Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I was nearly run over by this fella in a super smart suit with mega shiny shoes on my way to work this morning

Oh, that reminds me, a f*cking huge seagull nearly landed on my face on the way to work this morning. I may have made an involuntary noise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was nearly run over by this fella in a super smart suit with mega shiny shoes on my way to work this morning. He was just running through the crowd knocking little old ladies off the footpath and talking frantically on his mobile. "Oh my God!", we all said, "the merger is going to get out of the pan! Let him through!" - when I caught up with him, the conversation was actually about how many ballet classes his daughter could get for 200 and odd euro. Bizzare....[/QUOTE]

Anyone remember the airline ad a good few years back, I think it was BA, where this asshole runs up to check in and says "I simply HAVE to get back to Bahrain tonight":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Oh, that reminds me, a f*cking huge seagull nearly landed on my face on the way to work this morning. I may have made an involuntary noise :pac:

hahahaha :D

There was one years ago for lemsip or uniflu or something, and the d1ckhead in the office was on the phone saying, "well pal with you out of the picture the merger was going to get out of the pan" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"How was your weekend?"/ "Did you get up to much at the weekend?" / "Good weekend?"

It just drives me fuucking mad. Reminds me of school when you'd have to think up 3 things you did at the weekend and then bleat on about them in Irish, French and Spanish in front of the whole class. It's Monday. Nobody wants to be here. If my weekend was good, I dont want to ruin the memory by sharing it with someone who hasn't been a part of it, and if I am recovering, I dont really want to talk about that either. So just fuuck off. I don't care what you did at the weekend, and its none of your business what I did with mine. Respect the Monday morning darkness.

They are usually the folk who want to talk about THEIR weekend. They want you to reply "I had a lovely weekend... And you?" out of politeness so that they can launch into a spiel. The trick is to not rise to this bait. I've a meeting with such a person later today and I'm going to have to hold my breath and focus on the business matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

NOW you're after reminding me why I was making this post when I forgot -
    Czarcasm wrote: »

Trivial thing that annoys me -

... I've forgotten now what I came in to post! :o

That's annoying! :(

A crow was after clocking me on the back of the head! I thought someone was after throwing something at me, next thing I saw the three crows fly off in front of me! All I could think was that scene in the film "The Birds" -

Aglomerado wrote: »
    They are usually the folk who want to talk about THEIR weekend. They want you to reply "I had a lovely weekend... And you?" out of politeness so that they can launch into a spiel. The trick is to not rise to this bait. I've a meeting with such a person later today and I'm going to have to hold my breath and focus on the business matters.

Yup, have one of those who foists himself on me every other Monday. Parping on about the mobile home in Cairn Beach and the christenings and communions and watching the match. Droning on and fuucking on... He's a complete assault on the senses. He talks at you not to you. I used to feign interest. Then I started looking bored. Then I ignored him. He still didn't get the message. I've had to turn the rudeness up 100% to actually get him to take a hint, and even at that if you so much as make eye contact with him again he'll be bleating on about his conservatory and extension and God only knows what else he has going on in his pathetic wannabe middle class life!

Men over 35 who wear Lynx

NOW you're after reminding me why I was making this post when I forgot -

A crow was after clocking me on the back of the head! I thought someone was after throwing something at me, next thing I saw the three crows fly off in front of me! All I could think was that scene in the film "The Birds" -

I was in Cork over the weekend. Yesterday we were having a ramble around and heard a noise behind of something hitting the ground, turned around and there were a load of wet sandwiches on the ground. There was nobody else in sight.

It was a tad weird.

I was in Cork over the weekend. Yesterday we were having a ramble around and heard a noise behind of something hitting the ground, turned around and there were a load of wet sandwiches on the ground. There was nobody else in sight.

It was a tad weird.

That's very common in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Men over 16 who wear Lynx in fairness.

Lynx Africa... I'll be 37 in a few weeks time :o

Sorry, I meant Old Spice:cool:

Sorry, I meant Old Spice:cool:

I've tried other various sprays and deodorants, hell even at one stage I was using an armpit hair epilator also known as a roll-on, they all just smelled too... feminine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I was nearly run over by this fella in a super smart suit with mega shiny shoes on my way to work this morning. He was just running through the crowd knocking little old ladies off the footpath and talking frantically on his mobile. "Oh my God!", we all said, "the merger is going to get out of the pan! Let him through!" - when I caught up with him, the conversation was actually about how many ballet classes his daughter could get for 200 and odd euro. Bizzare....

I can't decide if that last part makes him more or less endearing.

Serious misanthropy going on here regarding small talk. During the summer I was working and the friendly small talk was a saviour. I was far younger than most other people in the place and really didn't have much in common with the only other student there so the day almost always started with weather-themed discussion and vague talk of how the weekend went. Not exactly good banter or anything but better than 9 hours of solid loneliness and awkward silences every day and usually led in to some regular talk later on. And if someone wanted to go on and on about there own weekend then let them at it, nobody had to pay attention.

Ooooh, love Lynx Africa, gorgeous smell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

krudler wrote: »
    Men over 16 who wear Lynx in fairness.

why the hate on lynx? im 27 years old and wear it, I dont think there is anything wrong with it

C14N wrote: »
    I can't decide if that last part makes him more or less endearing.

Serious misanthropy going on here regarding small talk. During the summer I was working and the friendly small talk was a saviour. I was far younger than most other people in the place and really didn't have much in common with the only other student there so the day almost always started with weather-themed discussion and vague talk of how the weekend went. Not exactly good banter or anything but better than 9 hours of solid loneliness and awkward silences every day and usually led in to some regular talk later on. And if someone wanted to go on and on about there own weekend then let them at it, nobody had to pay attention.

There's always one :pac:

Genuine people IME don't do small talk, talking just for the sake of it. That's called gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

People who insist on walking up and down and speaking very loudly on mobiles....as in the look how important I am brigade.

You mean like this.............

why the hate on lynx? im 27 years old and wear it, I dont think there is anything wrong with it

I don't hate it....I just don't really like the smell. to me its the sort of stuff one give to younger teenagers.

Lynx on older men is a trivial thing that annoys me..............that's not to say its right or wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I don't hate it....I just don't really like the smell. to me its the sort of stuff one give to younger teenagers.

Lynx on older men is a trivial thing that annoys me..............that's not to see its right or wrong.

fair enough :)

Lynx on older men is a trivial thing that annoys me..............that's not to see its right or wrong.

I like it because it's probably the only men's deodorant that doesn't smell "sporty" :pac:

When you ask someone for help and they can't help but ask you questions anyway.

"Have you a _____ I can borrow?"
    "No, sorry"
    "OK no worries"
    "What do you need it for?"

Sorry...is telling you why I need it going to make it appear? I'm clearly in need of _____, please dont hinder my search with your silly questions!

The way that stupid pretentious abbercrumble place on College Green pumps lynx out it's entrance. I nearly gag walking past there now!

Ok, I am really gonna go out on a limb today............................people who think "The Da Vinci Code" is a great book/movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When you ask someone for help and they can't help but ask you questions anyway.

"Have you a _____ I can borrow?"
    "No, sorry"
    "OK no worries"
    "What do you need it for?"

Sorry...is telling you what I need going to make it appear? I'm clearly in need of _____, please dont hinder my search with your silly questions!

"can I borrow some sellotape?"

No you have HAVE some sellotape, I don't want it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Ok, I am really gonna go out on a limb today............................people who think "The Da Vinci Code" is a great book/movie.

Feeble minded fcks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

There's always one :pac:

Genuine people IME don't do small talk, talking just for the sake of it. That's called gossip.

I'd like to agree and there's definitely a big element of BS to small talk but it's really all you have to get started with someone you don't know most of the time.

C14N wrote: »
    I'd like to agree and there's definitely a big element of BS to small talk but it's really all you have to get started with someone you don't know most of the time.

Whats wrong with being silent? Silence is shunned in our noisy society. There is no such thing as a comfortable silence anymore. Everybody feels like they need to fill it. Why? God's sake even ten seconds in the lift and they have to make some fuucking declaration on the weather. And as for canteen chit chat? The "no-bread diet..rumble rumble...oh did you get Mackie D's you're so bold...rumble rumble..." I think some people actually have small talk quotas. They can't sleep until they hit their target. Probably even have little small talk -ometers that click onto their belt and record their bull**** throughout the day too. Congratulations you hit your target. You are now officially a thoroughly average, irritating bint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Garzard wrote: »
    Or when people put virtually empty milk cartons back into the fridge. :mad:
    That is head-explosion inducing. Especially when it leads to you being tricked into not getting more milk when you're down the shop, having scanned the fridge and seen it there.

People hwo must have grown up in extremely energy bill-conscious households turning off the oven or other appliances is another - when they never check to
    see that "oh right, there's actually food cooking in there".

Neat freaks who insist on cleaning as you cook (it's a nice gesture, but you're in the way! I'll clean it just before I've got everything cooked thanks) or people who seem to only ever occupy the kitchen when you're trying cooking.

And people who never respect the "I cook, you clean" agreement, because they figure the next person looking to use the cutlery/plate/etc will have to clean it before use anyway.

Kitchens -- the demise of every flatmate relationship. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement