Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

One thing that drives me mad is when people ask what my name is, I tell them (it's a very common, easy to pronounce name) and they mispronounce it because I don't look Irish. It never fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

People talking with their mouth full also if you're out having a meal and somebody starts eating before everyone else receives their meal.
    People putting up pictures on Facebook etc and putting stupid hashtag comments with it eg # new dress # stunning etc:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Teenage girls on facebook.

"Omg, u look stunnin! Xxx"
    "Nah, dats you but thanks Xxxx"

Irritating doesn't describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wishmaster200

Driving behind someone in the morning doing 15 miles an hour because they think the roads are slippy when they are not!!!
    I think that's when I am at my angriest...

me too i could literally eat the steering wheel i just want to rear end them so hard ARRRRRRAH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Newsagents that turn stacks of newspapers round, so the customers "can't read them". Presumably, they mean to stop people browsing them.

Newspapers spend huge time and effort to create the most impactful headline of the day, so people will feel compelled to pick it up and buy it. Turning the newspaper the other way round makes no difference to people's ability to pick it up and leaf through it, but it does kill the interest generated by scanning the headlines. Really, really stupid and probably loses sales more it does than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

1ZRed wrote: »
    Vodafone sending you a text telling you you've got a missed call. It's a thing of sheer stupidity.
    Why would you need a text telling you you've missed a call when the phone has a notification telling you anyway?

You're ****ing thick vodafone.

For phones that are out of service when the call is missed. I.e. battery, coverage, no roaming, so on so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

People who write 'would of' instead of 'would've or would have'... drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

its impossible to put one on backwards if the sticky side is the L side

sure you can - Lazy L - rotated clockwise 90deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

me too i could literally eat the steering wheel i just want to rear end them so hard ARRRRRRAH

Ooooooo Matronnnn:D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    For phones that are out of service when the call is missed. I.e. battery, coverage, no roaming, so on so forth.

or to remind you to call back so they can make more money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Teenage girls on facebook.

"Omg, u look stunnin! Xxx"
    "Nah, dats you but thanks Xxxx"

Irritating doesn't describe it.

That's how I normally talk on Facebook :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1ZRed wrote: »
    That's how I normally talk on Facebook :confused:

You better be a teenage girl or else you should expect a knock on the door from the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lovesfatgirls

when someone doesnt finish their can and leaves maybe a good fifth of it in there bugs me...maybe if you actually drank it, it wouldnt go flat o_O when the same person uses said cans as an ashtray always ends in trouble..

when someone makes toast on the counter and 'forgets' to wipe it down afterwards
    spilt sugar wiped down on to the floor so when you walk in barefoot you get sugar on your feet

i could go on :D

zerks wrote: »
    You better be a teenage girl or else you should expect a knock on the door from the Gardai.
    Pisstake, mate. Pisstake.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Apple Mac books... Can't use them for the life of me.

My music not having artwork. It's just wrong looking to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

People biting their nails drives me crazy. I really have to do everything in my power not to punch them in the face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

hon pa wrote: »
    People who write 'would of' instead of 'would've or would have'... drives me mental

Or people who say "should of" instead of "should have".

And people pronouncing committee as "comm - it - teeeeee"/ "area" as "air-eeee"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Groups of people who walk at a crawl speed on busy paths and get in your way when you try go around them.

People who dont walk on the airport travelator thingys and block them up.

and my favorite

Idiots who throw cigarette butts out their car window. Thats what you have an ashtray for douchebag !

EDIT: One more. How come when you have tonsillitis the doctor prescribes Augmentin, the biggest feckin tablet known to man. I cant swallow FFS

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Notepad Bully

The speed at which chewing gum loses it's taste is particularly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

People who eat with their mouths open, slurp while drinking liquids, grunt and snort while sitting with their mouths gaping open, and just in general have not managed to figure out to fukking breath properly.

It is the single most basic action required for survival, if you can't get it right the rest of us should be allowed to hold pillows over your faces to demonstrate the principle until you either figure it out or natural selection takes its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The time it takes an energy saving lightbulb to actually get bright. It really frustrates me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Cold butter that wreaks the bread when you try use it.
    Just leave it out instead of putting it in d fridge....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RebeccaChick

• People eating with their mouth open
    • Parents cursing on front of their young children
    • Parents feeding their children utter crap resulting in them getting overweight
    • Drivers not using indicators
    • When someone goes and buys something you've just bought e.g handbag/jacket
    • When people suddenly stop in the middle of a busy path, not moving out of the way for all the people behind them.

That's alot but they are what comes to mind!

That's alot but they are what comes to mind!

Sorry Rebecca, but people typing 'alot' drives me mental.

It's 'a lot'! Two words!

So many people do it and it hurts my eyes.:(

Also annoying is 'loosing' for losing, and the aforementioned 'should of' instead of should have.

I've noticed 'wreaks' instead of wrecks a few times here, and a few 'taughts' instead of thoughts. It grinds my gears.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Candie wrote: »
    Sorry Rebecca, but people typing 'alot' drives me mental.

It's 'a lot'! Two words!

So many people do it and it hurts my eyes.:(

Also annoying is 'loosing' for losing, and the aforementioned 'should of' instead of should have.

I've noticed 'wreaks' instead of wrecks a few times here, and a few 'taughts' instead of thoughts. It grinds my gears.:p

I always see thought in place of taught on here. That and collage instead of college wrecks my head. You were thought in collage were you, you bloody retard?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

People in general annoy me. I would love to live alone in the wilderness but I would miss the internet too much.

Watching some sort of disaster on the news with old women in the room has to be the most painful things for me to endure.

Between all the "ooooooohhhhhhh, isn't it awwwwful!", "god.. ohhhhh!" and "Christ have mercy on them!", I can't hear a god damn fuking thing that's being said

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caoilinn.

When groups of say 3 or 4 four people are walking on the footpath, blocking you from being able to walk past them.It annoys the fùck outta me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

In banks, people who only start writing out their lodgment slip when they're already in the queue. And if you try to walk round them, you're the worst fúcker in the world. Plus you just know that they're going to be the same people who take 15 minutes going through every piece of banking minutiae that should have been done at the Customer Service counter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement