Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Learner drivers that put the L plates on backwards. These people want to be allowed drive on the roads yet can't put a sign up properly. Everybody in the car knows you're not capable of driving, its the other drivers you're supposed to warn ffs. I call them backwards learner drivers.

I saw an instructor with them on backwards a few weeks ago and i nearly lost the plot.

maybe it's because sometimes the L plate is sticky on the side that would require you to place it on the outside of the vehicle for it to be on the right way around. But if you put it on the outside of your car it will more than likely fall off, requiring you to buy new ones, so the simplest way is to stick them on the inside part of your windscreen-(albeit backwards). (they fall off when they're stuck onto the inside ffs never mind the outside!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

When your taking to an adult on the phone and they put their kids on the phone to talk to you.. No thanks i don't want to talk to a 4 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People who drive really slow, then realise the light ahead is green and they floor it to make it. If the idiots drove at the speed limit in the first place they would have made the light with loads of time.
    Cyclists going past a parked car who think nothing of pulling out in front of you without looking back or indicating.
    People who obviously don't know where they're driving to and are looking at street names or house numbers, but they'll creep along at 5kph in the middle of the lane. Pull in ffs, or drive on the left!
    You're at a red traffic light, about 15 cars back. You should make it through when it changes. But the first few cars are so slow off the mark, only 5 cars get through.

e_e wrote: »
    Filling the water up too high in a cup of instant noodles.
    The worst thing about it is you're thinking that you can't even cook a pot noodle right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

People using the phrase 'Immaculate conception'.

Usually they are using it in a 'OMG She was a virgin it must be an immaculate conception'.

Mary getting pregnant without getting up on Joesph is called the virginal conception.

When Mary was born she was kept free of original sin and was filled with the sanctifying grace normally conferred during baptism - That is the Immaculate conception.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

People whistling along to a song on a radio or people whistling in general...I don't mind myself doing it though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

123 LC wrote: »
    maybe it's because sometimes the L plate is sticky on the side that would require you to place it on the outside of the vehicle for it to be on the right way around. But if you put it on the outside of your car it will more than likely fall off, requiring you to buy new ones, so the simplest way is to stick them on the inside part of your windscreen-(albeit backwards). (they fall off when they're stuck onto the inside ffs never mind the outside!)

You see a lot of people revolving them at 90 degrees or upside before you even go near the inside out concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Seriously thought that was a dude, hahahahaha really annoying still

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why are you 'on' a bus but 'in' a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The expression "a job of work" usually used by union / civil servant types - I feckin' hate it.
    People over using the word literally and not knowing what it means. "I was literally crying my eyes out!", were you? So your eyes had popped out of your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

People who pull their trolly behind them in the supermarket, oblivious that they are knocking things of shelves/into other people.

People who light their fag the very second they leave a shop/bus always blocking the door FFS :mad:

People talking on their phones while being served in a shop, then a*se around trying to get their money out, throw it at the cashier then still stand at the end of the till yapping!

People who walk slowly on a busy street/shops then suddenly stops! turn around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Patio floodlights, that are triggered when you're only walking down the street

Waiting for a free treadmill at the gym, while someone walks on it.

Go for a walk outside if you want to stroll!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

The way Joe Silva comes into the cage just after a UFC fight to congratulate the winner.

He smiles and tries to shake the guys hand saying good job. He does it every single time and I don't know why it bugs the sh1t out of me but it does.

Maybe some day one of the fighters will punch him in his tiny head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

TheNap wrote: »
    People getting the lift to the 1st floor
    People on the 1st floor getting the lift to the ground floor are even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Candie wrote: »
    Waiting for a free treadmill at the gym, while someone walks on it.

Go for a walk outside if you want to stroll!

go for a run outside if you want to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

People who flick their cigarette butts onto the ground when still lighting.. least they can do is stamp them out

when the ashtrays on top of public bins are full and catch light... the smell is horrible

People who let everyone around them know that their in a bad mood when things aren't going their way.. for example today in work the person beside me was having an off day so proceeded to type by banging the keyboard while sighing heavily every two seconds and mumbling under their breath... if your in a mood theirs no need to try drag everyone down with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

wadefuq wrote: »
    People who flick their cigarette butts onto the ground when still lighting.. least they can do is stamp them out

when the ashtrays on top of public bins are full and catch light... the smell is horrible

People who let everyone around them know that their in a bad mood when things aren't going their way.. for example today in work the person beside me was having an off day so proceeded to type by banging the keyboard while sighing heavily every two seconds and mumbling under their breath... if your in a mood theirs no need to try drag everyone down with you...

Or, you know, actually dispose of them properly instead of littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

LizT wrote: »

Or, you know, actually dispose of them properly instead of littering.

I did say "the least" they can do.. kind of led into my second point.. not defending it but at times there's nowhere for 'them' to dispose of the butts properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Losing a guitar pick... in the sound-hole of the guitar :P

Teaching a girl to play at the moment, she spends 5 minutes every lesson taking the pick out of the soundhole because thats were she leaves it for safekeeping...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

123 LC wrote: »

or maybe they are just car no 7

• Advertisement

People using the phrase 'Immaculate conception'.

Usually they are using it in a 'OMG She was a virgin it must be an immaculate conception'.

Mary getting pregnant without getting up on Joesph is called the virginal conception.

When Mary was born she was kept free of original sin and was filled with the sanctifying grace normally conferred during baptism - That is the Immaculate conception.

people who think this matters annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

One of my slumber down covers doesn't have buttons or any fastening, it sort of folds in on itself kinda like an envelope, this usually lasts one or two nights and then you can see the slumberdown poking out at the end. Now that's a trivial annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THAT GOD DAM ALAN CARR ADVERT ON THE MAIN BOARDS PAGE THAT IS BLOCKING MY BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad: IS THERE MEANT TO BE AN X ON IT

THAT ANNOYS ME:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Mickey H wrote: »
    Throw it out. Odd freaky spoon.
    It'll come back to haunt him. He'll wake some night and the spoon will be doing a weird dance in his kitchen with a yoplait yoghurt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ronan45 wrote: »
    CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THAT GOD DAM ALAN CARR ADVERT ON THE MAIN BOARDS PAGE THAT IS BLOCKING MY BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad: IS THERE MEANT TO BE AN X ON IT

Subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

ronan45 wrote: »

If you're not savvy enough to have adblock, you deserve to have to look at that shíte.

Planemo wrote: »
    If you're not savvy enough to have adblock, you deserve to have to look at that shíte.

people who abuse people while giving advice, annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Planemo wrote: »

and what did we do to deserve having to look at your posts? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

people who abuse people while giving advice, annoy me
    FFS, even the dogs in the street know about adblock by now - install it or stop bloody whinging about banner ads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement