Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

That Lenor ad on TV where they put a bed in the middle of LA and get people to smell the sheets and everyone is so surprised that they were washed 7 days ago. What fills me with rage is the bit where the man says "oh it''s Lenor" but his lips says a completely different word. Obviously Lenor is called something else in the States and they were too scabby to make another ad or to have the foresight to also film him saying the word Lenor. It drives me mad. It's just so obvious looking. Yes, I'm a bit sad, I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That Lenor ad on TV where they put a bed in the middle of LA and get people to smell the sheets and everyone is so surprised that they were washed 7 days ago. What fills me with rage is the bit where the man says "oh it''s Lenor" but his lips says a completely different word. Obviously Lenor is called something else in the States and they were too scabby to make another ad or to have the foresight to also film him saying the word Lenor. It drives me mad. It's just so obvious looking. Yes, I'm a bit sad, I know :)

This has annoyed me too!

I Googled "Lenor America" and apparently, it's called Downy over there, which makes sense now when you see your man mouthing the word.

I hate how they've dubbed it and I HATE that guy with the hat that says "I'll sleep right here right now!

Could you imagine if they did this in Dublin?
    "Ah jaysus dat's lurverly and soft, isn't it?"
    "Ma, we need to leggit down to Tesco and get some"

They're so over-the-top on American ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

people who park in the yellow boxes and clearly get all offended when you beep at the *****.

utter stupidity.

Love that you googled it! I did think he was saying Downey because his lips mouth the word so clearly and I had heard of the brand!

Scabby Lenor, I won't be buying you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Or the febreeze ad where the woman says 'oh it's febreezzzzzee':mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

why are all the actors on these lenor/febreze etc etc adverts so blatantly terrible? it's like you couldn't find a worse actor than some of them. I could do a better job!

A friend of mine has been staying at my place for the past few weeks. It was originally only going to be for a few days but it's closing in on a month and he doesn't seem in a hurry to move on. I don't mind and he can stay as long as he wants but over the past week or so I've begun to notice all the small things about him that really annoy me.

He has a habit of using the last of the milk and saying nothing about it. I went to make a cup of tea the other day and after I'd made the tea realised that we had no milk, he'd used the last of it up on some cereal and tea. What annoyed me the most was the fact that he'd been to the shop since finishing the milk off and didn't bother to pick any up which brings me on to the second annoyance. He heads to the shop all the time and never asks if I want anything. Any time I've lived with people, if one person went to the shop they would nearly always ask the other people in the house if they wanted anything. It's a small thing but an annoying one.

Since moving in my friend has contributed very little. He gave some money for ESB which was nice of him but considering that brought his plug in heater from home and runs it all the time he really should give a good bit more toward the bills. Still I suppose at least it's something as every few days he'll tell me how he's going to grab some beers for me or buy this or that as his way of saying thank you. Bar some cheese and a liter of milk he hasn't made good on that promise. At the cinema today he spent over 5 euro on pick and mix and didn't even offer me a single one during the film. I know it's a small thing but it annoyed me no end as over the past weeks I've had no issue problem letting him eat my food.

His habit of sleeping till 4 in the afternoon and then spending the next hour or so walking around in a daze and looking like he's just woken up also annoys me no end. For those two hours after walking up he interacts through grunts and nods of his head rather than through words.

One more and I'm done but he has a horrible habit of laughing at the most random of things. It's really bad when he's watching a film, he's easily amused and will fall around the place delivering the most forced sounding laughter you will ever hear. Yet when he watches the Big Lebowski or South Park he just sits there slouched over with a gormless expression on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

fussyonion wrote: »
    This has annoyed me too!

I Googled "Lenor America" and apparently, it's called Downy over there, which makes sense now when you see your man mouthing the word.

I hate how they've dubbed it and I HATE that guy with the hat that says "I'll sleep right here right now!

Could you imagine if they did this in Dublin?
    "Ah jaysus dat's lurverly and soft, isn't it?"
    "Ma, we need to leggit down to Tesco and get some"

They're so over-the-top on American ads.

The one who annoys me most is the woman who shouts "Gimme!" and tries to grab the bottle. As if anyone would do that... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

When you transfer money from your AIB current account to your AIB Visa card and the money disappears immediately from your current account and doesn't show up in the Visa account until the following day.....or a few days later if you transfer outside working hours.

I mean - where did it go?:confused:

why are all the actors on these lenor/febreze etc etc adverts so blatantly terrible? it's like you couldn't find a worse actor than some of them. I could do a better job!

Oh yeah, the Febreeze one where they're in a manky toilet is awful too - that D4 type guy that does the little dance with his hands when he's telling them it smells like flowers or whatever drives me mad - it's just weird!

and yes the "gimme" lady is awful too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Or the febreeze ad where the woman says 'oh it's febreezzzzzee' Ziggy

thought that was a dude?!

also annoyed by people who judge how you feed / raise your children. They either have no children themselves or have raised little s@*theaded Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

A friend of mine has been staying at my place for the past few weeks. It was originally only going to be for a few days but it's closing in on a month and he doesn't seem in a hurry to move on. I don't mind and he can stay as long as he wants but over the past week or so I've begun to notice all the small things about him that really annoy me.

He has a habit of using the last of the milk and saying nothing about it. I went to make a cup of tea the other day and after I'd made the tea realised that we had no milk, he'd used the last of it up on some cereal and tea. What annoyed me the most was the fact that he'd been to the shop since finishing the milk off and didn't bother to pick any up which brings me on to the second annoyance. He heads to the shop all the time and never asks if I want anything. Any time I've lived with people, if one person went to the shop they would nearly always ask the other people in the house if they wanted anything. It's a small thing but an annoying one.

Since moving in my friend has contributed very little. He gave some money for ESB which was nice of him but considering that brought his plug in heater from home and runs it all the time he really should give a good bit more toward the bills. Still I suppose at least it's something as every few days he'll tell me how he's going to grab some beers for me or buy this or that as his way of saying thank you. Bar some cheese and a liter of milk he hasn't made good on that promise. At the cinema today he spent over 5 euro on pick and mix and didn't even offer me a single one during the film. I know it's a small thing but it annoyed me no end as over the past weeks I've had no issue problem letting him eat my food.

His habit of sleeping till 4 in the afternoon and then spending the next hour or so walking around in a daze and looking like he's just woken up also annoys me no end. For those two hours after walking up he interacts through grunts and nods of his head rather than through words.

One more and I'm done but he has a horrible habit of laughing at the most random of things. It's really bad when he's watching a film, he's easily amused and will fall around the place delivering the most forced sounding laughter you will ever hear. Yet when he watches the Big Lebowski or South Park he just sits there slouched over with a gormless expression on his face.

dude, you need to bin this guy, and tell him hes not "worth it"

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

For some reason I really hate those 'on tonight's show/coming up after the break' segments on television. I'm planning on watching the show, like, so why are you spoiling it for me? I always mute and close my eyes until it's safe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

What really annoys me is when people say "pacific" when they mean "specific". I die a little more inside each time I hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

The one who annoys me most is the woman who shouts "Gimme!" and tries to grab the bottle. As if anyone would do that... :mad:

My six year old loves that part:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Losing a guitar pick...

razorgil wrote: »

dude, you need to bin this guy, and tell him hes not "worth it"

He's not the worst and is the kinda guy that as cheap as he can be will also be the first to lend you some money if you need it and he has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Filling the water up too high in a cup of instant noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Losing a guitar pick...

Losing a guitar pick... in the sound-hole of the guitar :P

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the Febreeze one where they're in a manky toilet is awful too - that D4 type guy that does the little dance with his hands when he's telling them it smells like flowers or whatever drives me mad - it's just weird!

and yes the "gimme" lady is awful too.

OMG yes!
    It both annoys and amuses me at times.
    My Mam reckons the guy's trying to do a Hawaaian style dance, but failing miserably.
    "Hawaai or sumting like dat" GRRRRR!!!

And yes that woman who says "Oh, it's Febrezzzzzzzzzzzze" is also extremely irritating. Her voice reminds me of someone else-Julian Clary?

The woman in the Lenor ad (or Downy, as we've now established), saying GIMMIE makes me want to punch my TV.
    She looks like an overgrown baby trying to be cute, but she ISN'T!

• Advertisement

I've just thought of more.
    On FM104, when certain songs are starting, a jingle will play-one of the staff at the station singing along to the beginning but changing the words to "FM104".
    I heard it JUST NOW as Marina and the Diamonds "Primadonna Girl" was starting; there's someone singing along to the tune but the words are "FM104, hey, Strawberry Clockos".
    REALLY annoying.

Also, and I've said this before but I don't care; Jeremy Dixon and Adrian Kennedy sharing private jokes on air, laughing to themselves, not telling the listener.

They've also gotten into this habit of pretending to thick as sh1t and asking listeners to text in answers to the most stupid/easiest questions.
    "Adrian, what was the name of that group in the 90's?
    You know, with Posh Spice?"
    "Oh I don't know Jeremy, I don't know what you're talking about".

"Text in if you know the answer everyone, I can't think of it"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Caoilinn. wrote: »
    When groups of say 3 or 4 four people are walking on the footpath, blocking you from being able to walk past them.It annoys the fùck outta me

Pretend to throw up in your mouth and run straight towards them with hand over 'bursting' mouth. They'll move out of the way quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I drive a bike. I live in Ireland. It drives me bat **** crazy when I arrive into work, after battling through really **** weather, and somebody says to me "Did you get wet?" It makes me want to throw them through the window.

Someone eating with their mouth wide open and speaking with food in their mouth.

People that don't close doors after themselves. No matter how many times you get up as they're leaving a room and close the door after them or actually ask them to close the door, they still don't bother.

People who say "first world problem" before complaining that they lost their hairbrush or they can't find €20 to get Dominos, just so they sound self-deprecating. You don't, you just sound like a muppet.

I believe u mean "cycle" a bike, not drive. You dont drive a plane or cycle a boat. That annoys me

Cyclists annoy me, i really can stand cyclists. I thought i just hated them CYCLING, but this has confirmed that i also hate their posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Maybe you need to set down some rules. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

The woman in the Lenor ad (or Downy, as we've now established), saying GIMMIE makes me want to punch my TV.
    She looks like an overgrown baby trying to be cute, but she ISN'T!

Oh thank GOD someone else sees it. It drives me mad!! When she comes on the tele there is a chorus in my house of 'oh look Minty, there's your friend!'

I actually think I hate her but thats probably because she reminds me of my boss who does the trying-to-be-cute-but-just-looks-pathetic thing ALL THE TIME!

IK09 wrote: »
    I believe u mean "cycle" a bike, not drive. You dont drive a plane or cycle a boat. That annoys me

Cyclists annoy me, i really can stand cyclists. I thought i just hated them CYCLING, but this has confirmed that i also hate their posts

Pixiebean drives a motorbike iirc.

I'm sure she'll accept your apology though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Losing a guitar pick... in the sound-hole of the guitar :P

I always buy half a dozen at a time. You lose them one by one over a period of months but at one stage you're down to two and you think 'I'd better buy some more' ... and in about 24 hours they're both gone.
    Caoilinn. wrote: »
    When groups of say 3 or 4 four people are walking on the footpath, blocking you from being able to walk past them.It annoys the fùck outta me

I seem to be one of those people that people feel as if they can just barge through me. If I can see they're being particularly inconsiderate, I might stop on the spot and pull out my phone like I just got a text. Feck 'em! If they were set on shoving me out of the way, they can bloody well get some exercise walking around me instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

my apologise pixiebean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

aknitter wrote: »
    Or the febreeze ad where the woman says 'oh it's febreezzzzzee' Ziggy

thought that was a dude?!

And yes that woman who says "Oh, it's Febrezzzzzzzzzzzze" is also extremely irritating. Her voice reminds me of someone else-Julian Clary?

It's a tough call but I do think it's a woman and yes she does sound like Julian Clary!
    She has a facebook page :D:eek: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=358172484277259&set=pb.358172280943946.-2207520000.1359541958&type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

People getting the lift to the 1st floor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement