Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

wHEN yOU aRE tYping a sENTANCE aND gET tHE cAPS lOCK bACKWARDS.

Does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ohh yeah, that reminds me -

Sorry for going on about it, my wife tells me to shut up too, complete technophobe :o

I am a complete luddite, but if the Lotto comes my way, I am hiring this guy:P

When nobody has anything trivial to piss them off.................is the world gone perfect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    When nobody has anything trivial to piss them off.................is the world gone perfect?

Indeed, I was just thinking that Boards is really boring today... I dont even have any annoying bus stories - in fact I was the trivial annoyance to my fellow passengers today lol

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Indeed, I was just thinking that Boards is really boring today... I dont even have any annoying bus stories - in fact I was the trivial annoyance to my fellow passengers today lol

You can't leave that hanging there! Do tell...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Two I saw today that reminded me how much they annoy me:

People pressing the pedestrian crossing button repeatedly and the way when it doesn't change some start bashing the crap out of it. No it really isn't going to make the light change any quicker!

People at work putting their take-out coffee cups in the recycling bin with coffee still in them. Ditto sometimes with water bottles. :(

Oh, and a third one: Security vans that drive up and down pedestrian streets like they own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

People at a checkout that are told the total and then go looking for the money. Did they expect it for free? Worst culprit in Dunnes a few weeks back was told the total and it might have been 50 odd Euro and she went rooting through her pockets and pulled out a 20 then went to her jacket (had a few pockets) and pulled out a 10 then realised she didn't have enough then started giving back what she didn't really need... She got there in the end as I lost the will to live. Tip: Bring enough money to cover what you are going to buy. It's not f**king rocket science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

People who chew their chewing gum really loudly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When your in tescos at the self checkout and you get "unexpected item in baggage area" like at the end if you've just put your bag or purse there for a second .

Another one today I got was "please place item on baggage belt" (something like that) the item was already there but just rolled down to the end and it wouldn't let me scan until I put the item back onto the belt.
    I like self checkouts but the voices are very annoying .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

What really grinds my gears. Anyone who wears a high viz jacket with the word STAFF or Security written on it, carries a set of keys attached to their belt, a walkie talkie and/or a clip board. nuff said.

A 'filum crew' who get an area cordoned off on a street so they can shoot something for RTE or TG4, who the hell do they think they are?

Calum Best.... who gives a rat's ass about this guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I like self checkouts but the voices are very annoying .

Have you ever tried getting through to a human being when calling ESB Electric? Bloody hell, I'd sooner call Three customer service, and that's really saying something! At least with Three, you can't understand a word and they can't understand you, but at least they're a human being, as opposed to-

"For <List of SEVEN options> say...", I interrupt the list to pick the option I want.

"Sorry, I didn't understand you. For help, say HELP".

"HELP"

"Sorry, I didn't understand you. For <List of SEVEN options again>, say..."

"HELP"

"Please hold the line while we transfer you to an operator... All our operators are busy at present, please hold..."

Good grief :(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

^^ Grr, I hate those automated telephone menus where you have to speak to select options! Especially when there are people around who can hear me. :o

A few times I rang Revenue when I was working in an open plan office and I was convinced everybody was listening to and laughing at me. It's even worse than having to leave a message on someone's voice mail. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

My xbox never connects to the internet the first time. It will fail all the tests. I must turn it off and back on again and then it will connect :mad: every single time!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Penneys throw-away trousers -
    Made by "throw away people". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

The treadmill annoys the pants off me. I cant seem to stop standing on the side and tripping!!! Its obviously my fault, crap at balancing anyway :(

Also, shoes like this, and the marks from the persons feet make me want to tear my skin off.
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/womens-7-UK-5-DR-MARTENS-brown-leather-open-toe-SANDALS-1-7-8-inch-heel-/00/s/MTIwNFgxNjAw/z/RmwAAOxyF81SBmvR/$T2eC16hHJHsFGl,Ve6FvBSBmvRNwTg~~60_35.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who won't move from the end of the check out fast enough. Now I usually like to get done in the supermarket as fast as is humanly possible, I hate shopping. When I've paid for my groceries and I've got a few items left to pack, I move my things to the other side of the checkout so the person behind me can pack their own things. It's just polite.

What really bugs the hell out of me is when people who have already packed their shopping stand right in the way pissing about moving items from one bag to another wtf. One of these days I will lose the plot and just let rip at someone about it. It's worse when they look right at you with a whatever look when they're doing it. It's usually bitter looking women in their late 50's and upwards who are the worst offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The offices in college. They are available to talk to for a total of 4 hours each day but they take a break from 12:30-2:30. The same time that the timetable tends to give students off so they can get lunch. They make banks look like someone that was excited to see you.

Speaking of banks I went into one today to lodge a cheque they had a row of machines for doing nearly everything. With all this automation why is it they still havent developed the technology to open after 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Getting off the Luas, let people get off before bundling in you idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The increasing number of sites that intercept links they host. Like google results now are a link to google that then redirects you to the site you want. Same on facebook. I don't know why but that petty intrusiveness infuriates me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

When you are in a 100km/hr zone and the car in front is doing 40km/hr (at a push) and you see the letters TDI on the rear of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

People sitting in the "fast" (overtaking) lane of a dual carriageway.

People not using the correct lanes for a roundabout.

Cashiers who put your change onto the counter instead of into your outstretched hand.

Tangled headphones.

People who get satisfaction out of talking about other people.

Hash-tags on Facebook. Facebook in general.

Rant over, for now :D

Drivers who wont cut L drivers a bit of slack.....The sort of asshole who cant remember that they had to learn drive as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

News stories that are not even new stories....simply about something trivial.... and should have not even made it in the papers/ online news website at all.

House alarms going off, especially on a Sunday morning. there is one is our estate that is constantly going on then off for a few mins, then back.

Bastards.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Cheerful morning people. Let me eat my breakfast in peace ffs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Noisy eaters, chew with your mouth closed ya dirty muck savage.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Noisy eaters, chew with your mouth closed ya dirty muck savage.

Hate this too!!! Who wants to hear people masticating like a heifer??

Shut yer pie holes when eating.

( see, that alarm has made me very cranky, no cheery good morning from me) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stinkycat

When you are at a checkout, and the cashier does not look at you or even acknowledge you OR persists to have a conversation with their colleague :mad::mad::mad: Does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

stinkycat wrote: »
    When you are at a checkout, and the cashier does not look at you or even acknowledge you OR persists to have a conversation with their colleague :mad::mad::mad: Does my head in

I actually prefer that ha, no "do you have this card, or are you collecting vouchers? do you want to sign up for a loyalty thing?" that's why Aldi is great, they say hi then tell you the total and that's it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement