Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I'm the same, I use me sleeve to touch the handle :o

I use my elbow to push buttons in lifts. Nothing to do with germs, they always shock me.

Someone here told me to use my knuckle next time and it will be fine, used my knuckle, got a shock. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Clouds.

Do you sometimes accuse them of bring lazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I use my elbow to push buttons in lifts. Nothing to do with germs, they always shock me.

Someone here told me to use my knuckle next time and it will be fine, used my knuckle, got a shock. :mad:

Touch something made of metal and well-earthed beforehand to ground the static. That helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭bren2001

In car parks, people who stop at the top of the ramp to see is there any spaces before driving through. Means I have to wait on the ramp or before the ramp (and inevitably, I am not paying 100% attention the first time they go up a ramp and almost crash into them).

Dunno why they cannot just drive through and spot spaces like normal people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Lift your feet when you walk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

May have said this before but people greeting you in the morning. I just want to be left alone, not plaster a fuucking smile on my face and reply your mundane warbling about how oh my god its raining again! with "yes I cant quite believe it - it never rains in Ireland" and other such nauseatingly dreary comments: "ah sure we cant complain", "ah we'll get a summer again in five years", "ah thats the thing", "ah what can you do?" :mad: And no, there's nothing wrong with me - but there is somethign wrong with you. I'm just not a morning person. I was in a fine mood until you started parping on at me about the crazy Irish weather and telling me to cheer up. I'll fuucking take your cheer and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. raaaaaaaar :mad: :(

The close cousin of that (though not quite as annoying) is at the end of the day. "Yeah, see ya. See Ya. Byeee. See ya. Safe home. See ya tomorrow".

And of course the Friday one, "any plaaaaaaaaaans for the weekend???!!!"

....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees....... and they are none of your fuucking business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    May have said this before but people greeting you in the morning. I just want to be left alone, not plaster a fuucking smile on my face and reply your mundane warbling about how oh my god its raining again! with "yes I cant quite believe it - it never rains in Ireland" and other such nauseatingly dreary comments: "ah sure we cant complain", "ah we'll get a summer again in five years", "ah thats the thing", "ah what can you do?" :mad: And no, there's nothing wrong with me - but there is somethign wrong with you. I'm just not a morning person. I was in a fine mood until you started parping on at me about the crazy Irish weather and telling me to cheer up. I'll fuucking take your cheer and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. raaaaaaaar :mad: :(

The close cousin of that (though not quite as annoying) is at the end of the day. "Yeah, see ya. See Ya. Byeee. See ya. Safe home. See ya tomorrow".

....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees....... and they are none of your fuucking business.

F**king morning people annoy me. There is just something unnatural about people who are happy to have to drag their arse out of bed.

And that morning talk is a load of my ass too even though I do engage in it.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    F**king morning people annoy me. There is just something unnatural about people who are happy to have to drag their arse out of bed.

And that morning talk is a load of my ass too even though I do engage in it.

It's hard not to, thats the problem. It's practically an obligation. I sometimes try to resist it. You know if someone says, "oh its raining" I look at them for a couple of seconds and say, "yes". They are usually annoyed or surprised that you dont qualify the confirmation with meaningless sh1te. Or, if I am really in a bad mood and someone barks, "good morning!" into my face I just raise one eyebrow and say, "is it?". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Breakfast in hotels and :

The stupid small glasses that the give you for orange juice at breakfast so you have to get up 5 times to refill them.

Plus the way they cut the toast in half (triangle). You can not get a decent sambo out of them.

• Advertisement

..."any plaaaaaaaaaans for the weekend???!!!"...

Oh Cheeses that one drives me nucken futs. "Plans for the weekend"?? What the haemorrhaging fuck are you talking about?!? I'll probably do some light gardening, service one of the cars and go down t'Woolpack for a gallon a' porter. What about you - skiing followed by a rave party, then (hopefully cordless) cliff-bungee, no doubt? Fuck straight off!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭bren2001

Strituck wrote: »
    Breakfast in hotels and :

The stupid small glasses that the give you for orange juice at breakfast so you have to get up 5 times to refill them.

Plus the way they cut the toast in half (triangle). You can not get a decent sambo out of them.

Everybody knows triangular toast is far nicer than plain rectangular toast. Get out of it!

bren2001 wrote: »
    Everybody knows triangular toast is far nicer than plain rectangular toast. Get out of it!

Aye. The trick is to halve the sausage. ;)

bren2001 wrote: »

Get out of it with your rectangular toast :D

I am talking about untouched, virgin SQUARE toast. Just take it from the toaster and leave it alone. If it was meant to be in triangles it would come in the pack like that :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh Cheeses that one drives me nucken futs. "Plans for the weekend"?? What the haemorrhaging fuck are you talking about?!? I'll probably do some light gardening, service one of the cars and go down t'Woolpack for a gallon a' porter. What about you - skiing followed by a rave party, then (hopefully cordless) cliff-bungee, no doubt? Fuck straight off!! :mad:

I know. They dont actually care what our plans are. There's also the "do anything nice at the weekend?" on a Monday. Again, a short "yes" usually shuts them up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

People walking around with open bags on their back!

What is wrong with these people? They think it never rains? They think there are no thieves around? They think they have a magical bag that things don't fall out of? Or are they just walking around in a bit of a daze!

Should I close it for them, or take out something, to teach them a lesson?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

mcbert wrote: »
    People walking around with open bags on their back!

What is wrong with these people? They think it never rains? They think there are no thieves around? They think they have a magical bag that things don't fall out of? Or are they just walking around in a bit of a daze!

You should alert them. Any time I've done it it's been by mistake.

mcbert wrote: »

Launch a golly into it.

Grown men, that is men thirty-five years of age and much more, going around with backpacks. We are not talking about trekking through the high Andes here, I'm talking about suburbia. C'mere ta me - you are not a free-spirited student type, or a modern-day suburban Bear Grylls, you're a balding, middle-aged HR drone with a 2007 Corolla. HTFU!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Khannie wrote: »
    You should alert them. Any time I've done it it's been by mistake.

Yeah, that would be the responsible thing to do alright, but I suspect its far too common for it to be a once-off mistake for many people.

e.g. walking around with your shoe laces undone, thats ok, an honest mistake, fix it once you see it. I dont see it that much. But open bags - every day, to and from work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

As someone said to me yesterday "Shure its only ten weeks to Xmas"....

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but using a public toilet and washing my hands and then having to touch the p!ss and sh!te stained door handle to get out.
    Bit OCD me!

****e stained door handles? I must be leading a rather sheltered life, I have seen some bad jacks in my time, but **** on the door handle? Cmon, name and shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

jimgoose wrote: »
    Grown men, that is men thirty-five years of age and much more, going around with backpacks. We are not talking about trekking through the high Andes here, I'm talking about suburbia. C'mere ta me - you are not a free-spirited student type, or a modern-day suburban Bear Grylls, you're a balding, middle-aged HR drone with a 2007 Corolla. HTFU!! :D

I have a backpack. I carry my gym gear, my lunch and my book in it (among other things). Total walk time between front door and office is 30 minutes. What do you think I should be using? A plastic bag? Some spiffy over the shoulder leather jobbie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

emzolita wrote: »
    people that wash the dishes, dirtiest first, then are cleaning glasses last in piggy water. my OH cannot see the difference. Drives me mad.

This and people that wash glasses by holding them under a running tap which means the outside never gets washed grrrr

Khannie wrote: »
    I have a backpack. I carry my gym gear, my lunch and my book in it (among other things). Total walk time between front door and office is 30 minutes. What do you think I should be using? A plastic bag? Some spiffy over the shoulder leather jobbie?

I think you should be using a sober calf-skin briefcase and a Fedora hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Political correctness bugs me. Why are so many things jumped on as racist, sexist or bigoted when they aren't intended to be. Why is it that if you say you don't like someone, the first thing that happens is that you may be labelled one of the above if they aren't white, catholic and Irish?

My mother had me in stitches the other day chatting about black cats she had as a child, we recently rescued a black cat so that's what brought the subject up. Anyway she remembered 1 was called Gollywog, another was called Blackie and a 3rd called ni***r. My mum is 61 and for her generation those were just names.

I hate having to censor myself before saying something in case someone pounces on me with their one size fits all pc crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Political correctness bugs me. Why are so many things jumped on as racist, sexist or bigoted when they aren't intended to be. Why is it that if you say you don't like someone, the first thing that happens is that you may be labelled one of the above if they aren't white, catholic and Irish?

My mother had me in stitches the other day chatting about black cats she had as a child, we recently rescued a black cat so that's what brought the subject up. Anyway she remembered 1 was called Gollywog, another was called Blackie and a 3rd called ni***r. My mum is 61 and for her generation those were just names.

I hate having to censor myself before saying something in case someone pounces on me with their one size fits all pc crap.

One of the funniest stories I heard about political correctness from a mate was a conversation he had with his missus:

Mate: Look at those black people over there.
    Missus: You can't call them black. That's racist.
    Mate: Well what the f**k should I call them?
    Missus: They're African Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyway she remembered 1 was called Gollywog, another was called Blackie and a 3rd called ni***r. My mum is 61 and for her generation those were just names.

No they were not. That last one was offensive from the 1900s.

Must have sounded great when the cats were being called at night/dinner time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Must have sounded great when the cats were being called at night/dinner time:D
    I know, it was the thought of ringing the vets to book an appointment for a pet called n****r that had me in stitches. You just couldn't do it. Just the idea of that name sounds insane nowadays, and it's a horrible word.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement