Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I wouldn't mind haha but I basically just pack shelves hahaha, I didn't think people used these phrases seriously, obviously comes with the handbook for being a manager for places like thsi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just found a new one!!! R.T.E presenters pronounciation of Gardai as Gwuordee and Fine Gwuayel!! Ughhhhhh!!! End of rant.

What about the reporter Pascal Sheehy (Plastic Sheeting) do you ever hear the sing song voice? I wonder does he ever listen to himself and ask wtf was goin there ...

People who use their bare hands to rummage through the rolls in the supermarket. FFS, what is the matter with them. Christ only knows where their hands have been and there they are handling and discarding the rolls deciding which ones they want.:mad:

Probably one of the skangers with manky hands down the front of his crappy tracksuit:D

Lucena wrote: »
    I've been using Lynx for years, and I'm not 15. However I've no idea what people around me think of it, so if people here are saying it's mank, it probably is.

What should I replace it with?

Brut.................you will be beating them off with a ****ty stick:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind haha but I basically just pack shelves hahaha, I didn't think people used these phrases seriously, obviously comes with the handbook for being a manager for places like thsi

Comes with the handbook for being a c*nt ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Management Visibility...Knowledge Process Outsourcing...Event Horizon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Management Visibility...Knowledge Process Outsourcing...Event Horizon...

Blue Sky Thinking.

People who take the ear off you when you answer the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Fellas standing at the bar when there are loads of seats in the pub.
    Get out of the way, and stop letting those manky Guinness farts.

People who lick envelopes. There is something so disgusting and creepy and sexually predatory about it! I especially hate when old women do it. Lick lick, yack! When they make eye contact with you at the same time - makes me get sick in my mouth :P I really think licking envelopes should be banned, aside from the fact that the receiver has to then tear away a layer of your congealed, halitosic spit to get to whatever is inside. Just...wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

People who lick envelopes. There is something so disgusting and creepy and sexually predatory about it! I especially hate when old women do it. Lick lick, yack! When they make eye contact with you at the same time - makes me get sick in my mouth :P I really think licking envelopes should be banned, aside from the fact that the receiver has to then tear away a layer of your congealed, halitosic spit to get to whatever is inside. Just...wrong.

What should you do instead? Piss on it?

Because that's what I've been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

was in a mobile phone shop the other day and saw a poster for a new phone with 3-4 listed selling points, one of which was "rotating 5.0 megapixel camera, perfect for selfies"

I nearly dropped. Seriously, are we that bloody vain nowadays?

Oh wait, judging by what I've come across on social media lately, probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

was in a mobile phone shop the other day and saw a poster for a new phone with 3-4 listed selling points, one of which was "rotating 5.0 megapixel camera, perfect for selfies"

That's now a selling point on the phone? Turn the damn phone around ffs!

Jesus I'm in stitches at that, reminds me of the other night a mate told me to download snapchat-

"Why?"

"So I can send you selfies!"

"Yeah, I know what you look like already!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Jesus wept...and I think it'll be a long time before he stops weeping.

WTF?!??

I want a phone that is advertised as "Perfect for hopping off people taking selfies. Unbreakable." I'd pay good money for that one.

OhHiMark wrote: »

I lick my finger and rub it along the gluey edge.
    Why people lick stamps is beyond me

In the post office?

I dont know what you should do instead. Lick it at home maybe, or dont lick it in front of me, or buy one that seals itself. I dunno! Its still maddening!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    In the post office?

If it was the GPO it wouldnt surprise me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I dont know what you should do instead. Lick it at home maybe, or dont lick it in front of me, or buy one that seals itself. I dunno! Its still maddening!

*snigger* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

What about the reporter Pascal Sheehy (Plastic Sheeting) do you ever hear the sing song voice? I wonder does he ever listen to himself and ask wtf was goin there ...

What about ciaran mulloooooley from the midlands , rte tend to pick reporters with the most stereotypical accent from the region they're assigned too , apart from ' mr gravitas ' himself tommy o Gorman in the north , every report he does you expect he's announcing the second coming !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Here's a perfect example of another trivial hatred. People who enter a thread thats obviously a piss take and a bit of a laugh and.....well go all moral on it!

Exactly, people who can't lighten the F up ,

Oops69 wrote: »
    What about ciaran mulloooooley from the midlands , rte tend to pick reporters with the most stereotypical accent from the region they're assigned too , apart from ' mr gravitas ' himself tommy o Gorman in the north , every report he does you expect he's announcing the second coming !

you nailed, bang on. I mean who really speaks like that Mullooly guy. Imagine being out for a full night with him.....

The O'Healy-Rae's

The O'Healy-Rae's

My ex works for the government and has told me of a time when JHR was supposed to be chairing a meeting and ended up rolling up his sleeves and challenging someone to a fight. Professional, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MoyKill MocMullan on the Today FM Sports news

My ex works for the government and has told me of a time when JHR was supposed to be chairing a meeting and ended up rolling up his sleeves and challenging someone to a fight. Professional, eh?

I think it was the same guy, on TV, abseiling down a small cliff, they gave him the crash helmet to wear, and he puts it OVER his cap!! pity they gave him a rope....

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    MoyKill MocMullan on the Today FM Sports news

yeeeeeees!!!! "oooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiim Moychal macmullen"

If I'm not mistaken, he has a sister making some noise on some radio station now too, and she has the same annoying (can you even call it an) accent, though somewhat more watered down thank God.

I think it was the same guy, on TV, abseiling down a small cliff, they gave him the crash helmet to wear, and he puts it OVER his cap!! pity they gave him a rope....

Pity they just didn't push him over the cliff :pac:

yeeeeeees!!!! "oooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiim Moychal macmullen"

If I'm not mistaken, he has a sister making some noise on some radio station now too, and she has the same annoying (can you even call it an) accent, though somewhat more watered down thank God.

A real full on DORT accent, I cant even begin to try to spell the way he pronounces Manchester United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

When making fried rice and it spills allll over the cooker.

And then a few grains fall down behind the cooker.

That sh1t can go everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement