Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Eating something delish and crunching down on the inside of yer cheek or that little bit on the inside side part of your mouth. ...I destroys the scrumptious satisfaction of the moment.....and then your reminded of the painful bastard every mealtime for two days after as you continuously accidently try to consume the inside of your mouth!!!! Oh the whincing pain of it all!!!! And everybody at the table pulls one of those silly pain smiles as they all silently remember the suffering!!! What a ba**ard!!!

Dara O'Briain has a great little bit about that to explain why he refuses to believe in Creationism - he can't understand why God would design people who often bite the insides of their own mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

when out looking for a late night pharmacy ( Drugstore for those of you sensitive about Americanisms) and you see the green cross thing all lit up in the distance and you think Eureka (sorry about the greekism) only to discover its closed....Turn the fuuckin light OFF then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭doctorjohn

The piece of paper on a bar of imperial leather soap. The more the soap bar gets used , the more annoying it becomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

What is it with people using Facebook to talk to their kids brag about things. I'm so sick of reading sh*t posted by someone I used to know about various things she's spent money on. Yesterday she posted on her teenage sons page that she'd gotten tickets to a sporting event, said tickets for the family will be over 500 euro.

This is from a woman who hasn't worked in over 10 years and is milking the state for benefits and rent allowance. WTF is going on when she can find that kind of money, I sure as sh*t couldn't afford to spend that on 1 day. I finally bit the bullet and unfriended her. Can't fcuking stand people who play the poor mouth but never seem to be short of money, bitch:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

What is it with people using Facebook to talk to their kids brag about things. I'm so sick of reading sh*t posted by someone I used to know about various things she's spent money on. Yesterday she posted on her teenage sons page that she'd gotten tickets to a sporting event, said tickets for the family will be over 500 euro.

This is from a woman who hasn't worked in over 10 years and is milking the state for benefits and rent allowance. WTF is going on when she can find that kind of money, I sure as sh*t couldn't afford to spend that on 1 day. I finally bit the bullet and unfriended her. Can't fcuking stand people who play the poor mouth but never seem to be short of money, bitch:mad:

I have a relative who does that. Always parping on about her daughters sign language skills and baby yoga and how special she is etc (the child is not even two yet). Guess what? Your child is fuucking thoroughly average, just like you!

A non progeny one annoyed me this morning though - someone updated their status and said, "Just voted" - ??? I feel like commenting, "congratulations, you are over 18 and have exercised your right to vote. What do you want, a fuucking medal?

Also got majorly taken by surprise when a guy I once knew who identified as a lesbian trapped in a woman's body (I kid you not) posted that his wife is pregnant....my head couldn't cope at that hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

[

A non progeny one annoyed me this morning though - someone updated their status and said, "Just voted" - ??? I feel like commenting, "congratulations, you are over 18 and have exercised your right to vote. What do you want, a fuucking medal?

]Only a matter of time before someone posts when they have a.................no stop, I am becoming one:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    [

]Only a matter of time before someone posts when they have a.................no stop, I am becoming one:(

Same guy who posted about his pregnany wife today also posted when they got married: just carried her over the threshold... aren't you supposed to have sex after that? Not update your status? Poor girl :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Some objects, normally seen as useful being referred to as a 'kit'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Some objects, normally seen as useful being referred to as a 'kit'

I've never understood that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

'Lifehacking'

What a stupid fúcking phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Every election some civil servant/ returning officer is rolled out on radio instructing us all how to place an 'x' in the appropriate place on one's ballot paper so the vote isn't spoiled really if people can't put an x in the appropriate space on a simple ballot paper the morons deserve not to have their votes counted !

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

If I get anyway disturbed whilst sitting on the Loo I get really annoyed, so much so I really surprise myself with how angry it gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

I'm stuck in a hospital waiting room with a kid that the whole world actually revolves around. Talking talking talking spuing any oul crap! And it smells like he ate dog **** for breakfast. DOES THIS QUALIFY?!!! ARGGGGGHHHH!

Excessive packaging can sometimes mean that 100 widgets only cost twice as much as a packet of 10, a real pain when you want 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I bought a scissors today and it's in a plastic casing.....cannot open the damn thing! Have to wait til my neighbour to come home to borrow her scissors to free mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I bought a scissors today and it's in a plastic casing.....cannot open the damn thing! Have to wait til my neighbour to come home to borrow her scissors to free mine!!!

The Lifehacks thread sometimes show those annoying packs being easily opened with a can opener, depends on the pack though I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The fact that dole scroungers who've never worked a day in their lives and who have no intention of ever working get a free bus pass and students don't. That feckin bus ticket cleans me out every month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

The fact that dole scroungers who've never worked a day in their lives and who have no intention of ever working get a free bus pass and students don't. That feckin bus ticket cleans me out every month :(

afaik people on the dole dont get a free travel pass, that just for pensioners

afaik people on the dole dont get a free travel pass, that just for pensioners

I'm fairly sure they do. I see a lot of young and healthy (some of them stand on the bus) getting in with their pass. Mostly junkies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I'm fairly sure they do. I see a lot of young and healthy (some of them stand on the bus) getting in with their pass. Mostly junkies.

I had a look because i wasnt sure meself, you get a travel pass if you are disabled or elderly or a carer. Not as a standard dole recipeint

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/extra_social_welfare_benefits/free_travel.html

I had a look because i wasnt sure meself, you get a travel pass if you are disabled or elderly or a carer. Not as a standard dole recipeint

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/extra_social_welfare_benefits/free_travel.html

There must be a crazy amount of non disabled people claiming disability then so :/ the amount of people I see doing it, theres no way all of them have a real hidden disability.

If I had recently lost my job and was on the dole ,having paid my tax for years to fund student education I would be more than trivially annoyed that my tax euros had not been spent well !

Oops69 wrote: »
    If I had recently lost my job and was on the dole ,having paid my tax for years to fund student education I would be more than trivially annoyed that my tax euros had not been spent well !

How is spending tax money on education not spending it wisely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Sorry if its been mentioned but heard it today and it annoyed me again..."no bothers"....nooooooo its no bother or not a bother or any other combination minus the s.

How is spending tax money on education not spending it wisely?

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There must be a crazy amount of non disabled people claiming disability then so :/ the amount of people I see doing it, theres no way all of them have a real hidden disability.

They are probably suffering from labouraphobia, (morbid fear of work). It's very common and completely incureable. Many sufferers have endured long sessions of therapy in pubs and betting shops but the results are not encouraging. :rolleyes:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    They are probably suffering from labouraphobia, (morbid fear of work). It's very common and completely incureable. Many sufferers have endured long sessions of therapy in pubs and betting shops but the results are not encouraging. :rolleyes:

I support this theory :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

Shouldn't that be an incapacitated allowance as they're usually unable to know their arses from their elbows!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement