Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Facebook.

Finally, though I have mentioned this before, annoying relatives posting twaddle about their super over achieving kids - baby sign language and baby yoga and blah de fuucking blah. Get over it, your child is a thoroughly average sh1t machine just like every other child :P

I think someone needs a cuddle:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

guttenberg wrote: »
    That TV License ad with the fellas feigning how great the punditry has gotten on sport recently. Yet it's clear they are not watching live TV but an internet stream/download. How do I know that? because the close up shows the control bar of Windows Media Player. Annoys me more than it should, don't they have someone to check things before they send it out?:mad:
    efb wrote: »
    If they are watching it on a tv it doesn't matter

That's not an error though, they're 'grooming' you for the, 'Household Charge'..

---

Someone in the house thinking its ok to use the cat's feeding spoons to serve the humans food. (the spoons are stripped of their shine by the catfood, strangely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I think someone needs a cuddle:p

:(

yes.....

People who eat "hang sangwidges"

Usually from the boot of a car in the vicinity of Croke Park, and drinking tay from a flask (straight from the flask)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Facebook.

I'm very close to closing my account. Everything about it annoys me lately. It's basically just a platform on which you can live your life vicariously through other people's opinions of you. I'm even sick of my own profile. I only upload/share/post when I am drunk and either maudling or self-righteous so my profile is basically a shrine to my dead dog, my live dog and whatever ridiculous posts I've decided are worthy of sharing - bull**** propaganda about being pro-life, anti enda-kenny, ban fur farming, rescue shelter dogs, go vegan, stop killing the cute little baby seals... on and fuucking on and on. Mum got her hands on my smartphone yday and started scrolling through my page with a bemused look on her face. "Quite the activist aren't you?" she said (Inside she's like, "I can't believe we raised an activist, take back that mammy dinner and boot her out the door") Fuucking morto.....

And aside from how much my own profile annoys me, there are also those ridiculous shares from others in my news feed - the girl with the sign saying "I think I'm ugly but my mommy thinks I'm beautiful - like if you agree" and the bad taste photos of poor sick children with captions saying "Like if you hate cancer" - I mean, everyone hates cancer but whats the point "liking" something to get this across? Lately, a super annoying one has been, "like if blah de blah and....ignore if you're a bully" ??!!!! wtf?? I'll fuucking ignore a post if I like, it doesn't make me a goddamned bully!

Finally, though I have mentioned this before, annoying relatives posting twaddle about their super over achieving kids - baby sign language and baby yoga and blah de fuucking blah. Get over it, your child is a thoroughly average sh1t machine just like every other child :P

I had an account for a few years but rarely visited as like you everything annoyed me about it. Silly invitations and so and so likes such and such. A load of twaddle as you say. In the end I only received emails telling me they missed me. I didn't miss them and deleted the account early this year. I encourage everyone to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Facebook.

I'm very close to closing my account. Everything about it annoys me lately. It's basically just a platform on which you can live your life vicariously through other people's opinions of you. I'm even sick of my own profile. I only upload/share/post when I am drunk and either maudling or self-righteous so my profile is basically a shrine to my dead dog, my live dog and whatever ridiculous posts I've decided are worthy of sharing - bull**** propaganda about being pro-life, anti enda-kenny, ban fur farming, rescue shelter dogs, go vegan, stop killing the cute little baby seals... on and fuucking on and on. Mum got her hands on my smartphone yday and started scrolling through my page with a bemused look on her face. "Quite the activist aren't you?" she said (Inside she's like, "I can't believe we raised an activist, take back that mammy dinner and boot her out the door") Fuucking morto.....

And aside from how much my own profile annoys me, there are also those ridiculous shares from others in my news feed - the girl with the sign saying "I think I'm ugly but my mommy thinks I'm beautiful - like if you agree" and the bad taste photos of poor sick children with captions saying "Like if you hate cancer" - I mean, everyone hates cancer but whats the point "liking" something to get this across? Lately, a super annoying one has been, "like if blah de blah and....ignore if you're a bully" ??!!!! wtf?? I'll fuucking ignore a post if I like, it doesn't make me a goddamned bully!

What you've got to do there is go on a good old fashioned facebook "refinement".

Scroll through your newsfeed and every time you see a bull**** "like and share to win" post or stupid petition or whatever annoys you, hover over the post and an arrow will appear in its top right corner. This will give you the option to block whoever is posting all the crap from your newsfeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who eat "hang sangwidges"

Not me, guv'nor. Around my trousers is the finest New World hemp cord, my Wellin'tons are new, and my sangwidges are of back-rasher. :cool:

gramar wrote: »
    The one that annoys me is 'cheers' or 'sound' instead of saying thanks.

Guilty I am afraid....sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who say 'yes lad' or 'yes boy', when they meet you in Donegal. Usually some a**hole who attened the same secondary school as you and you haven't seen him in 20 years. It pisses me off big time.

Also, getting an invitation to a school reunion from Michele or Catriona or Sandra, that really stuck up girl from secondary school who wouldn't go on a date with you or play nurse with you after the school disco :D. Keep your bloody school reunion invitation and cram it.

People who say 'yes lad' or 'yes boy', when they meet you in Donegal. Usually some a**hole who attened the same secondary school as you and you haven't seen him in 20 years. It pisses me off big time.

Also, getting an invitation to a school reunion from Michele or Catriona or Sandra, that really stuck up girl from secondary school who wouldn't go on a date with you or play nurse with you after the school disco :D. Keep your bloody school reunion invitation and cram it.

Yes, and when you meet her you can say " I remember you, you used to be good looking..."

• Advertisement

Smithwicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Being handed the oversized reciept at the supermarket till then having your change plonked on top of it, arghhhh
    Would it be to much to ask having it at least the other way around.

Yes, and when you meet her you can say " I remember you, you used to be good looking..."

Ouch!!! :)

Little skanks leaving their bike sprawled on the pavement just outside a shop doorway. Is leaning it up against a wall just to hard or what, when they need to **** do they just do it where then stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

shroom007 wrote: »
    Little skanks leaving their bike sprawled on the pavement just outside a shop doorway. Is leaning it up against a wall just to hard or what, when they need to **** do they just do it where then stand.

Couple of years back I was heading to the shop and this little f*cker jumped off his bike and dropped it right in front of me. I mean literally dropped it at my feet, I just hooked my toe underneath it and flipped it right out onto the road.

Of course then he was all "Whaddyadothatfor?" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The way footballers celebrate after scoring a goal. Really annoys me.

50/€1 surcharge on top ups making an unwelcome return and staff who shrug their shoulders when asked why.
    Shrugging aswell you just know the dont give a sh*t and hold you in contempt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Maybe mentioned already but the constant 'man' that some people have to add to every sentence.
    "Yeah man that was sweet"
    "Listen man, you coming to the pub?"
    "So what you up to these days, man?"

It seemed to only come in over the last five or six years.

cashback wrote: »
    Maybe mentioned already but the constant 'man' that some people have to add to every sentence.

I say man quite a lot. Same as some people say boss, boy, mate, pal, bud etc. etc.

I've been saying it for a lot longer than five or six years though.

Nah man, people have been using this since the 1950's, Beatniks, Hippies, etc, not to mention the classic "FFS man!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

shroom007 wrote: »
    50/€1 surcharge on top ups making an unwelcome return and staff who shrug their shoulders when asked why.
    Shrugging aswell you just know the dont give a sh*t and hold you in contempt

Its not the shop raising the price, its the phone companies increasing the wholesale price to the shop. 5 euro credit costs the shop 5.15 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Men and women who run out of shop doorways, in a panic and all flustered they then run into you almost knocking you over on the pavement and you end up apologising to them????? Holy fook sake what is that all about, where's the fire, where's the emergency you have to get to?????

Wee fookers who gather in a private car park after midnight in their 'modded' cars, rev up their engines, keep their lights on shining into my apartment, do their doughnuts, tyre screeching. And then leave their fast food boxes, wrappers and drink containers lying about for someone else to come along and clean up after them. They wouldn't sit outside their parents house doing that 7 nights a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Wee fookers who gather in a private car park after midnight in their 'modded' cars, rev up their engines, keep their lights on shining into my apartment, do their doughnuts, tyre screeching. And then leave their fast food boxes, wrappers and drink containers lying about for someone else to come along and clean up after them. They wouldn't sit outside their parents house doing that 7 nights a week.

Sounds like they don't know the proper etiquette for dogging :pac:

Men and women who run out of shop doorways, in a panic and all flustered they then run into you almost knocking you over on the pavement and you end up apologising to them????? Holy fook sake what is that all about, where's the fire, where's the emergency you have to get to?????

What parents?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

1. people who say "aaaaa" sounding like an ass neighing after everything they say or when they are thinking of what next to say
    2. people who slurp the hell out drinking tea....everyone slurps but there are some champion slurpers
    3. people who make crazy moaning noises and munching noises when eating an apple....I am starting to think that there should be some etiquette whereby people should not be allowed eat apples in front of people
    4. People how chew chewing gum with the mouths open.
    5. people who chew chewing gum anytime other than after eating something
    6. People who eat when they are talking on the phone
    7. when you order something in McDonalds and the say would you like a seat...no I would not, just give me you mucky food
    8. Chippers who never have chips ready so you have to wait 20 minutes for a bag of chips
    9. people who stand in walkways in pubs and then are amazed when they are asked to move....or whose still refuse to move even though the see you are trying to get past...tossers
    10. people who say "epic!"
    11. people who say "tremenjuz" instead of tremendous. The amount of politicans that speak like this is criminal...no wonder the country is ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Nah man, people have been using this since the 1950's, Beatniks, Hippies, etc, not to mention the classic "FFS man!!"

Not in Ireland, man.

Not in Ireland, man.

I cant vouch for the 50/60 era personally, but for sure it was in wide usage in my neck of the woods from the 70's on, man. Used quiet a lot among types who favour a bit of reggae and enjoy the odd "Moroccan Woodbine", man.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Smithwicks

Are ye goin for a pint?

• Advertisement

Yer too damn right...

*gets coat*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement