Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I actually once saw a dog hump a guys leg until it blew it's load all over the poor c*nts school uniform trousers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Whitehorse

People who buy a bar of chocolate and only eat half and then put the rest away for later or worse still the next day.

Whitehorse wrote: »
    People who buy a bar of chocolate and only eat half and then put the rest away for later or worse still the next day.

And then complain when I someone eats it...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Whitehorse

Or eat two squares a day and make it last for 4 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I still have 5.5 easter eggs left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Leg humpin dogs

A friend of mine had a rescue dog, German shepard/Ridgeback X breed, huge dog and very cross, always humping visitors. She took it to the vet and asked whats the best thing for the visitor to do when this big angry dog clamps on their knee. Vet looked at the dog and said " In this case, best thing to do was fake an orgasm":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I try that occasionally but never quite manage it. The few times I'm successful though, it's like Christmas finding half a bar of chocolate I'd forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

I still have 5.5 easter eggs left.

That's just wrong. LOL :)

Chocolate hasn't got a chance for survival in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Aul fellas that reek of wee. What is it about some of the old farming chaps and their seeming inability to use a washing machine? Got another one behind me in the supermarket this morning and I was trying not to breath so I wouldn't have to smell the stench of stale urine off his clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

ToughOne wrote: »
    Cyclists.

Lycra clad middle aged tour de france fuucken wannabees 5 abreast on a dual carriageway in the dark with no lights on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Aul fellas that reek of wee. What is it about some of the old farming chaps and their seeming inability to use a washing machine? Got another one behind me in the supermarket this morning and I was trying not to breath so I wouldn't have to smell the stench of stale urine off his clothes.

The female equivalent is fat, middle aged to elderly aul wans with flight socks, who smell of damp and mothballs. They usually carry around old shopping bags full of tat and have a glare that'd bleedin slice ya :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

When your in a waiting room in a doctors surgery or any waiting room for that matter. The table has a load of magazines stacked so people can pass the time. They are always full of womens vacuous magazines like Heat and Hello. Absolutely nothing for the men folk.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The female equivalent is fat, middle aged to elderly aul wans with flight socks, who smell of damp and mothballs. They usually carry around old shopping bags full of tat and have a glare that'd bleedin slice ya :eek:

And there's usually a framed photo of Jesus, or Pope JPII in said bag of tat..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Ireland's infrastructure... you got 3rd world countries with better ones...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

BeerWolf wrote: »

I was talking to a Lithuanian friend of mine the other day, and basically the general gist of it was that their economy is still in the shítter, even worse since the global financial meltdown, they've hardly a loaf of bread between them, but they have the best broadband infrastructure in the world -

Lithuania has the highest FTTH (Fiber to the home) penetration rate in Europe (18% in late 2009) according to FTTH Council Europe
    Lithuania is among countries having the fastest Internet connection in the world according to the results of Speedtest.net
    Lithuania has the fastest internet connection in the world according to the most recent data by netindex.com

In early 2009 at least two ISPs in Lithuania offered download speeds of up to 200 Mbit/s in their standard packages for home users.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_in_Lithuania

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was talking to a Lithuanian friend of mine the other day, and basically the general gist of it was that their economy is still in the shítter, even worse since the global financial meltdown, they've hardly a loaf of bread between them, but they have the best broadband infrastructure in the world -

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_in_Lithuania

Makes me cry, considering I can't even get proper broadband, and I'm just on the outskirts of Dublin !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Meet google fibre:

http://speedtest.net/result/2553119205.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Radio news bulletins:

Item 1: More recession misery
    Item 2: Sexual attack in X
    Item 3: Old lady killed in road traffic accident

aaaannnndddd in Entertainment, Justin Bieber was pictured getting carried up the Chinese Wall today, one onlooked described the scene as "ridiculous"

Red FM Cork I'm looking at you predominantly!

krudler wrote: »

I know of that - makes me tempted enough to move there! :pac:

Christ - they even got a FREE BROADBAND option at what I paid €45/month for...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I know of that - makes me tempted enough to move there! :pac:

Christ - they even got a FREE BROADBAND option at what I paid €45/month for...

Move to France. The crowd I'm with (Free) offer broadband and all the phonecalls you want to landlines (all of Europe, N. America, Japan and other rich countries) and mobiles (France) for €30/month.

Plus as a Free customer I get 2 hours of calls on my mobile for €2/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Just one look was all it tooooooook..you were driving too fast to cope with the unexpected..never ever drink and drive."

And that other one with all the people saying "Every drink (something something) that crashes." With the coffin shaped pint.
    How come ITV doesn't show these ads? <snip>

Another new one coming up about belting up in the back. For me these shock/horror adverts just don't work. I was a passenger in a bad head-on car crash and that slowed me down as a driver, not a TV advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The guy from the Danske bank ads with his 'reassuring ' Nordic accent that we can all supposedly trust , they're all the same , trust doesn't exist in banking .

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

iDave wrote: »
    When your in a waiting room in a doctors surgery or any waiting room for that matter. The table has a load of magazines stacked so people can pass the time. They are always full of womens vacuous magazines like Heat and Hello. Absolutely nothing for the men folk.

You get the occasional ancient copies of Shoot and Goal.
    "Ooooh, USSR vs Yugoslavia, that'll be a good game."

Another thing is when the info on the EPG has a generic description of the program, not a description of the episode, so you don't know if you've seen it already or not.

e.g. The Simpsons - More wacky adventures from our favourite Springfield family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Soccer players

Having been in Australia for nearly a year watching Aussie Rules, The Lions, Rugby League and Union all is good in sport.
    Real athletes playing a hard game with ferocity and passion.

Cut to the start if the Premier League. I forgot what a bunch off fukcin **** they are. I found myself getting angry at what they were doing, diving, chopsing at the ref.

I am disappointed in myself for forgetting how shallow and disgraceful these 'professionals' are. My fault and I only have myself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How slow people walk and manage clog up the paths no matter how wide they are. Also people standing in choke points talking or just doing nothing, zombies the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Is it just me or did Mcdonalds not used to have bendy straws with their milkshakes? Maybe I'm wrong.

Now they have straight non-bendy straws. I have to tilt either my beverage or my head to drink my milkshake.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I posted this in another thread, but...the fact that the 'chemist' now seems to be morphing into the 'pharmacist'.

What country are we living in, again?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread, but...the fact that the 'chemist' now seems to be morphing into the 'pharmacist'.

What country are we living in, again?.....

One that uses the correct words?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

How slow people walk and manage clog up the paths no matter how wide they are. Also people standing in choke points talking or just doing nothing, zombies the lot of them.
    When I go to overtake a slow person and they have some sixth sense that this is happening so veer off in the direction that I was trying to overtake them. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

probably been mentioned but asshole drivers that crawl around corners and put the boot down on straights :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement