Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I am pie wrote: »
    Justin Bieber being carried up the great wall of china rather than walking. Words fail me. Hate hate hate hate hate.

His ego is probably weighing him down a fair bit though, hope the wall can hold it's weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If I had the option of walking the great wall or being carried I know what I'd pick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

Cheap feckin jax roll!!!!! I mean gettin a start on the bloody thing!!! I need a degree in origami! And then yer shaggin fingers rip through!!!!! AH SHI*****E!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

krudler wrote: »
    Men over 16 who wear Lynx in fairness.

What's wrong with Lynx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Padkir wrote: »
    What's wrong with Lynx?

It smells of teenage desperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vuzuggu wrote: »

I actually love the smell of Lynx.. Find it sexier on my OH than any aftershave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Im 41 and I use lynx. The misses buys it for me. She says it turns her on....
    I dont know if shes telling the truth or maybe she is making me less attractive to other women!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

No matter how clean the person who is wearing it is, the smell always makes me think of a smelly person spraying themselves furiously instead of taking a shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Can't agree with that I'm afraid, and a lot of my female friends and my girlfriend have often said they love it. Provided you don't roll around in it to the point you're almost knocking people out with the smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Lucena wrote: »
    We only clean the toilet once every two weeks. I suppose it depends on your diet.
    On the subject of teenage desperation , this trend of putting one hand down the front of their manky track suit bottoms !!, get a room with yourselves already !

Oops69 wrote: »
    On the subject of teenage desperation , this trend of putting one hand down the front of their manky track suit bottoms !!, get a room with yourselves already !

I was only whining to someone else about that today! Dirty scrotes! Id love to break their hand and bo**ox with a good severe boot! Is it a style thing or whities trying to be black gangsta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

2 gob****es in boy racers have made the area around me their race track. Every day they get earlier. At beginning it was around 11-12 they'd start. Yesterday it was 9 o clock. Now I can here them already. They are gonna spoil the unsupervised yet good nature of driving around here for everyone.

Just found a new one!!! R.T.E presenters pronounciation of Gardai as Gwuordee and Fine Gwuayel!! Ughhhhhh!!! End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Just found a new one!!! R.T.E presenters pronounciation of Gardai as Gwuordee and Fine Gwuayel!! Ughhhhhh!!! End of rant.
    The one that gets me is "finANCE". Don't think I've heard this pronunciation ever outside of RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Dun layerraa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Pigeons annoy me so much they get in the way all the time in town everytime I'm walking I have to be watching out to avoid pigeons or they only wait until you are super close to them before flying away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

TV or radio ads with songs in them. I know they're meant to be annoying so they get stuck in your head, but seriously, ARGH.

Also, the standard of advertising on Irish radio stations in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who use their bare hands to rummage through the rolls in the supermarket. FFS, what is the matter with them. Christ only knows where their hands have been and there they are handling and discarding the rolls deciding which ones they want.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The term "sheeple".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People who drive around with their dog on their lap and the dog with its head stuck out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I can take a bit of it but when it turns into "Wait and I tell you what my little Johnny did. It was so cute and amazing" and the story descends into everyday banality that is neither cute or amazing, I want to kick the person to death. Some people might think that's strong...I don't.

Have a one year old and have had to endure a lot of this sh!t over the last year. A lot of what he does is very special to me but people don't need to hear about it because it means f**k all to them.

If you don't think it's strong to say that you want to kick someone to death for talking about their grandkids, then your son should be taken away from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Business jargon, meeting with my manager the other day(i'm a part time worker btw) and he start drawing some diagram for no reason with 'going forward' in a box with arrows pointing each way from it, but that was it, there was no reason for the diagram whatsoever.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    If you don't think it's strong to say that you want to kick someone to death for talking about their grandkids, then your son should be taken away from you.

Here's a perfect example of another trivial hatred. People who enter a thread thats obviously a piss take and a bit of a laugh and.....well go all moral on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I've been using Lynx for years, and I'm not 15. However I've no idea what people around me think of it, so if people here are saying it's mank, it probably is.

What should I replace it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

OhHiMark wrote: »

Ah it's only old people, they should be put down when they reach 60 anyway.

If I was talking about kicking his mother to death I could understand your point of view. I'd have done it by now too except that she could take me in a fair fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Business jargon, meeting with my manager the other day(i'm a part time worker btw) and he start drawing some diagram for no reason with 'going forward' in a box with arrows pointing each way from it, but that was it, there was no reason for the diagram whatsoever.

A-f**king-men.

A load of bollix. "Going forward" is a scourge on the English language. What is it about people that makes them talk like morons in a business environment?

Someone told me last week that they would put together a "bridge" for a meeting last week. WTF?!? Are we building a moat outside our office or something? Turns out that he was setting up a conference all.

People who talk in cliches in work too do my head in. There's a fella in my work that says "Well the people not performing should shape up or ship out". It's one of those things you can't disagree with but what the f**k does it mean? Who is he talking about? He never goes into any specifics. Like "We should be doing things right first time." More stuff you can't disagree with but he never specifies what he thinks needs to be done right first time or what he's doing to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

DeanAustin wrote: »
    A-f**king-men.

A load of bollix. "Going forward" is a scourge on the English language. What is it about people that makes them talk like morons in a business environment?

Someone told me last week that they would put together a "bridge" for a meeting last week. WTF?!? Are we building a moat outside our office or something? Turns out that he was setting up a conference all.

People who talk in cliches in work too do my head in. There's a fella in my work that says "Well the people not performing should shape up or ship out". It's one of those things you can't disagree with but what the f**k does it mean? Who is he talking about? He never goes into any specifics. Like "We should be doing things right first time." More stuff you can't disagree with but he never specifies what he thinks needs to be done right first time or what he's doing to make it happen.

Try to pin him down with specific questions, that should be fun! Actually start out with "What do you mean" and narrow it down slowly to specifics. Make him sweat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

EdenHazard wrote: »

Don't forget to touch base with your key stakeholders.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement