with a tiny bit of something milk-based - yoghourt, cream, butter - first and then wash them. I can also state, from personal experience, that it's not good to try and get a little bit of dirt out of your eye having handled chillies.

Same reason that it's no use drinking a water drink with really spicy food - best to have lassi etc.

Jeez why eat spicy food if you have to use other food to anaesthetise yourself against the spicy food. If you get me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

This post has been deleted.

Actually people calling things "a disgrace" or "disgraceful" or other such hyperbolic words is a trivial thing that annoys me. Also, when a DVD box or film trailer calls a comedy film "outrageous" even though it sparked no outrage or controversy whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People who when posting online or complaining about something say "only in Ireland" or "what is this country coming to". It's meaningless crap.

Saw a post in another forum about the story of a teacher sending inappropriate pictures to a pupil and the poster finished his point with "what is this country coming to" as if it could never happen anywhere else in the world and Iteland, as a country encourages this kind of thing. It's just a bizarre thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

another ad....

there's no need to be screaming, your not in a night club or anywhere busy. That just pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

another ad....

there's no need to be screaming, your not in a night club or anywhere busy. That just pisses me off

There's a jackhammer in the background though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    "only in Ireland"

There's an "Only in Ireland" facebook page. Half of the images are from other countries and most of the posts could easily apply to anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

People who obstruct paths. Today I had to walk around a circle of old people and weirdly some roma moaning around a statue of mary, down the path followed by a guy handing out free bibles with a desk set up followed by not once but twice having people from the same business try and shove a leaflet in my face.

The fact I didn't go for a leaflet shows I had no interest. No need to shove it in my face and remind me "nicely".

As for the religious folk, ffs, this is Ireland there were 3 churches less than 2 minutes away in any direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Days 298 wrote: »

As for the religious folk, ffs, this is Ireland there were 3 churches less than 2 minutes away in any direction.

That made me laugh out loud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    drivers who, after waiting for ages at a traffic light, appear surprised when the lights finally go green and take another 5 seconds to react.
    They're usually online on they're smartphones like me !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Really hot chillis:mad: My husband loves them and I cut up some Scotch bonnet ones to put on his pizza. I've washed my hands 4 times and just touched my tongue and it burned the tongue off me:eek:
    Water won't cut it, you need something with lipids or fats in it. Milk or cream would work a treat.

• Advertisement

That was called scutching where I'm from :pac:

This is that it meant from where I was brought up!
    (Scutcher) a textile industry worker. Scutching is the process of separating the useful fibres away from the woody parts of flax etc. by the process of beating. The tool used for this purpose is also called a scutcher.

We even had a local pub called the scutchers!

well.... it used to be a pub! :(

edit: just checked on the status of a few of the other old pubs I used to frequent and they're ALL closed!! BOLLOCKS!!! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement