Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Why does broken leg man/woman have to sit beside me on the bus. There they are, with the crutch and the 'boot' on and they are leaning over people and all out of breath and sweaty, puffing and panting. And I have to get off at the next stop..... sit somewhere else.

Women who never take out their purse and get some money or a credit card ready while the checkout operator is scanning their groceries (wine) through. They always wait right until the end and then the search and rescue mission starts. If paying by paper money and coins, the 1c, and 2c, and 5c coins that have been lying in her purse for the past 10 years have to be counted out, not once but three times....Jeeezzzzz us.

Traffic wardens with a Hitler complex.

Male and female 'managers' in Dunnes Stores and Tesco, related to Heinrich Himler by any chance?

Local celebrities with ego's the size of Mount Fookin Everest. We have a local radio station here in Donegal, you know the one I'm talking about and some of the jocks or djs or presenters on it think they are da business and then some.

Female guards who have no sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My dream job :pac:

"You there, sneezing in the corner? Leave. Yo smelly, mouldy aul wan - yes you with the really tight sandal straps and the flight sock - on yer bike. Hey smart ars* over there - yeah you looking at everyone as they get on - off with ya (fuucking pervert). Oh and all you annoying, willfully blind twats up there at the top of the bus, causing a congestion...go with him. Actually, you know what, lets just evacuate this peasant wagon - ye'r all a bunch of annoying b*lloxes - fuuck off and walk"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :):):):):)

On a serious note, you should put this in script form and submit to RTE......absolute gas, under the working title "My Dream Job" Just to prove Irish can still be funny despite Mrs Browns Boys..yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Every single Rice Krispie ad . Sickly sweet little kids and sickly sweet Mummies .Uggg Arggggg Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The Pampers vaccine ads. 1 purchase of Pampers = 1 vaccine. Seems grand until you consider that pampers is overpriced and they are only giving 5 cent a purchase. You'd be better off buying a different brand and donating the cost difference, it would be a far larger amount that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The term 'craft beer'.

I just hate that term. It may be the correct name for it but it's all I see on some forums.

• Advertisement

Wife and I out for post dinner stroll, with the faithful hound by my side, using a footpath which is a comfortable width for two, and from the opposite direction , comes a group of ladies walking. Now, imo the logical thing to do here is pick a side, and go single file, thus ensuring no person has to walk in the muddy grass. Do you imagine this worked out? Not a chance, we went single file alright, but the ladies (large ones) just kept a comin.................it was like the charge of the ****in light brigade!! I ( and hound who had no choice) proudly stood our ground, causing a division in the ranks.

PS. The wife says I am a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Wife and I out for post dinner stroll, with the faithful hound by my side, using a footpath which is a comfortable width for two, and from the opposite direction , comes a group of ladies walking. Now, imo the logical thing to do here is pick a side, and go single file, thus ensuring no person has to walk in the muddy grass. Do you imagine this worked out? Not a chance, we went single file alright, but the ladies (large ones) just kept a comin.................it was like the charge of the ****in light brigade!! I ( and hound who had no choice) proudly stood our ground, causing a division in the ranks.

She's wrong. I can not stand c*nts who walk two or three abreast and then expect someone coming the other way to step out onto the f*cking road or onto a mucky grass verge. Simple manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

She's wrong. I can not stand c*nts who walk two or three abreast and then expect someone coming the other way to step out onto the f*cking road or onto a mucky grass verge. Simple manners.

I always stand my ground in this instance.

Khannie wrote: »

I tend to as well.

I tend to as well.

Yeah but you should have this lot, it was horrible, they were the biggest things I have seen and I have been on Safari:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I would have done the same. Standing still and making them go around you is the only way to get through to such blockheads.

Yeah but you should have this lot, it was horrible, they were the biggest things I have seen and I have been on Safari:pac:

Were you scared?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

I would have done the same. Standing still and making them go around you is the only way to get through to such blockheads.

its a woman thing

Were you scared?

Petrified, I think they were due to fed, but it could be the mating season, they had that look, you know, sorta.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Petrified, I think they were due to fed, but it could be the mating season, they had that look, you know, sorta.......

:D

Flocking. Women are very good at that.

Sh*t, sounds like we better stay away from Piney Ridge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Also make an elbow protrude a bit so you can let one of them give herself a dig in the ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

gramar wrote: »
    ...and it doesn't have to be verbal. I let a van driver trying to pull into traffic in front of me this morning and no much as a flash of their indicators as thanks. Next time instead of slowing down and doing anyone a favour I'll be closing the gap.
    Don't do it! One eejit shouldn't ruin it for the nice majority. Plus, you never know what was on his or her mind. Benefit of the doubt and all that. G'wan.

It happened again today. Two lanes one of which goes into a tunnel and one up to a roundabout. I'm heading into the tunnel and a fella in the next lane wants to nip in before it's too late.

Benefit of the doubt and all that I thought. I slowed and let him in and needless to say there was no acknowledgement whatsoever. His drivers window was down and arm resting in the door so it couldn't have been any easier to do but he didn't bother his f?¿king arse. Did he think the space had suddenly appeared by f?¿king magic? F?¿K you asshole.

Thats the last straw. Next time I'll be right beside you until you're forced up to the roudabout where I hope a truck has tipped over and you're stuck there for hours. Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Cyclists on footpaths
    Crumbs in butter
    Eastenders

Watching that new "TAXI" show on RTE, This one in the taxi bangin on, "dey cuh me medical card, an dey cuh me welfare, dey cuh me chidderens lowance, I mean, wheres it gonna stop?" says this seemingly able bodied person sitting in a taxi.....

• Advertisement

So called 'power walkers' out on the pavement in the early evening. Usually three. at least. all walking side by side, arms swinging like fookin windmills, will they get in a single line one behind the other, when someone is walking or cycling towards them, will they me arse. Bordering on arrogance.

Also fookers who change direction on the pavement. Seen this on here today by another poster, you are walking along the pavement on one side and you see someone walking towards you and they are on the opposite side of the pavement. You think to yourself, not a problem, then without any warning, they change sides and walk right towards you. Do they want to 'get to know you' nudge, nudge, wink, wink or are they looking for trouble? And the men aren't any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

So called 'power walkers' out on the pavement in the early evening. Usually three. at least. all walking side by side, arms swinging like fookin windmills, will they get in a single line one behind the other, when someone is walking or cycling towards them, will they me arse. Bordering on arrogance.
    Usually middle aged wagons who spend most of the walk bitching about the occupants of the houses they pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

That's the best option! Even better if you have a bit of size or strength to you. I remember walking along one day on a narrow path (barely wide enough for two) and these two young lads of about 15/16 were walking towards me, chest out, swagger going and generally looking like knobs! I kinda had my head down and kept going, standing my ground but your man obviously thought I wasn't paying any attention and went to kinda clip my shoulder as he went past.

Unfortunately for him I saw it coming and held my shoulder firm, which led to him half spinning into the bush at the side of the path.

They shouted a bit of abuse and that but was totally worth it; my finest hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

People who peel bananas the wrong way, they're meant to be opened at the bottom, you pinch it together and it peels back perfectly.
    Instead you have people yanking the shíte out of the top of it trying to peel it and just..no.

There, that is the most trivial thing that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Trying to get a ' normal ' coffee on the continent especially france and Spain without having to go thru a big rigmarole in pigeon French or Spanish .... Leche, con leche, late , oh..American coffee? , warm milk , hot milk , foaming milk , no, cold milk please ,bla dee bla bla and you still end up with an espresso just after you've lost the will to live !

Over sized cups, sorry I mean breakfast bowls, you get in "coffee shops". Also why does the tea look more like a urine sample?

Tiny tables in "coffee shops". Put a cup (oversized) and saucer plus a plate with maybe a sandwich or scone on it and three quarters of the freakin table disappears.... and of course I get the table with the wonky leg, every freakin time.

"Coffee Shops" with French or French sounding names. If you ask a staff member what does the name above the door mean, they just shrug their shoulders and say they have no idea.

Getting paper cuts, why is it so freakin easy to do that and it always looks like you might need a blood transfusion.

Plastic coke bottles that explode the moment you put them into the fridge and you spend the next hour having to clean out the fridge and dry everything.

The first three or four pieces of toilet paper are always stuck together, why is that? Would the first one not be enough, you end up losing ten sheets by the time you've managed to get the paper free.

All these new fancy tin openers. They look like something Edward Scissorhands would use, but they are totally useless. Give me the old fashioned one any day and it only costs 1.49 in Dealz.

Customers.

And sexism.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thetoffeeman

Haloween bracs on sale, complete with ring. best before date- 25 Oct!!!!! WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Not sure if its been mentioned, but using a public toilet and washing my hands and then having to touch the p!ss and sh!te stained door handle to get out.
    Bit OCD me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but using a public toilet and washing my hands and then having to touch the p!ss and sh!te stained door handle to get out.
    Bit OCD me!

I'm the same, I use me sleeve to touch the handle :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement