Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Are ye goin for a pint?

Awful piss IMO, nearly as bad as Bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

It's strange. I wouldn't drink Smithwicks if you paid me, but a lot of these new craft beer red ales are feckin gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Smithwicks

their Pale Ale is quite nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

krudler wrote: »
    their Pale Ale is quite nice though

Ah, it's a bit pissy really. Give me a punk IPA, O'Hara's or sierra nevada pale ale over it any day.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Ah, it's a bit pissy really. Give me a punk IPA, O'Hara's or sierra nevada pale ale over it any day.

They have a beer in Lidl called "The Bishops Finger", anyone tried it? snigger snigger

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »

I like Sierra Nevada yeah, most of Brew Dog's stuff is lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Brew Dog do some really nice stuff, but it's so damn hard to find :(:( .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Had one of their Dogma the other day. Tasty.

Had a pint of their Punk IPA a while back, but wasn't so keen. Not a fan of IPAs in general though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I love Smithwick's, it's all I ever drink when I'm home. I'm trivially annoyed by people's dislike for it on this thread.

There's a nice off licence near us that does loads of craft beers, my housemate is a big beer drinker and likes his craft stuff so I usually get to taste whatever he's discovered, beer is lovely once you move away from the rubbish most pubs serve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There's a nice off licence near us that does loads of craft beers, my housemate is a big beer drinker and likes his craft stuff so I usually get to taste whatever he's discovered, beer is lovely once you move away from the rubbish most pubs serve.

+1; trivial thing that annoys me is my local "gastropub" which serves only bland macro shyte beer... their food is gorgeous but "gastro" should apply to the beer too!

The guy round the corner from me with new fuucken leaf blower, only seems to use it before 10am on Sat & Sun, it sounds like 747 taking off!! And it seems to take at least an hour to blow what could be swept in 10 mins.

The guy round the corner from me with new fuucken leaf blower, only seems to use it before 10am on Sat & Sun, it sounds like 747 taking off!! And it seems to take at least an hour to blow what could be swept in 10 mins.

Blowing/sweeping leaves is pointless at this time of year anyway, they'll be back the next day, and I like seeing leaves on the ground, nothing as satisfying as giving a leaf a good crunch

Blowing/sweeping leaves is pointless at this time of year anyway, they'll be back the next day, and I like seeing leaves on the ground, nothing as satisfying as giving a leaf a good crunch

Well, what I do is sweep mine up, and fuuck them in leaf blowers driveway during the night.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Leaf-blowers. Almost as bad as these blasted Cheeses power-washers. Every second evening there's some lantherin' buck-ape out washing his driveway with one of these Lidldi power-washers. The sooner they bring in water charges (and blow up the Karcher factory) the better. So, for the record, here's how it's done:

1) Get in car, drive to Co-Op store, purchase a gallon of Chlorus milking-machine cleaner.

2) Mix one part chlorous to ten parts water in a watering-can with a regular "rose-sprinkle" head.

3) Stroll up and down driveway and/or footpath(s), applying a nice stabhaill of chlorous solution evenly on the ground.

4) Go for a pint.

5) Repeat [3] above, this time with plain, clear water. You may repeat [3] with Chlorous solution on particularly difficult/soiled portions.

6) Done. With about two gallons of water and no mess or noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who say bye, bye, bye, bye, (time passes) bye, bye at the end of a phone conversation.

People who queue in the post office or bank and still shout into their mobile phones.

People, mainly women, who take out a credit card to pay for a carton of milk and loaf of bread at the checkout. :mad:

People who come down from the mountains once a month, go shopping and have 4 shopping trolleys loaded up at the checkout... get a life and get outdoors more.

Computer vouchers for schools. Remember those? Female checkout assistants in Tesco counting out every last fookin one to make sure you don't get an extra one. Compare that to male checkout assistants, here you go bud, enjoy.... ladies what is going on with that????

People who click their pens non stop when you are talking to them, I think I saw this on here somewhere before. Clickity, click, click, clickty fookin click.... would you ever click off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People who say bye, bye, bye, bye, (time passes) bye, bye at the end of a phone conversation.

I love this. Friend of mine does it. It almost defines him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who queue in the post office or bank and still shout into their mobile phones.

People, mainly women, who take out a credit card to pay for a carton of milk and loaf of bread at the checkout. :mad:

People who come down from the mountains once a month, go shopping and have 4 shopping trolleys loaded up at the checkout... get a life and get outdoors more.

Computer vouchers for schools. Remember those? Female checkout assistants in Tesco counting out every last fookin one to make sure you don't get an extra one. Compare that to male checkout assistants, here you go bud, enjoy.... ladies what is going on with that????

People who click their pens non stop when you are talking to them, I think I saw this on here somewhere before. Clickity, click, click, clickty fookin click.... would you ever click off.

lol

Indeed. In fact I predict the next government will introduce a tax on every "bye" the first chance they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Indeed. In fact I predict the next government will introduce a tax on every "bye" the first chance they get.

Fianna Fail let this country go to ruin by ignoring the amount of byes that people gave. This government.......

• Advertisement

Fianna Fail let this country go to ruin by ignoring the amount of byes that people gave. This government.......

Yes, in fact at one point they were giving people one free bye for every four byes uttered. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

We should bring this to the attention of Joe on Lavlahn. It's where everyone else goes to whinge!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Yeah, leaf blowers are a load of ****e. Why don't they invent a leaf hoover? It would make more sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Lad sitting across from me here in the office....the feet crossed in under the chair and the legs bouncing up and down like someone having a seizure....and the soles of his shoes rubbing together causing the most annoyin squeaking noise....he'll be going home with em rammed up his hole if he doesnt quit!!

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Lad sitting across from me here in the office....the feet crossed in under the chair and the legs bouncing up and down like someone having a seizure....and the soles of his shoes rubbing together causing the most annoyin squeaking noise....he'll be going home with em rammed up his hole if he doesnt quit!!

By any chance is he staring at a computer, and has his hands under the desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Chances are that if they live in the mountains they are probably outside quite a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People who cant see that you're upset and just leave you alone, instead they just keep at you :(

I left the dentist this morning after an hour of work on an (unfinished) root canal. I was visibly pale and shaking and had tears running down my face from the pain. Someone tried to stop me to sell me a charity scratch card. Not once, but twice. I went past her to get to the chemist for my prescription pain killers and on the way back she tried to nab me too. Seriously, not a good time to try and sell me something!!

I hate it when people buy me drinks after I've asked them not to.

I want to go out, I want to drink, I want to have a good time right through the night, get some fast food and go home. If you want to do rounds, great. If you want to buy me a drink as a nice gesture, great.

But when some disgusting, far-too-strong, dubiously coloured cocktail/shot is placed in front of me, and I'm expected to drink it, I get annoyed. When I get offered another and I INSIST I do not want one, yet another shows up on my table, I get more annoyed. When I've clearly stated that I am in fact starting to feel ill, and I'm being told about how expensive these cocktails are (i.e. being asked for reciprocation of a gift I desperately tried to convince you I did not want, which is now ruining my night because I've chucked my guts in the loo twice), I get extremely angry. I want my great night out. I do not want to be put in a position where I either look like a bitter bad-craic bitch by not drinking the drinks or I get to look like a pathetic bad-craic lightweight who makes a mess of herself and has to spend the night desperately trying to drunkenly get home while puking everywhere.

So I guess my hatred of having people do an alcoholic Mrs. Doyle on me is also connected to the expectation that if you're given a drink you HAVE to drink it. I want to get wasted, but all night long and at my own pace, not in the first two hours by some sugar-coated obligatory shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Can't handle the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've just seen the Limerick FC assistant manager on T.V. saying, "we've left ourselves down, we've left the fans who've travelled a long way to see us down..."

USING LEFT IN THAT CONTEXT DOESN'T MAKE ANY ****ING SENSE!!!!!

It boils my ****ing blood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement