Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A real full on DORT accent, I cant even begin to try to spell the way he pronounces Manchester United.

Mawn-shestir unooooooyted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Mawn-shestir unooooooyted.....

Close, but I am afraid there is a T in there:), none when he sez it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I don't even know who you guys are talking about and I'm dreading the day he'd ever be interviewing Rachel Allen!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Walking into the bathroom in your socks and stepping on unknown wetness.

ok, um...mawn- shestir u-noyshed?

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I don't even know who you guys are talking about and I'm dreading the day he'd ever be interviewing Rachel Allen!

Imagine if they had kids, that don't talk proper but can make opple torts

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ok, um...mawn- shestir u-noyshed?

Bingo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

When people ask your opinion and then get upset when u tell them,

Case in point, Girlfriends friend asked me did i know her cousin cause he's from my area ,I said yes ,she said " he's lovely isnt he" i replied no he's a dickh*ad , and they both took the hump with me for being rude, i was only being honest why should i lie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

When people ask your opinion and then get upset when u tell them,

Case in point, Girlfriends friend asked me did i know her cousin cause he's from my area ,I said yes ,she said " he's lovely isnt he" i replied no he's a dickh*ad , and they both took the hump with me for being rude, i was only being honest why should i lie

You could be honest with "well I don't get along with him myself"
    She didn't say "what is your frank opinion of him" she said "isn't he lovely". A simple "no" or a middling answer would make it clear without being rude. The only alternative to being rude isn't lying :rolleyes:

bluewolf wrote: »
    You could be honest with "well I don't get along with him myself"
    She didn't say "what is your frank opinion of him" she said "isn't he lovely". A simple "no" or a middling answer would make it clear without being rude. The only alternative to being rude isn't lying :rolleyes:

Surely if the person in question is a dickhead, than the honest thing to do is give your honest opinion....i.e. " he is a dickhead"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Surely if the person in question is a dickhead, than the honest thing to do is give your honest opinion....i.e. " he is a dickhead"

Don't call me Shirley. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

Needing your finger nails to do something after you have just cut them,
    when people write could or would when they mean couldn't or wouldn't, that's very a 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Salt or sugar grains on the table when you put your arm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

People who bring sweets etc that are in noisy wrappers in to the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yeah , gremlins have a bad aim and they're always locked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Me answering phone: "Hello, Boards.ie?" (disclaimer, not where I work just an example)

caller: (pause) "hello...is that Boards.ie?"

sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

Having a piss in a hurry... packing your tackel away too early and suffering the stingy, stinky dreaded wet spot that your shirt/jumper won't cover. The size of the spot is in direct proportion how important the family members/Clients/manager/work colleagues are. T'is a proper bastard!!!

Corkonian C**ts that persistently keep on saying that Cork is the true capital! Wan**rs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Corkonian C**ts that persistently keep on saying that Cork is the true capital! Wan**rs!!!

People not from Cork who take the unmercifully mickey out of Cork and it's citizens even though the vast majority are as levelheaded as anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Having a piss in a hurry... packing your tackel away too early and suffering the stingy, stinky dreaded wet spot that your shirt/jumper won't cover. The size of the spot is in direct proportion how important the family members/Clients/manager/work colleagues are. T'is a proper bastard!!!
    I usually dab it with bog roll for a sec after... my body's got a nasty habit of making me thing I'm done when there's a good 20% left. This trick tends to entice whatever is left in there to come out for some reason - sometimes round two has been even bigger than round one. It's like some kind of bodily conspiracy.

• Advertisement

People not from Cork who take the unmercifully mickey out of Cork and it's citizens even though the vast majority are as levelheaded as anyone else.
    Even the ones that insist on being from "WEST Cork"? I worked in insurance, and it was not out of the ordinary to have someone call up to complain because their cert and disc said 'Cork' and not 'West Cork' on it (despite the fact this is a legal document that should only state Cork, meaning most/all of those complaining had never had 'West Cork' listed on it.

I'm just waiting to see a 132-WC-111 reg car one of these days. :p

Billy86 wrote: »
    I usually dab it with bog roll for a sec after... my body's got a nasty habit of making me thing I'm done when there's a good 20% left. This trick tends to entice whatever is left in there to come out for some reason - sometimes round two has been even bigger than round one. It's like some kind of bodily conspiracy.

Just reading yer post out to my sister is a doctor....she says your case is a serious.....they're gonna have to slice your cock open, cut yer balls off and then its a slow painful death I'm afraid! BUMMER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

BUMMER.

Who you sister???

Just reading yer post out to my sister is a doctor....she says your case is a serious.....they're gonna have to slice your cock open, cut yer balls off and then its a slow painful death I'm afraid! BUMMER.
    Ahh, but I like my cock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

BUMMER.

Is that what caused it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't forget to touch base with your key stakeholders.....

and do it quickly, while there is a 'window of opportunity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Living at home as a kid, many times I walked into the bathroom and stepped on the liver/kidneys/some remains of a mouse our cat had caught, then climbed in the bathroom window, and eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Watery ketchup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Bus heading down a housing estate, meets a van coming the other way and stops the bus, van reverses back and the pair of them engage in a full blown conversation!

WTF? It's no wonder the buses never run on time with that craic!

• Advertisement

Waiting ages at the lights when you're in a bus or taxi, running late of course, and then just as the lights go green for you some fuucker steps out in front of the car/taxi :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement