Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

fussyonion wrote: »
    A real Canadian person! I LOVE Canada!
    What part of Canada?

I have friends in Canada!

Are ya moving here? When?

Not a stalker, I swear.

I lived there too, it's awesome :) Was there a few months ago for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I lived there too, it's awesome :) Was there a few months ago for a visit.

What part of Canada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

A real Canadian person! I LOVE Canada!
    What part of Canada?

I have friends in Canada!

Are ya moving here? When?

Not a stalker, I swear.

Stoney Creek, Ontario. It's just east of Hamilton.

I'm hoping to move there within the next 5 years.
    Got some things to get out of the way here first.
    Before that I do want to visit...next summer with luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

What part of Canada?

We're going severely off topic but Toronto. Everybody should go there!!

The woman knows our lingo!

I watch a lot of tv from England. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cool! I know people in Windsor and Edmonton.
    Feel free to PM me if you need any help with your visit to our city :)

We're going severely off topic but Toronto. Everybody should go there!!

I agree. I was born in good old TO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

House swap? You come here, I'll go there, it'll be brilliant!* :D

*You'll have to put up with my wife though :p

On-topic of trivial annoyances:

"Panties"... *shudders* :(

They're knickers for Christ sake, or underwear, or thongs, or french boxers, or briefs, anything but that horribly child-like word! I can hack a lot of Americanisms, but that's one that had me clenching my teeth as I struggled to read the FSOG trilogy while resisting the urge to want to fcuk them in the shredder!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Attending a match and it starts raining. And if that's not bad enough the ignorant prick in front of me

puts up a dirty big golf umbrella! I mean how fukkin ignorant is that? Wear a cap or an anorak or a hoody

like the rest of us or else plss off up the back with yer stupid umbrella! This behaviour at matches absolutely infuriates me!

I felt like stickin his umbrella up his h0le and pulling it down open!!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    House swap? You come here, I'll go there, it'll be brilliant!* :D

*You'll have to put up with my wife though :p

She might welcome the change and I always leave the seat down. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

When my ma separates my teabags. This is a two bag house and when she does it, I have to either separate them all or throw the individual one out :mad:

Eh... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you manage to arrive early at lectures (because you sprinted from work) and get a nice seat not too near the front, not too near the back, with a free seat in front so you can see the lecturer...and then some idiot arrives late and plonks themself down on the seat in front... :mad: Feel like stabbing them with my pen when that happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I hate it when I Google a random product, and then adverts for that very same product start popping up on every website I click on...kinda creepy.

That's how google ads work. They use your search history to populate ads. You can turn it off in your google settings age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When men pee directly into the toilet water! The feckin noise of it!

Or when women pee directly into toilet water! The feckin noise of that.

By the by, when you say toilet water, I presume you mean the liquid in the toilet and not the little bottle of perfumey stuff some grannies wear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Billy de Bollix

Loose 1 thumbtack at christmas in the house taking down decorations. Find it with your heel mid Jan. What a swine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

When people complain about people complaining.

When people complain about people complaining about people complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Overflow wrote: »
    When people complain about people complaining about people complaining

Bus error. Core dumped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

people linking to ****ing mobile versions of sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

gogglebox: a tv show about people watching tv shows - this is surely the beginning of an Idiocracy future?

VERY trivial, I know. People who refer to all vacuum cleaners as "Hoovers". To me its like calling all cars Fords.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

in bewleys this mrning for wat i thought to be a quiet cappocino and some brekky. Ordered stuff got cofee from friendly waitress etc. Next thing these middle age ladies sat down the table behind my back. They both started giving out to each other quite audibly about their individual experiences in morning rush hour, and how bad it is now on Monday in Dublin as well as on Fridays. One of them, poor dear had to wait twenty minutes make a turn. That chat was going to go on and on lime that. Bolted my croissant and danish - paid nice bewleys staff and left half my coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I heard this word again tonight and it makes my bile boil. Everything about this word is wrong. The meaning, the history, the manner in which it is said and the retarded buffoons who say it.

The word is....

BLING.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I heard this word again tonight and it makes my bile boil. Everything about this word is wrong. The meaning, the history, the manner in which it is said and the retarded buffoons who say it.

The word is....

BLING.

and its inbred cousin 'swagga'

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    VERY trivial, I know. People who refer to all vacuum cleaners as "Hoovers". To me its like calling all cars Fords.

And people who ask me to "plug the kettle etc out", who then look at me as if I am insane when I say "Unplug"

Anyone know a quick treatment for a scalded head:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

And people who ask me to "plug the kettle etc out", who then look at me as if I am insane when I say "Unplug"

Assuming this is for the person asking you to plug it out, I'd suggest pushing the head down the toilet and flushing a few times should do the job.

seagull wrote: »
    Assuming this is for the person asking you to plug it out, I'd suggest pushing the head down the toilet and flushing a few times should do the job.

Nope, mine is the head in question. It was my missus asking to plug it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Red tape bureaucracy. Trivial little thing that is majorly annoying.

Came across an article in the paper today about a disgruntled Tesco customer ( is there any other sort) who phoned head office in Dun Laoghaire only to be told they don't accept phone calls and was transferred to a call centre in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Came across an article in the paper today about a disgruntled Tesco customer ( is there any other sort) who phoned head office in Dun Laoghaire only to be told they don't accept phone calls and was transferred to a call centre in Cardiff

I hope the Cardiff centre transfered him somewhere else :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭paulbok

People who switch off the socket that an appliance is plugged into. If you're that worried about the kettle exploding despite being switched off itself, plug it out unplug it, don't leave it sabotaged for the next user to be waiting for ages for it to boil only to discover it's not powered.

Similiarly, parents (mine) who go crazy unplugging everything in the house if there is lightning despite the ammount of circuit breakers & fuses protecting the appliance, yet leave the tv aerial connected despite the other end of it sitting at the top of a steel pole that is the highest object around their house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement