Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

All the Love/Hate chatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The word "eatery" to describe some restaurants/places that serve food. Where did that come from?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

UTV news is there ever any good news on it or is it just all sectarian bull****,kneecappings,pipe bombs,parades and protests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The word "eatery" to describe some restaurants/places that serve food. Where did that come from?!

Where else? America.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I hope the Cardiff centre transfered him somewhere else :pac:

probably did, India :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well I know with youtibe it keeps it free but ryanair?

Can you not read?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

iPhone/itouch/iPad charger cables are so short apple have so much money yet that can't make the cables longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

All the Love/Hate chatter.
    +1, stupid name for a programme too. I don't care how good it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Irish radio stations announcing 'and now COMPetition every five minutes - you can't escape flicking the tuning FM dial in Dublin.
    F*cK off with you competition. I don'nt want to play and don't want to win wats on offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

I shudder to think how a massage parlour/Brothel would be described...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I shudder to think how a massage parlour/Brothel would be described...

Wánkery / Fúckery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

UTV news is there ever any good news on it or is it just all sectarian bull****,kneecappings,pipe bombs,parades and protests?

I watch ITV because I find UTV so depressing.
    The annoying ads, the accent (sorry but I hate it), the news, the dullness of it all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

fussyonion wrote: »
    The annoying ads, the accent (sorry but I hate it), the news, the dullness of it all.

Julian is enough of a reason to never, ever, ever watch UTV.... as well as all the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

iPhone/itouch/iPad charger cables are so short apple have so much money yet that can't make the cables longer.

This is because its bad for the battery to use your phone while its charging

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GAA commentators who refer to players by their nickname at every opportunity as if they are best pals. E.g. "The ball goes down to Kevin "Chucky" Hayes" or "The Gooch has the ball now."

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mars Bar wrote: »
    GAA commentators who refer to players by their nickname at every opportunity as if they are best pals. E.g. "The ball goes down to Kevin "Chucky" Hayes" or "The Gooch has the ball now."

Ugh

Ever see urbandictionary.com's first definition for "Gooch"? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ever see urbandictionary.com's first definition for "Gooch"? :pac::pac::pac:

Do I want to?!

fussyonion wrote: »

I hate when that guy, Julian comes on before Coronation Street and starts his aul wan style blather...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jake1 wrote: »
    I hate when that guy, Julian comes on before Coronation Street and starts his aul wan style blather...

He's part of the reason UTV looks so dated.
    He's sitting there in front of a boring blue screen, in a dated suit and an old fashioned hair style, telling us what's coming up next.
    Switch to ITV and see the difference.

I also hate those STUPID Hughes Insurance ads with the cross-dressing man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

UTV has really depressing car crash ads on as well. ITV has nicer ads. Makes the Downton Abbey/Vera experience all the more pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is that guy still doing that? sweet jesus " Wellll nnaooow it's ALL kicking off at the Rovers so it iss naaaow!"

That little **** (son of Jo & Dirmish) in Fair City, he reminds me of the kid from The Omen, spawn of Satan for sure.

Errrrrrr, its part of a college course I am doing, actually my husband watchs it and make me sit thru it:(

krudler wrote: »
    Is that guy still doing that? sweet jesus " Wellll nnaooow it's ALL kicking off at the Rovers so it iss naaaow!"

EXACTLY !! :) and its like nails down a blackboard....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EXACTLY !! :) and its like nails down a blackboard....:p

Nordie accents are awful anyway, worst accent in the world hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Errrrrrr, its part of a college course I am doing, actually my husband watchs it and make me sit thru it:(

That borders on mental torture. Grounds for divorce! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

That borders on mental torture. Grounds for divorce! :D

Yeah , and he's doing a masters on xfactor and a phd on coronation street:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement