Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People that say "could of" instead of "could have".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I cant go there............they don't accept cash, anyway I think they only do the cheaper stuff:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I cant go there............they don't accept cash, anyway I think they only do the cheaper stuff:D

Try these......

http://www.jmbarnardo.ie/

Try these......

http://www.jmbarnardo.ie/[/QUOTE]

Pefect, now if only I had the money for petrol fro my Porsche....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The cost of filling my Porsche with petrol these days.......

And does anyone know the best place to buy a mink for the OH's Xmas pressie ?

Rescue one from a fur farm! A mink is not just for Christmas ;)

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Rescue one from a fur farm! A mink is not just for Christmas ;)

I had a chat with my accountant, he says I can afford it, as long as I get it from Penney's

No animals have been harmed in the writing of this post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

People who say they are a bit OCD or that they're OCD about something. You fucking aren't! You like something done a particular way. You do not have OCD. OCD is a disorder. There is nothing special about you in the slightest.

People who say it usually think they're quirky or that they're the only person in the world who likes that thing done that certain way. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who just reply to texts "OK".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    People who just reply to texts "OK".

Worse than that, "K"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

In the tv forum, and it doesn't bother me in threads about RTEs latest Wedding/Wardrobe Renovation sh1te, but for all the major Breaking Bad/Boardwalk Empire/Game of Thrones etc etc threads theres always loads of people constantly butting in with sh1t like: "What channel are you all watching this on?", "What time is this on at?", "Oh no I missed it! What time will it be repeated?"

Its 2013 and you're on the internet, figure it out for fecks sake, I don't see this happening anywhere else besides Irish forums and its constant on Boards, every page of every thread there's one or more of them, shows how backwards so much of the country is still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

At the security baggage check at the airport , you pick the shortest line thinking you're all clever like , but did you check out the dolly bird in front of you....no , then out comes the cosmetic counter from brown Thomas which has to be left behind resulting in a mini nervous breakdown , tweezers , scissors , umbrellas , a laptop....can she really use it , and then of course she gets frisked and has to take off her long zip up boots and a ton of bling , meanwhile your friends are ordering they're second drink at the bar !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

People that say "could of" instead of "could have".

Might they have been saying Could've. Phonetically that sounds like (could of). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cotswolds

Quizzes .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thetoffeeman

drivers who are driving well below the speed limit, then they see a gatso and brake dangerously in front of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Bathroom sinks with taps that are too close to the back of the sink so as to make it impossible to place your entire hands under the flow of water...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Bathroom sinks with taps that are too close to the back of the sink so as to make it impossible to place your entire hands under the flow of water...

On the same trail of thought:

Those push down taps that stay on for one or two seconds before you have to press down again. I mean seriously, how on earth can anyone actually wash their hands properly if you have to keep one hand on the tap constantly if you want a constant flow of water. It's just a severe lack of though or common sense. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Wilberto wrote: »
    On the same trail of thought:

Those push down taps that stay on for one or two seconds before you have to press down again. I mean seriously, how on earth can anyone actually wash their hands properly if you have to keep one hand on the tap constantly if you want a constant flow of water. It's just a severe lack of though or common sense. :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe we need to have a seperate thread for trivial things we hate about bathroom sink taps but...

Those push-down taps which when pressed ejected a tsunami and then suddenly switch off, with no in-between pressure that's possible to wet your hands with.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cotswolds

Maybe we need to have a seperate thread for trivial things we hate about bathroom sink taps but...

Those push-down taps which when pressed ejected a tsunami and then suddenly switch off, with no in-between pressure that's possible to wet your hands with.

Surely separate taps, ie not mixer taps, are the worst. Moving hands from cold tap to hot tap to cold tap........ Why would anybody NOT have a mixer tap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People driving with their fog lights switched on? Why? Can someone please explain why half the drivers of Ireland have to have their fog lights on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    People driving with their fog lights switched on? Why? Can someone please explain why half the drivers of Ireland have to have their fog lights on?

They reason, incorrectly, that if Some Lights == Good, then More Lights == Better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

When you are selling a car and someone tells you they ll definitely call to see it that evening and alas you're left sitting in like a tool with no one showing up...
    Seriously why the fook bother ringing and promise the sun moon n stars that you ll come then don't ?
    If you re not interested that's fine but please don't waste my time cause there's better things I could have been doing!!

Sorry bout the rant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you are selling a car and someone tells you they ll definitely call to see it that evening and alas you're left sitting in like a tool with no one showing up...
    Seriously why the fook bother ringing and promise the sun moon n stars that you ll come then don't ?
    If you re not interested that's fine but please don't waste my time cause there's better things I could have been doing!!

Here since 2008 and less than 100 posts?

I can see where you get your username :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Here since 2008 and less than 100 posts?

I can see where you get your username :D

No, it's because she doesn't put out!

I would settle for some of them just turning a light on, any light (when its dark)

These are usually the last people to turn on fog lights when its foggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I hate that too, people who phone you and arrange a time and a day and as you say, you sit in waiting for them to show and do they show, do they fook. No phone call or text, nothing, what happens to people like that??, alien abduction on their way to meet me is the only thing I can come up with, serves them right, I hope they enjoy the 'probe'.

When you're waiting for someone to answer the phone and you're dying to take a mouthful of coffee but you dont because you are waiting for someone to answer. Eventually, you decide feck it they're taking forever I'll have a scoop and then sure as soon as it's in your mouth they answer. Just fuuckin waiting they were til you put the mug to your lips so they could pounce on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you're waiting for someone to answer the phone and you're dying to take a mouthful of coffee but you dont because you are waiting for someone to answer. Eventually, you decide feck it they're taking forever I'll have a scoop and then sure as soon as it's in your mouth they answer. Just fuuckin waiting they were til you put the mug to your lips so they could pounce on the phone.

I'm off out for a smoke now, the phone hasn't rang all morning...

Let's just see what happens in the next five minutes I get to myself... :pac:

When your phone rings a few times, you answer it, and you hear screaming and $%*! in the background, I always wondered what was goin on, now I know, coffee scald:D

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm off out for a smoke now, the phone hasn't rang all morning...

Let's just see what happens in the next five minutes I get to myself... :pac:

Here, anyone know where Czarcasm is? He's not answering his phone :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement