Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I was badly cut off by a bus full of school children today. I think the driver could hear me raging. He pulled over and let me overtake him. Worse than a taxi driver. Was cut badly off by a cyclist who broke a stop line last week. I know the RSA say expect the unexpected but this is getting ridiculous I am I supposed to drive around at snails pace because of the lack of non speed related enforcement. There are no RotR other than the speed limit it seems around here.

-Put too many kids than seatbelts Okay
    -Cut off anyone Okay
    -Drive alone on a learners permit okay
    -Go 110 in a 100 on a straight ... You heathen burn. Think of the children!

Its trivial because it enrages me way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Teabags in the sink - in what way does this make sense. Why is this an accepted practice. Where is the logic. Someone please show me the logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

TV news correspondents that insist on calling the Gardaí, the gor-dee in their “I’ve been to university” accent. It’s an “A” for f**k sake.

Exempli gratia: The grass grows in your garden, not your gorden. Are we clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Teabags in the sink - in what way does this make sense. Why is this an accepted practice. Where is the logic. Someone please show me the logic.

There is no logic in putting teabags in the sink. We put ours in a small bowl next to the kettle which is completely logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Because when you throw out the remaining hot water from the kettle the teabags come out. A lot easier than fiddling around with a spoon to get them out..... I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Days 298 wrote: »
    Because when you throw out the remaining hot water from the kettle the teabags come out. A lot easier than fiddling around with a spoon to get them out..... I presume.

It doesn't take much effort to pick them up out of the sink and put them in the bin though, does it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ice Storm wrote: »
    When I go to overtake a slow person and they have some sixth sense that this is happening so veer off in the direction that I was trying to overtake them. :(

They do this on paths too. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    They do this on paths too. :mad:

Dogs are especially adept at it not only when you are walking or running but very good at it if you are cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Throwing the dregs of the coffee/tea cup in the clean sink, and then putting the cup in the dishwasher...aaaagh

TV news correspondents that insist on calling the Gardaí, the gor-dee in their “I’ve been to university” accent. It’s an “A” for f**k sake.

Pronounced "Grawss" ?

• Advertisement

Dogs are especially adept at it not only when you are walking or running but very good at it if you are cycling.

I find small kids are fuuckers for this too. That awkward moment when you're trying to pass them out and they keep weaving in and out! Trying hard not to look like you are going to knock them down in your hurry or walk slowly behind them like a creepy weirdo :eek:

I find small kids are fuuckers for this too. That awkward moment when you're trying to pass them out and they keep weaving in and out! Trying hard not to look like you are going to knock them down in your hurry or walk slowly behind them like a creepy weirdo :eek:

I nearly ploughed a kid out of it with a shopping trolley in Dunnes the other day, little f*cker kept on moving from side to side in front of me and his dopey cow of an oul one was oblivious to him. Could've given her a slap too :pac:

People who say, "oh hi" instead of just "hi" when you answer your phone... bizzare carry on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The obsession with the weather.
    Yes it's a bit colder in the mornings, it's nearly the middle of October. It does this every year, for as long I can remember. And yes it gets dark earlier too, which also happens every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Days 298 wrote: »

This sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Do you mean to say you put teabags in the kettle? Or by kettle do you mean teapot? If so, why do you throw out hot water from the teapot? By hot water do you mean tea? Why are you throwing out tea? Tea is the best. Drink your tea.

In any case, I should have specified - making a single cup of tea (i.e. a teabag in a cup) and scooping out the teabag into the sink is the illogical process to which I was referring. Why not skip the middle man and throw it in the bin? It's like peeling a banana and throwing the skin in the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

People that say like after every sentence or even more annoying when they write like after every sentence.

probably been mentioned but asshole drivers that crawl around corners and put the boot down on straights :mad:

yes, I know the one, same who, when you are driving at 60, they overtake and when in front of you drop to 50, and when you in turn overtake them to maintain your 60, they look at you as if you are mad, WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

In any case, I should have specified - making a single cup of tea (i.e. a teabag in a cup) and scooping out the teabag into the sink is the illogical process to which I was referring. Why not skip the middle man and throw it in the bin? It's like peeling a banana and throwing the skin in the sink.
    I rarely drink tea so I don't do this but I don't like the idea of putting a hot teabag in the bin :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i hate those telleshopping
    ballbags who are on tv at around 6 am in the morning, advertising **** like underwater electric razors, then saying stuff like 'if you order now will send you flexible toothbrush multitool

• Advertisement

i hate when in some city centres pedestrians think its okay to just walk across the road when the light is on green

i also hate the sound of my ballsack slapping my leg when i run fast down the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Toilet attendants. Getting sick of these guys staring at me for change just for ''assisting'' me in washing and drying my hands, something I could manage myself as a 2 year old. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Slags off someone for a pretentious 'university' accent. Uses Latin to get a condescending point across. Hmmmm.

i also hate the sound of my ballsack slapping my leg when i run fast down the stairs

And your mickey thump thumpin down the stairs behing you....hate that:pac:

Garzard wrote: »
    Toilet attendants. Getting sick of these guys staring at me for change just for ''assisting'' me in washing and drying my hands, something I could manage myself as a 2 year old. :mad:

Use all the deodorant and take all the lollies and chewing gum and a big stack of paper towels to dry your hands.

Then leave....

I actually got attacked by a toilet attendant one night in a pub. I had no change and told her I'd come back (and intended to). When I ran in to go before we left I forgot and she started screaming at me :eek:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And your mickey thump thumpin down the stairs behind you....hate that:pac:

:eek: The male anatomoy is clearly a mystery to me...:confused:

L'oreal. Every fuucking video I watch now on youtube. Great art begins with great colour. Fuuuuuck ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooff! :(

Use all the deodorant and take all the lollies and chewing gum and a big stack of paper towels to dry your hands.

Then leave....

I actually got attacked by a toilet attendant one night in a pub. I had no change and told her I'd come back (and intended to). When I ran in to go before we left I forgot and she started screaming at me :eek:

Last time I actually gave any money to a toilet attendant was at least ten years ago in a dive of a night club in Ashbourne. Washed my hands, gave him a euro, sprayed on some deodorant, went to take some aftershave and he said "That's €2", well f*ck you pal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

L'oreal. Every fuucking video I watch now on youtube. Great art begins with great colour. Fuuuuuck ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooff! :(

adblock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement