Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Guys on skateboards or those small bmx bikes trying to look cool but look old enough to have a wife and 2 kids , grow up ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

People with fake allergies as in "I'm allergic to dairy , soya etc.", if you haven't collapsed or your whole face swelled up , I'm not interested and you ain't allergic honey so get over your attention seeking !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People who don't use manners, won't kill you to say Thanks or Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Autosport wrote: »

This really bothers me. I say please and thank you for every single thing. I don't know why people don't

Although I have been told that I sound really disingenuous when I say thank you so maybe I shouldn't bother :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Indeed, if I hold a door open for someone and they don't say thanks it iritates the f*ck out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

...and it doesn't have to be verbal. I let a van driver trying to pull into traffic in front of me this morning and no much as a flash of their indicators as thanks. Next time instead of slowing down and doing anyone a favour I'll be closing the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I hate it when people buy me drinks after I've asked them not to.

I want to go out, I want to drink, I want to have a good time right through the night, get some fast food and go home. If you want to do rounds, great. If you want to buy me a drink as a nice gesture, great.

But when some disgusting, far-too-strong, dubiously coloured cocktail/shot is placed in front of me, and I'm expected to drink it, I get annoyed. When I get offered another and I INSIST I do not want one, yet another shows up on my table, I get more annoyed. When I've clearly stated that I am in fact starting to feel ill, and I'm being told about how expensive these cocktails are (i.e. being asked for reciprocation of a gift I desperately tried to convince you I did not want, which is now ruining my night because I've chucked my guts in the loo twice), I get extremely angry. I want my great night out. I do not want to be put in a position where I either look like a bitter bad-craic bitch by not drinking the drinks or I get to look like a pathetic bad-craic lightweight who makes a mess of herself and has to spend the night desperately trying to drunkenly get home while puking everywhere.

So I guess my hatred of having people do an alcoholic Mrs. Doyle on me is also connected to the expectation that if you're given a drink you HAVE to drink it. I want to get wasted, but all night long and at my own pace, not in the first two hours by some sugar-coated obligatory shots.

I find this maddening too, and thought I was just being ungrateful! We had a friend like that who was incapable of going out and just having a few. The night HAD to start with an entire bottle of wine just for her, followed by more wine, cocktails, muck etc and then inevitably some random sh1te shots would be slammed down in front of us and we'd be made feel bad/sad/boring/old/killjoys for not drinking them. One night in particular she arrived over with a small tray of them and said, "come on you haaaaave to. I can afford it, your stupid government give me money just because I have a baby!" - I could have fuucking smacked her. OH is like "drink up, your taxes paid for it!" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I find this maddening too, and thought I was just being ungrateful! We had a friend like that who was incapable of going out and just having a few. The night HAD to start with an entire bottle of wine just for her, followed by more wine, cocktails, muck etc and then inevitably some random sh1te shots would be slammed down in front of us and we'd be made feel bad/sad/boring/old/killjoys for not drinking them. One night in particular she arrived over with a small tray of them and said, "come on you haaaaave to. I can afford it, your stupid government give me money just because I have a baby!" - I could have fuucking smacked her. OH is like "drink up, your taxes paid for it!" lol

It would give me great pleasure to skull-drag that woman around the place by the hair for about ten minutes, before strolling back to the corner-snug and my Pint of Plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

gramar wrote: »
    ...and it doesn't have to be verbal. I let a van driver trying to pull into traffic in front of me this morning and no much as a flash of their indicators as thanks. Next time instead of slowing down and doing anyone a favour I'll be closing the gap.

Don't do it! One eejit shouldn't ruin it for the nice majority. Plus, you never know what was on his or her mind. Benefit of the doubt and all that. G'wan.

jimgoose wrote: »
    It would give me great pleasure to skull-drag that woman around the place by the hair for about ten minutes, before strolling back to the corner-snug and my Pint of Plain.

I did, thats why we're not friends anymore :D

Her baby was literally a money maker for her. She only got pregnant so she could get a permanent visa. She used to drink while pregnant (and I'm not talking the odd glass of wine!). She was back in the pub when her poor little fella was two days old, wearing pads under her top because she was leaking :eek: I'm not a mum, but wouldnt you want to be at home with your baby at that stage?? You know, like to bond and stuff, and he needs your smell and your voice and all that? I just thought it was really sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Indeed, if I hold a door open for someone and they don't say thanks it iritates the f*ck out of me.

Agree, I spent years telling my young fella to always hold the door for the person behind, and one day he said " I am beginning to get fed up doing this, nobody ever says thanks"..............The youth of today, I despair.

Khannie wrote: »
    Don't do it! One eejit shouldn't ruin it for the nice majority. Plus, you never know what was on his or her mind. Benefit of the doubt and all that. G'wan.

I know, the very same thought came into my head as all it takes are just a few small acts of common courtesy and driving would be so much better. It's just that sometimes the selfish nature that some people have behind the wheel drives me mad.

The benefit of the doubt has been granted.

People who get into lifts before people can get out of them. Close cousins of those who get onto buses before passengers alight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Cutting a loaf of fresh brown bread and it falls apart, or the top comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've just seen the Limerick FC assistant manager on T.V. saying, "we've left ourselves down, we've left the fans who've travelled a long way to see us down..."

USING LEFT IN THAT CONTEXT DOESN'T MAKE ANY ****ING SENSE!!!!!

It boils my ****ing blood.

Yeah, that mix up between leave and let really bugs me

I did, thats why we're not friends anymore :D

Her baby was literally a money maker for her. She only got pregnant so she could get a permanent visa. She used to drink while pregnant (and I'm not talking the odd glass of wine!). She was back in the pub when her poor little fella was two days old, wearing pads under her top because she was leaking :eek: I'm not a mum, but wouldnt you want to be at home with your baby at that stage?? You know, like to bond and stuff, and he needs your smell and your voice and all that? I just thought it was really sad :(

I know the sort, there was a woman lived near me, breast fed a kid at 16, the funny thing is, he wasn't even her kid .....never really understood it:pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know the sort, there was a woman lived near me, breast fed a kid at 16, the funny thing is, he wasn't even her kid .....never really understood it:pac:

Bit old for that craic at 16, too! :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

jimgoose wrote: »
    Bit old for that craic at 16, too! :D

Bitty?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who ring you and have you on speaker phone, I fcuking HATE it. All I can usually hear is my own voice echoing back at me, the sound is coming out of the speaker and being picked up by the reciever so it's in a loop and I can't hear what you're saying dumbass, pick up the phone!

:eek:

• Advertisement

Bitty?

You just had Bitty, Harvey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fact that when I opened up the first page, it's rife with stupid ridiculous government and Enda Kenny/budget/bull**** threads. One, two would be more than enough, you would think but apparently not.

People that cannot be trusted. I don't know whether it's me with awful taste in friends, if it's me with the problem, or if I just know a lot of crap people - but I've spent an awful long time the past week or so thinking about this, and there's not one person in my life that I can trust. And I don't know why that annoys me so much, but there ya go.

I ony recently learned the correct was to say "were/was" in the subjunctive(?) tense. You know, like sayng, "If I was Enda Kenny I would kill myself" (for example lol) or "if I was" :confused: They both sounded right to me and I used them interchangeably. Now I know it simply followd the same format as if you were using the past tense. So... "I was, you were etc" duh :rolleyes:

That is trivial, and used to annoy me! And if I find out I'm wrong, i'll be fuucking maaaaaad!:(

Edit: wrong, wrong, wrooooooooooooooooooooooooong!!!!!!!!!! Were is right, but "was" is common. Sigh....

The Madeline McCann "jokes" on the "Best jokes ye ever heard" thread. I like a joke as much as the next guy, but FFS, this IMO is a new low.

On the rare occasion, like today, that I have a goo on for a packet of crisps with my lunch and I go to the staff canteen and there's no King and I have to eat sh*tty tasteless Tayto cheese and onion crisps. Bah.

On the rare occasion, like today, that I have a goo on for a packet of crisps with my lunch and I go to the staff canteen and there's no King and I have to eat sh*tty tasteless Tayto cheese and onion crisps. Bah.

I am a Tayto man. I worked with a girl who told me she loved Taytos(sic) and I brought her a pack one day, and she says "Oh no, I don't like those Taytos, its the other type Perry, FFS, she also drank "tins" of Coke.

I am a Tayto man. I worked with a girl who told me she loved Taytos(sic) and I brought her a pack one day, and she says "Oh no, I don't like those Taytos, its the other type Perry, FFS, she also drank "tins" of Coke.

I also have a mate who calls cans tins of beer. It's a strange one.

On another note, when you say "Tayto man"... I originally thought you were a man, but then I thought I read a post where you said you were a lady. Now I'm completely confused :D

I also have a mate who calls cans tins of beer. It's a strange one.

On another note, when you say "Tayto man"... I originally thought you were a man, but then I thought I read a post where you said you were a lady. Now I'm completely confused :D

Ah, the plot thickens........a poll perhaps?:pac:

Ah, the plot thickens........a poll perhaps?:pac:

If I knew how, I probably would :pac:

• Advertisement

I ony recently learned the correct was to say "were/was" in the subjunctive(?) tense. You know, like sayng, "If I was Enda Kenny I would kill myself" (for example lol) or "if I was" :confused: They both sounded right to me and I used them interchangeably. Now I know it simply followd the same format as if you were using the past tense. So... "I was, you were etc" duh :rolleyes:

That is trivial, and used to annoy me! And if I find out I'm wrong, i'll be fuucking maaaaaad!:(

Edit: wrong, wrong, wrooooooooooooooooooooooooong!!!!!!!!!! Were is right, but "was" is common. Sigh....

That would be a conditional tense! It's the second conditional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement