Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

UTV has really depressing car crash ads on as well. ITV has nicer ads. Makes the Downton Abbey/Vera experience all the more pleasant!

"Just one look was all it tooooooook..you were driving too fast to cope with the unexpected..never ever drink and drive."

And that other one with all the people saying "Every drink (something something) that crashes." With the coffin shaped pint.
    How come ITV doesn't show these ads?

I also hate the Northern Ireland-based ads for the likes of Lunn's the Jeweller's and The Spinning Wheel.

They're basically just cheaply made ads with a blank screen, clip-art images and boring Nordie voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oops69 wrote: »
    Yeah , and he's doing a masters on xfactor and a phd on coronation street:D

Hubby wont let me watch those, they are on when I am ironing, and he is very fussy about his underwear being ironed properly, so no distractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Yet I would take their simplicity any day over the poor low quality CGI animations like what Cost plus sofas were using. "BED'S BANJAXED!"

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember, always a sort of BBC accent, and the Restaurant was always in Parnell St or Talbot St

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Do you mean cinema ads from 1983, or are there actually still ads like this shown in cinemas outside Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I dont think there is enough thread space to list ALL the things that bug me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Petrol stations with signs blathering on about "Low-Cost Fuel Deals!!". So I take it the craic is, I stroll in and say something like, "Well sham, here's what I'll do witcha: fifty litres of Unleaded 95, €80! Am I to take it from your blank look that it's not that kind of operation, in other words far from offering "deals" you're exactly the same as any other forecourt in the country? Yeah? Fúck you!!".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

It's raining , on a narrow pavement , you make eye contact with a person facing you coming the other way with a big ignorant supersize me golf umbrella , does she /he move the umbrella to the side ? , No, the big selfish ignoramus puts the umbrella down in front of him /her basically trying to ram you out of the way and soaking you even more in the process , stupid b****!/b*****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's raining , on a narrow pavement , you make eye contact with a person facing you coming the other way with a big ignorant supersize me golf umbrella , does she move the umbrella to the side ? , No, the big selfish ignoramus puts the umbrella down in front of her basically trying to ram you out of the way and soaking you even more in the process , stupid b****!

1. grab umbrella
    2. Close it.
    3. Insert firmly in offending person's bottom.
    4. Open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    1. grab umbrella
    2. Close it.
    3. Insert firmly in offending person's bottom.
    4. Open it.

5. Pull it back down.

:D

It's raining , on a narrow pavement , you make eye contact with a person facing you coming the other way with a big ignorant supersize me golf umbrella , does she /he move the umbrella to the side ? , No, the big selfish ignoramus puts the umbrella down in front of him /her basically trying to ram you out of the way and soaking you even more in the process , stupid b****!/b*****!

Almost as bad as the aul wans with those tartan ****en trollies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

But not anymore? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The ongoing Miley Cyrus v Sinead O'Connor spat

Both of them need to just get over themselves. Even worse are the media editors who consider such crap worthy of publication

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The ongoing Miley Cyrus v Sinead O'Connor spat

Both of them need to just get over themselves. Even worse are the media editors who consider such crap worthy of publication

Unfortunately the world is now full of people who care about this type of spat.

Not a trivial thing, but earlier on the radio, the announcer said " and later, we will have Marty in for Derek, after Joe". and image I will take to the grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When people change wikipedia articles because they think it is funny. It stopped being funny years ago.
    Case in point: Bones (Tv series) episode descriptions:
    Booth proposes to Brennan, who accepts and they have a four way with cam and Angela and some oral sex

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Hubby wont let me watch those, they are on when I am ironing, and he is very fussy about his underwear being ironed properly, so no distractions.

The way steam irons make your mascara run, and my perm goes all frizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I have two hoodys i cant bear wearing anymore they have brass or nickel zips or some alloy and they give off a nasty metallic smell which transfers to your hand when ya zip it up. Really bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

A poster on boards called Scofflaw

Always puts

Cordially,
    Scofflaw

At the end of each post.

Dont know why?? but ****ing irritates me sooooooooooo much.

The CORDIALLY PART :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

This is because its bad for the battery to use your phone while its charging

Loads of other phones have much longer cables or is it just a apple thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    A poster on boards called Scofflaw

Always puts

Cordially,
    Scofflaw

At the end of each post.

Dont know why?? but ****ing irritates me sooooooooooo much.

The CORDIALLY PART :mad::mad::mad::mad:

oooooh yeah I noticed that! Probably get banned for this but there is also one who signs off "moderately" and that too is annoying (and trivial) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

scofflaw is the one who signs off moderately, it's if he's doing stuff moderately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

scofflaw is the one who signs off moderately, it's if he's doing stuff moderately

but but but...... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The way Miriam O Callaghan pronounces her name ,as in "its good bye from Meeeeriam" , I know it's her name and that but I'm sure her mother didn't pronounce it like that!, it's all about me,me ,me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The way Miriam O Callaghan pronounces her name ,as in "its good bye from Meeeeriam" , I know it's her name and that but I'm sure her mother didn't pronounce it like that!, it's all about me,me ,me!

Don't speak ill of Miriam.

• Advertisement

Leg humpin dogs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement