Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rm234

column pronounced coll-ee-yeum

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The abundance of trailers and ads at the start of Children's DVDs. (usually Disney/Pixar)

When you've bought the official, non-ex-rental, DVD it should just cut to the main menu ASAP. Instead you have to sit there with the remote, pummeling the Skip button to get past the trailers (the Menu button is disabled during this process of course :mad:).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭loseyourself

I hate it when deli's automatically cut your roll in half for you. I lost a good half a roll a couple of times for this. If i want a roll its because I'm eating it on the go, usually walking. Really pisses me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

x Factor

But I think it's exploitative so maybe not so trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Costa coffee and I think Starbucks charging 30 cents extra for having coffee "here" and not " to go " -- p**** off

When you get a coffee and a scone somewhere and a couple of mini butters and a jam for say €3.50 , then the sales assistant checking the number of butters and jams and racking up extra 20 and 30 cents all over the place and you end up paying € 4. 20 ----p**** off as well !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

When at the checkout and the cashier reads my magazine/paper while putting it through the scanner!

Drives me crazy....1st world problem, I know...but not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

When at the checkout and the cashier reads my magazine/paper while putting it through the scanner!

Drives me crazy....1st world problem, I know...but not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

iphone autocorrect so annoying but i don't want to turn it off sometimes it's useful other times just very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

A person I know whacks the spoon off their teeth when getting the last bit of yoghurt out of the container..drives me insane!!

When people walk side by side and take up a full path and walk about 0.0000000000005KM/H or stop in the centre of the footpath and waffling away about little mikeys new shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

I catch snails in my back garden and throw them up and over the back wall to hear them shatter on the other side. F*ckers have destroyed my hostas for the last time :pac:

Yes!!! Someone like me!!! It's damn evil!!! Slimey lil ba5tards!!! Do you smile when you hear the crunch and get a warm fuzzy feeling? knowing that you have protected yer hard work from the illegal slimers. People say im cruel...but I also smile at the sound of mousetraps snapping! Orrible lil cretins!!!! Waaahhooo!!!;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

iphone autocorrect so annoying but i don't want to turn it off sometimes it's useful other times just very frustrating.

I know, I feel the same. I hate the way it always changes were to we're for no reason! Stupid apple, were is a word too! It's so handy a lot of the time too though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I know, I feel the same. I hate the way it always changes were to we're for no reason! Stupid apple, were is a word too! It's so handy a lot of the time too though

And I had to fecking edit this post because it changed the second were to we're for no reason!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I don't know if this will be of any use to you, but there are ways to make iOS predictive text more efficient for you -

http://www.macworld.com/article/2031004/how-to-make-ios-autocorrect-work-for-you.html

(Somewhat amusing how when typing the word "efficient" there, the first word that came up due to predictive text was "deficient"...)

I used have a Motorola V3x about ten years back, a phone way ahead of it's time. Not only would it predict words, but whole bloody sentences, and paragraphs if it detected a similar pattern of words! It was a bit like Clippy, the Office Assistant everybody loved to hate, only far more useful!

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    *Maths, in this country we use the correct term for this subject which is "maths".

Another trivial hatred.........the spelling and grammer police out in riot force!! F.F.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Theatre being pronounced as The-ay-tre (I'm looking at you Matt Cooper!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Interior crocodile alligator...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The-ay-tre

I saw the "ay" in that and immediately read it in a Geordie accent!! :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Matt Cooper's nose whistling ALL THE TIME when he's listening to someone talk, grrrrrr.

When young pikeys are playing crappy music on their phones on a bus or train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

When there are so many un-popped corn seeds in my microwave popcorn bag. Hate it, what a waste!

Eating something delish and crunching down on the inside of yer cheek or that little bit on the inside side part of your mouth. ...I destroys the scrumptious satisfaction of the moment.....and then your reminded of the painful bastard every mealtime for two days after as you continuously accidently try to consume the inside of your mouth!!!! Oh the whincing pain of it all!!!! And everybody at the table pulls one of those silly pain smiles as they all silently remember the suffering!!! What a ba**ard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I hate when I'm waiting for a tv show to start and the person with the remote starts flicking channels resulting in me missing the start of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Making a post on here and being totally ignored :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

@canadianwoman

You're doing it wrong!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Another trivial hatred.........the spelling and grammer police out in riot force!! F.F.S.

Grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Eating something delish and crunching down on the inside of yer cheek or that little bit on the inside side part of your mouth. ...I destroys the scrumptious satisfaction of the moment.....and then your reminded of the painful bastard every mealtime for two days after as you continuously accidently try to consume the inside of your mouth!!!! Oh the whincing pain of it all!!!! And everybody at the table pulls one of those silly pain smiles as they all silently remember the suffering!!! What a ba**ard!!!

Excessive use of exclamation marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

My trivial annoyance isn't due to the spelling, it's the americanisation of calling it math instead of maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Yes!!! Someone like me!!! It's damn evil!!! Slimey lil ba5tards!!! Do you smile when you hear the crunch and get a warm fuzzy feeling? knowing that you have protected yer hard work from the illegal slimers. People say im cruel...but I also smile at the sound of mousetraps snapping! Orrible lil cretins!!!! Waaahhooo!!!;-)

Nah, I'm usually more worried about hitting one of the neighbour kids :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Making a post on here and being totally ignored :D

Did someone say something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement