Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

ian dempsey annoys a lot me when he repeats the chorus or main line from a song when it finishes playing.
    sometimes instead of even telling us what the song is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

ian dempsey annoys a lot me when he repeats the chorus or main line from a song when it finishes playing.
    sometimes instead of even telling us what the song is.

.... or when they talk over the end of a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Mario Rosenstock. How is he funny? Some of the voices he does are good, not great, just good. And I think the owners of Today FM must have had to build an extension onto their premises, to accommodate Iano's and Mario's ever burgeoning ego's.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mario Rosenstock. How is he funny? Some of the voices he does are good, not great, just good. And I think the owners of Today FM must have had to build an extension onto their premises, to accommodate Iano's and Mario's ever burgeoning ego's.

As an impressionist he's ok, you could find people who could do pretty good impressions of celebrities anywhere, it's mostly vocal mannerisms and tone. I can do a few half decent impressions, doesn't mean I should be famous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

I hate when someone sits beside me on the train with a Supermacs meal. The smell makes me gag. The smell fills the whole carriage.

Another day someone sat down with a salad sandwich with raw onions in it, I had to breath through my scarf. Yeuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

rosb wrote: »
    I hate when someone sits beside me on the train with a Supermacs meal. The smell makes me gag. The smell fills the whole carriage.

Another day someone sat down with a salad sandwich with raw onions in it, I had to breath through my scarf. Yeuk.

Was once on a bus on a roasting hot day when some gobsheen pulls out a tuna sandwich. The smell was so pungent I felt like I was eating it any time I took a breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

staying the night at someones house and you're sleeping on a couch thats smaller then you and your legs are hanging over the side. im wrecked today :(

staying the night at someones house and you're sleeping on a couch thats smaller then you and your legs are hanging over the side. im wrecked today :(

next time, bring one of these :)

http://www.thegoodguest.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I see that and raise you all of the above plus spending the night wondering what the smell is and being told in the morning that a bottle of salad cream had been spilled over it the week before. (yes it was a college house) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,618 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

being nice enough to let someone stay over in my house only to find them bitching about it the next day on a web forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

I've been away for a few years and it seems some words have disappeared from the English language like thank you seems to have been replaced by "nice one." E.g, "Have you got a €1 coin for a trolley for 2 50c?" "Here you go."...... "Nice one!" :confused:

Has "hello" been replaced by "story?" The Neanderthal that sired my niece's boys used to walk in the house and utter "story" to all present. How does this work? Do we tell him a story? "Once upon a time there were 3 little pigs..." :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Leroy42 wrote: »
    being nice enough to let someone stay over in my house only to find them bitching about it the next day on a web forum

Wasn't complaining about the hospitality, Its the trivial annoyance of sleeping on a couch im too tall for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Not being able to close my god dam wallet because there's too many 50's in it for **** sake. :(
    The maid forgot to iron my socks for the morning. :mad:
    One of my 3 super model girlfriends is after falling asleep because of exhaustion. :rolleyes:

Life sucks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not being able to close my god dam wallet because there's too many 50's in it for **** sake. :(
    One of my 3 super model girlfriends is after falling asleep because of exhaustion. :rolleyes:

Life sucks!!!

Too many 50's bud ?

I can ease that burden for you there, it will give you more time to berate the maid for messing up your socks this morning.

Feel you pain having to wear un-ironed socks, totally ruins a good outfit

Life sucks!!!
    Yes, those 50c coins are a bugger to fold. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

That TV License ad with the fellas feigning how great the punditry has gotten on sport recently. Yet it's clear they are not watching live TV but an internet stream/download. How do I know that? because the close up shows the control bar of Windows Media Player. Annoys me more than it should, don't they have someone to check things before they send it out?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

F*ckin' TWO carriage DART this morning. I'm actually considering writing to Leo Varadkar about it. Ridiculous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Boil kettle. Tea bag in cup. Pour into mug. Two spoons of sugar. Check fridge. No milk. NO MILK!!

F*ck it anyways ya bastards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

guttenberg wrote: »
    That TV License ad with the fellas feigning how great the punditry has gotten on sport recently. Yet it's clear they are not watching live TV but an internet stream/download. How do I know that? because the close up shows the control bar of Windows Media Player. Annoys me more than it should, don't they have someone to check things before they send it out?:mad:

If they are watching it on a tv it doesn't matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

F*ckin' TWO carriage DART this morning. I'm actually considering writing to Leo Varadkar about it. Ridiculous. :mad:

I think it is SIPTU you need to be writing to. They ordered their drivers not to check some connection to allow for longer darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The way Irish international footballer Darron Gibson spells his Christian name. What is that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Omackeral wrote: »
    The way Irish international footballer Darron Gibson spells his Christian name. What is that?!?

I always call your man darren brown I think it's derren... weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

People who cant see that you're upset and just leave you alone, instead they just keep at you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People who cant see that you're upset and just leave you alone, instead they just keep at you :(

Alright hon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

efb wrote: »
    Alright hon?

Im so emotional today, why are people so bloody mean?

Ugh, Ill be laughing in 10 minutes! :P thannks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Last night on the news the newsreader introduced the weatherman. Then he proceeded to tell us what he was going to talk about in the weather report and said 'see you in a moment'. Then they went to the intro sequence for the weather and then started the forecast.

Why couldn't they have just started the weather forecast directly without him telling us what he was going to do 30 seconds before he did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've been away for a few years and it seems some words have disappeared from the English language like thank you seems to have been replaced by "nice one." E.g, "Have you got a €1 coin for a trolley for 2 50c?" "Here you go."...... "Nice one!" :confused:

Has "hello" been replaced by "story?" The Neanderthal that sired my niece's boys used to walk in the house and utter "story" to all present. How does this work? Do we tell him a story? "Once upon a time there were 3 little pigs..." :confused:

Story bud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Facebook.

I'm very close to closing my account. Everything about it annoys me lately. It's basically just a platform on which you can live your life vicariously through other people's opinions of you. I'm even sick of my own profile. I only upload/share/post when I am drunk and either maudling or self-righteous so my profile is basically a shrine to my dead dog, my live dog and whatever ridiculous posts I've decided are worthy of sharing - bull**** propaganda about being pro-life, anti enda-kenny, ban fur farming, rescue shelter dogs, go vegan, stop killing the cute little baby seals... on and fuucking on and on. Mum got her hands on my smartphone yday and started scrolling through my page with a bemused look on her face. "Quite the activist aren't you?" she said (Inside she's like, "I can't believe we raised an activist, take back that mammy dinner and boot her out the door") Fuucking morto.....

And aside from how much my own profile annoys me, there are also those ridiculous shares from others in my news feed - the girl with the sign saying "I think I'm ugly but my mommy thinks I'm beautiful - like if you agree" and the bad taste photos of poor sick children with captions saying "Like if you hate cancer" - I mean, everyone hates cancer but whats the point "liking" something to get this across? Lately, a super annoying one has been, "like if blah de blah and....ignore if you're a bully" ??!!!! wtf?? I'll fuucking ignore a post if I like, it doesn't make me a goddamned bully!

Finally, though I have mentioned this before, annoying relatives posting twaddle about their super over achieving kids - baby sign language and baby yoga and blah de fuucking blah. Get over it, your child is a thoroughly average sh1t machine just like every other child :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Facebook...

Pointless bollocks. I do not and never did have a FacePuke, a BoBo, nor a MyArse. Interactive daytime TV for a new (and not-so-new) generation of numbskulls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Story bud?

The one that annoys me is 'cheers' or 'sound' instead of saying thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement